Oh god I can't art.

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
forgetmenot

Oh god I can't art.

Post by forgetmenot »

So I decided to do a proper visualization of Kagami from over this way, yonder, and I ended up with this. I don't have a tablet and spent far too much time on it. I'm more or less happy with how it turned out but that's solely because my taste exceeds my talent, which is not much in either case. I learned that I basically have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to digital art so I just used a bunch of reference images from the internet while drawing. Anyhoo. Fun times.

Here it is:

Feel free to abuse me.
wazuzu

Re: Oh god I can't art.

Post by wazuzu »

That's actually quite neat, if a lilbit clumsy. If that's not tracing, then definitely draw more.
forgetmenot

Post by forgetmenot »

wazuzu wrote:That's actually quite neat, if a lilbit clumsy. If that's not tracing, then definitely draw more.
Wow, thanks! Yeah I know it's a bit clumsy. I definitely rushed the line work. Buuut I guess I got bitten by the art bug because I'm already halfway through another drawing. :roll:
forgetmenot

Post by forgetmenot »

I guess Kagami's feeling flirty? Either that or I just got too lazy to draw pants.

Full size here.
Last edited by forgetmenot on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

forgetmenot wrote:I guess Kagami's feeling flirty? Either that or I just got too lazy to draw pants.
Well she's winking.
I don't think she's wearing pants because she doesn't need them for what she's pla-*shot*
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

I like it, not exactly how i imagined her but i guess i was close enough
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
thereanimator02

Post by thereanimator02 »

Wow, I still hate how I am a terrible artist. That pic is pretty amazing, and looks exactly like I imagined her. As for the second one..... When do we get to read that scene?
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

You know, I was just about to make a smartass comment about how Kagami has two right feet, then I noticed one of her legs is crossed over the other.
Whoops :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
forgetmenot

Post by forgetmenot »

thereanimator02 wrote:Wow, I still hate how I am a terrible artist. That pic is pretty amazing, and looks exactly like I imagined her. As for the second one..... When do we get to read that scene?
Beware of any smut that may pop up around April 1st...
Steinherz wrote:You know, I was just about to make a smartass comment about how Kagami has two right feet, then I noticed one of her legs is crossed over the other.
Whoops :lol:
I actually swapped her feet in the first line sketch of this due to the fact that she has her legs crossed. Only realized it after I had already started coloring, haha. :lol:
LorSquirrel

Post by LorSquirrel »

I don't know why, but even though you state in the fic that she has auburn hair I always imagine her with white hair like Rika's. Anyway, I think these are great. Way beyond anything I've ever drawn at least.
Solistor

Post by Solistor »

First one's really cute and I like the kind of "rough" lineart you drew there.
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

Just stumbled upon this, I like it! I pictured here as skinnier, like a Rika build. Glad to see I got the hair right though! :D
Linkarena

Post by Linkarena »

You can't art? Are you sure about that? :lol:
I can't really choose a favourite. Probably Hanako. But then who's second?! Rin? Shizune? Lilly? Emi? I can't. I just can't.
Also, little fact: I cry REALLY easily when it comes to entertainment. KS? Got me a few times. Most anime with even a slight amount of sadness? The tears will flooooow.