Stein's Assorted Artworks

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
Steinherz

Stein's Assorted Artworks

Post by Steinherz »

Welp, I happen to be sitting on quite a few doodles/drawings/sketches and whatnot. And I feel like sharing them.
So here's a few bits of art I've been doing over the past few months (related to KS) after being introduced to this lovely community :lol:
Most of the arts will feature some of my OCs in my fic Painless, Scarred and the Broken Heart
Gustav and Hayato during the winter (yes, I know I forgot the pupils. :lol: )

Hayato and his father Irou.

And because everyone loves the "blank white eyes of shock" expression :lol:

Please be gentle?
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
pandaphil

Re: Stein's Assorted Artworks

Post by pandaphil »

Hey nicely done! I like your rough, sketchy art style. And its nice to know what everyone looks like.

At this point I'd start practicing your shading and shadows. Some heavier lines and dark areas would add some 'weight' to the pieces.

And yeah. Pupils. :)
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

A little shading never hurt, but they're pretty good. Definitely better than what I could do at the moment. Grrr... how do you draw hands that don't look like lobster claws? I like how you made your original characters look. Irou looks like a badass father.

Again, I'd add shading, 'cause shading adds definition, and makes the drawing 'pop' y'know?

Anyway, Keep it up.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

pandaphil wrote:Hey nicely done! I like your rough, sketchy art style. And its nice to know what everyone looks like.

At this point I'd start practicing your shading and shadows. Some heavier lines and dark areas would add some 'weight' to the pieces.

And yeah. Pupils. :)
Well I did describe them a bit.
Then again, I haven't gone into details on their appearances :lol:
KeiichiO wrote:A little shading never hurt, but they're pretty good. Definitely better than what I could do at the moment. Grrr... how do you draw hands that don't look like lobster claws? I like how you made your original characters look. Irou looks like a badass father.

Again, I'd add shading, 'cause shading adds definition, and makes the drawing 'pop' y'know?

Anyway, Keep it up.
Thank you both, and yes I know. Shading :lol:
But then again, I very rarely leave pictures Black and white.
That and these are also just sketches/line-arts to be coloured XD
Also, before anyone asks about the signatures on the pictures, I switched from using my initials to a tag.

Sometimes I'll also just forget to put my signature all together until I colour it :lol:
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
rabbitt773

Post by rabbitt773 »

I don't suppose you were inspired by Hellsing were you? Anyway nicely done sketches.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

rabbitt773 wrote:I don't suppose you were inspired by Hellsing were you? Anyway nicely done sketches.
A little bit.
I love the art style of Kohta Hirano (hell, I named one of my OC's after him technically. That and I like alliterative names XD)

Also I found this one. Before anyone asks: No, that isn't Hanako.
I also draw, kind of.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Steinherz wrote:
http://imageshack.us/a/img20/3333/ginaa ... sketch.jpg
Obviously. Not with that chest! :shock:
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

pandaphil wrote:
Steinherz wrote:
http://imageshack.us/a/img20/3333/ginaa ... sketch.jpg
Obviously. Not with that chest! :shock:
That and no scars on the right side of her body (I specified that it wasn't Hanako because one of my friends said "Umm, dude? You forgot Hanako's scars"
My response:
Not every female with long straight hair I draw is Hanako :lol:
I also draw, kind of.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Steinherz wrote:
That and no scars on the right side of her body (I specified that it wasn't Hanako because one of my friends said "Umm, dude? You forgot Hanako's scars"
My response:
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7tx7naU4G1qf4k6e.gif
Not every female with long straight hair I draw is Hanako :lol:
Don't be too hard on him. If you have only a passing familiarity with how she looks, its easy to make the mistake.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

So I took the suggestions, and tried out shading my pencil sketches.
I suppose it turned out okay, and it's something for the ladies :lol:
I didn't feel like killing my hand drawing all his scars though :lol:
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

^I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt, so sexy it hurts.

Just gotta say this and get it out'a the way; DAYUM, what a bod!

*swoon*

Now, to more serious criticizing - the only thing I find wrong with the image is his left arm. The right arm is intricately detailed, and rather muscular, but his left is lacking the same details and muscle definition. I see that he's leaning against a wall, though, that doesn't mean his entire arm flattens out and he loses muscle-mass on the arm in which he is leaning. Meh, it could be overlooked.

Other than that, it's great. The body is very real-looking, and the shading is subtle, yet effective. The scars are a bit wonky, but I'm not too worried about that. I know how difficult scars are to draw. Over all a very nice drawing, and probably better than what I could do, since I like simple, more cartoony and stylized art styles rather than realism. Ehhhh, keep it up~!
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

KeiichiO wrote:^I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt, so sexy it hurts.

Just gotta say this and get it out'a the way; DAYUM, what a bod!

*swoon*

Now, to more serious criticizing - the only thing I find wrong with the image is his left arm. The right arm is intricately detailed, and rather muscular, but his left is lacking the same details and muscle definition. I see that he's leaning against a wall, though, that doesn't mean his entire arm flattens out and he loses muscle-mass on the arm in which he is leaning. Meh, it could be overlooked.

Other than that, it's great. The body is very real-looking, and the shading is subtle, yet effective. The scars are a bit wonky, but I'm not too worried about that. I know how difficult scars are to draw. Over all a very nice drawing, and probably better than what I could do, since I like simple, more cartoony and stylized art styles rather than realism. Ehhhh, keep it up~!
You know what was running through my head when drawing that?

"Hello Ladies. Look at your Hisao, now back to me, now back at you Hisao, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse."
:lol:
I think I overlooked the left arm, whoops. :lol: And yes, drawing "realistic" scars are a pain.

I also have coloured two of the other pictures (and anyone got tips for what coloured pencils work for a "Dirty Blond" hairtone? >.< )
(I was running out of skintone coloured pencils on this one. I need to get more XD)
I also draw, kind of.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

The coloring helps a lot.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

So I had an idea.
I can't seem to draw on the computer (lacking a tablet/stylus-thingey) but I do have GIMP and regular pens.
So this is the result, drawn in pen, scanned to the computer and colored in GIMP (which gives me much more control over coloration).
Thoughts?
I also draw, kind of.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Misunderstood, wants companionship, is actually friendly once you get around appearances, can be extremely scary when angry.
Did I just describe Hanako or Darkrai? :lol:

And this one for shits and giggles:
I also draw, kind of.