Someone has to do it...

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
fetusthebard

Someone has to do it...

Post by fetusthebard »

I love all of the well made trees of your conversation options. But most (if not all) fall short of a detail.
I just completed my last real tree (odd, it's been years...) and Lilly was my downfall on a strictly good ending streak.
A lot of people complain that Rin is a much harder good ending to get on purpose. In truth, I'm a bit lost at Lilly. I've made near every decision I could and constantly get the neutral. So I'm convinced...
What we think about Lilly and her end is incorrect. Most write it off as "pick a certain special topic (those that have played her know the decision) and you end up getting the good one". I think the decisions before the relationship and the ones you make to the doctor and Kenji matter a whole lot more than most people will say. Please let me know if you have similar run-ins.

Hope that made sense, I'm trying to write without spoiling for those that haven't seen this incredible line.
ProfAllister

Re: Someone has to do it...

Post by ProfAllister »

There are trees showing the results of all the (relevant) path choices in the "help" section if memory serves. (Edit:Here.)

In this case, though, you're overthinking it. Lilly's path is somewhat unique in that there are multiple failure conditions, and you just have to hit one to get the bad ending. To put it simply, "If you lie to Lilly, you lose."
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Someone has to do it...
NO ! YOU WILL BREAK THE TABOO ! DON'T !
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Lilly's route does work a little differently than the others as far as how the good ending is delivered, too.

Choices in act 1 only determine which route you end up on, not anything in the route. (There's actually one point where I was disappointed that that didn't happen, even though it changes nothing important - it would've been a nice touch for a line in Shizune's route regarding Hanako, to reflect the "she was cute"/"she wasn't cute" decision, but the line either assumes that Hisao took "she was cute", or changed his mind about Hanako.)

In any case, when you get a Lilly bad ending, how far do you play? All the way to the credits every time? MASSIVE spoiler: If you aren't, you should be.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

If you're going to be using a tree, I can only recommend this thread for both the original poster and Feuver's signature have detailed trees. Also, you spoil the majority of the game by playing with it, so try to only read a choice or two ahead. Also, don't quit before the credits. Just... don't. Lilly will be angry. And you don't want to start a fight on the internet.
(Welcome to the forums BTW!)
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

trees
The only trees around here are poplar. 8)
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

brythain

Post by brythain »

Silentcook wrote:
trees
Fir crying out loud...
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

brythain wrote:
Silentcook wrote:
trees
Fir crying out loud...
Oh, please. We all know that Lilly's neutral end is all about the Scots pine.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
brythain

Post by brythain »

dewelar wrote:Oh, please. We all know that Lilly's neutral end is all about the Scots pine.
Oak, yew win.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

brythain wrote:
dewelar wrote:Oh, please. We all know that Lilly's neutral end is all about the Scots pine.
Oak, yew win.
Willow everybody stop with the puns.
ProfAllister wrote:There are trees showing the results of all the (relevant) path choices in the "help" section if memory serves. (Edit:Here.)

In this case, though, you're overthinking it. Lilly's path is somewhat unique in that there are multiple failure conditions, and you just have to hit one to get the bad ending. To put it simply, "If you lie to Lilly, you lose."
The same statement in instafeels format. "TELL HER THE TRUTH!"
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
fetusthebard

Post by fetusthebard »

Broomhead wrote: (Welcome to the forums BTW!)
I'm a lurker :3
I've been here since the game was released...
I saw Chilled Chaos playing it. I was impressed by the art style so I immediately played for myself.
As for trees, I never used them. But seeing as this was my last playthrough getting a good/bad/indifferent ending I figured looking at one wouldn't hurt. In all honesty, I think the trees I've seen have been wrong. You're right. You really do have to be careful not to mess anything up. She's unique in that way. And if you don't understand why you got the ending you got watching those credits instead of... you know... it must be odd.
FBOF

Post by FBOF »

I had no trouble completing Lilly's path with the good ending, didn't even have to browse through the walkthroughs to get it. It depends more on how YOU feel about the choice presented to you. If you cannot convince yourself to make a certain choice then you shouldn't make that choice, else you'll feel that you've lied to yourself and thus sour the entire relation/playthrough. For example: I can't bring myself to liking Rin & to a lesser extend, Shizune. I'm curious what their routes might offer but fear it'll leave me sour since it's not what I hope/want it to be. Leave the path you're unable to take for a time when you feel up to it and don't expect anything good to come out of it, then you'll feel less disappointed afterwards or might even gain a new insight to the other's person's persona. They are, after all, written like normal human beings and nobody can be friends with everybody. We're just too different in mind/conviction/... for that to be true. All we can do is respect their view & move on.