Katawa Shoujo 1.0 Save to 1.2

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Ilducesaint

Katawa Shoujo 1.0 Save to 1.2

Post by Ilducesaint »

Hello, well i have katawa shoujo 1.0, and i recently saw the 1.2, so if i install the 1.2, can i get to work the 1.0 saves to the 1.2??, if not, is there a way to make it work?.
Thanks in advance
Mirage_GSM

Re: Katawa Shoujo 1.0 Save to 1.2

Post by Mirage_GSM »

It is my understanding that savegames are not guaranteed to work.
However if you don't intend to read the spanish version you don't even need to install the new release.
The only other things that have changed are a few minor grammar corrections - and maybe that thing about Shizune's and Lilly's parents (haven't seen a changelog yet)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
demonix

Post by demonix »

The 1.1 version included an updated version of ren'py which rendered the save files for the 1.0 version completely unusable, so a 1.0 save isn't going to work with the 1.2 version for the exact same reason (with the exception of the persistent file which can be transferred over).
Ilducesaint

Post by Ilducesaint »

demonix wrote:The 1.1 version included an updated version of ren'py which rendered the save files for the 1.0 version completely unusable, so a 1.0 save isn't going to work with the 1.2 version for the exact same reason (with the exception of the persistent file which can be transferred over).
what does the persistent file do??
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Ilducesaint wrote:
demonix wrote:The 1.1 version included an updated version of ren'py which rendered the save files for the 1.0 version completely unusable, so a 1.0 save isn't going to work with the 1.2 version for the exact same reason (with the exception of the persistent file which can be transferred over).
what does the persistent file do??
I believe its the file that contains variables/flags such as what CGs/Music/Scenes/Acts you have unlocked in extras and the main screen, but not the saves themselves.
But dont quote me on that.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

The above is correct.

In our experience, transfering saves between different versions of KS goes like this:
1.0 -> any higher version: impossible
1.1 -> 1.2: it might work or it might not ¯\(°_o)/¯
1.2 -> 1.2.1 perfect transfer

Of course there's no guarantees of anything working but that's more or less the expected outcome.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Going from 1.1 to 1.2.1, things were rather broken as far as most of it went. The gallery transferred over, and what lines (not scenes) I had seen transferred over, but just about nothing else worked.

The persistent state of what lines I had seen was actually quite handy, though, because it just stopped at what changed when skipping.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
phys-

Post by phys- »

Does anyone have the 1.2 or 1.2.1 save folder (it should be the RenPy folder under Users/name/Library in Mac OS X)?

I got a new HD and reinstalled Mac OS X and Katawa Shoujo 1.2.1 but now I have lost my 100% completion. :(
I tried to download the 1.1 save, which is available online, but it didn't work (see the post above).

If you have 100% completion in 1.2 or 1.2.1 and you could upload that RenPy folder with the persistent and actual.KS
files in it, and put a link to it in this thread it would be appreciated.

Many thanks!