Help - Strange Sprite Issue

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
gods_son_is_me

Help - Strange Sprite Issue

Post by gods_son_is_me »

Hello all.

I've been having an issue with KS, but this issue has been hindering me for a while with visual novels. :(

Basically, I am unable to see the character sprites. I can hear the music. The background is fine, even showing the snow, heart beats, and falling leaves. The text windows show up, and I can click away and the story progresses.

However, no character sprites show at all. I've run the game in full screen and windowed mode. Tried running it as an admin, in compatibility mode, in XP or Vista mode, or 640 x 480 res. No dice.
I'm currently on a windows 7 x64 machine, with a GTX 560 video card with the newest drivers.
Furthermore, this exact same issue has plagued me on all other visual novels I'm come across. Wether Japanese- or American-made, no difference. No sprites ever show up.

I've done several google searches on my issue, and for the life of me, I can't find anything remotely relating to this.

Anyone have an idea of what's going on?
griffon8

Re: Help - Strange Sprite Issue

Post by griffon8 »

Dumb question: Have you gotten past the opening scenes to where you meet Mutou for the first time? Because I think that’s the first time a sprite is used in the game. There aren’t any in the prologue.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
gods_son_is_me

Post by gods_son_is_me »

I made it to the hospital where he is supposedly talking to the doctor. I see nothing.
Capture.JPG
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

gods_son_is_me wrote:I made it to the hospital where he is supposedly talking to the doctor. I see nothing.
Capture.JPG
That's still the prologue...

First character sprite is Mutou, at the school.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

What paragon said, no sprites are used until ACT 1.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl