Hanako choice gives same response on both options?

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Vigil

Hanako choice gives same response on both options?

Post by Vigil »

I just got to the point in Hanako's plot where youcall Lily and she is worried about you.
The choice that pops up is to either agree and leave Hanako be for now, or disagree
and try to comfort Hanako
. But when I choose to agree with Lily, the text afterwards
says I don't agree with her and Hisao immediately goes to Hanako. It is the same thing
that happens if you go for the other option. Is this intended, or is this an error? And if
so, is there a way to enter the plot line where you heed Lily's advice anyway?

I'm sorry for not checking other posts on this, I didn't want to inadvertently read a spoiler.
Oddball

Re: Hanako choice gives same response on both options?

Post by Oddball »

Vigil wrote:I just got to the point in Hanako's plot where youcall Lily and she is worried about you.
The choice that pops up is to either agree and leave Hanako be for now, or disagree
and try to comfort Hanako
. But when I choose to agree with Lily, the text afterwards
says I don't agree with her and Hisao immediately goes to Hanako. It is the same thing
that happens if you go for the other option. Is this intended, or is this an error? And if
so, is there a way to enter the plot line where you heed Lily's advice anyway?

I'm sorry for not checking other posts on this, I didn't want to inadvertently read a spoiler.
Actually what's happened is that the choices you've made prior to that choice have set things up so that there isn't anyway Hisao can bring himself to agree with Lilly.

if he had made different choices before, he would have seen things differently and the choice to actually agree with Lilly would be plausible.
Not Dead Yet
Vigil

Post by Vigil »

Fair enough. In such case I would expect the game to show me that I don't actually have a choice,
but if this is how it is I guess I'll just accept it. I'm surprised though, I had intentionally made choices
that I believed would lead me to a different plot line than this one.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Specifically, there's one choice that really matters. And if you gain an understanding of Hanako's thinking, you'll probably get why it's so important.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.