Fullscreen versus Windowed

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
NecDW4

Fullscreen versus Windowed

Post by NecDW4 »

So, theres a slight bit of graphical distortion when playing in FS, as it simply stretches the window to fill the screen. Everything is a bit wider, not a LOT but enough to be noticeable. However fullscreen on or off is pretty much the only graphical option, and unfortunately in windowed it's FAR too small. Is there any way to resize the window, simply dragging the edges doesn't seem to be an option, and theres no setting for it either.
OtakuNinja

Re: Fullscreen versus Windowed

Post by OtakuNinja »

I suggest you go to the Control Panel and change the resolution. :3

You could also right-click on the desktop icon and choose "run in XX XX resolution" :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
NecDW4

Post by NecDW4 »

What do you mean go to the control panel and change the resolution? The resolution my monitor displays? It's a 16x10 monitor so no matter WHAT i change it to it will still be a bit off in fullscreen. Also the closest thing i see to a "run in XXX XXX resolution" is running in a maximized window, which is just the same size. Care to post a SC of what you mean?
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Sure, but it's in Swedish. :3
Attachments
Egenskaper.png
Egenskaper.png (26.65 KiB) Viewed 5034 times
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
demonix

Post by demonix »

But then there might be problems running the game if it's forced into a 640x480 resolution since the games native resolution is 800x600.

It could be a GPU or OS based, but if I run KS on my laptop (this has happened in windows 7 and 8 ) in full screen mode (or any game) it automatically adds black bars to the left and right side to compensate for the widescreen display.