Katawa Shoujo full flowchart

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
A Guest

Re: Katawa Shoujo full flowchart

Post by A Guest »

Regarding Hanako's part of the flowchart, no matter how many +s you get in the earlier Act 2/3 scenes, choosing to not go to town will give you the bad end. Even if you choose "Trust Lilly" in Act 4, it'll ignore it, so you should probably branch it off a bit earlier?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

There's no way to go to the shanghai (Detour Ahead) if you choose to read your book in LET, even if you previously raised some of Shizune's flags.
Also, previous flags don't carry over beyond that choice.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

Alright, thanks for the feedback, I'll get working on fixing those issues. Time to play Hanako's arc more, I suppose, I'll find out what causes her to flip out.

Also, I'll note that the flags doesn't matter beyond the first arc.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Actually there are bits of dialogue that change (e.g in Emi's and Rin's path depending on whether or not Hisao has been to the Shanghai in Act 1), but to the best of my knowledge this doesn't affect any of the choices and flags needed to get a specific ending.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

Version 2.3 of my flowchart Released!
This time, I fixed Hanako's bad ending and removed Detour ahead if you read your book during LET.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/KatawaShoujoFlowchartv23.png
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

I'm still not sure about Rin's arc - someone said in another thread that they picked "Then explain" and still managed to get the good end. And someone else said they picked one of the dialogue options in "In Her Own Image" that's supposed to make you leave the art club, but they didn't end up quitting the art club. Complicated stuff.
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

Yeah, Rin's arc and all the choices makes it very complicated to find the source of what does what. I'm pretty sure that "Then explain" gives you the bad ending though. I'll go check it.
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

Feuver wrote:Yeah, Rin's arc and all the choices makes it very complicated to find the source of what does what. I'm pretty sure that "Then explain" gives you the bad ending though. I'll go check it.
Maybe it's more of a point-system thing? In any case, it's really confusing. But it's interesting to see how different arcs were made more or less complicated depending on the needs of the story. Rin's arc is the polar opposite of Shizune's arc in terms of complexity. (And also in terms of themes, interestingly.)
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

I doubt it's a point system, because clearly the 6 choices of what you answer to Rin basically gets you to either join the club or leave it. The choices before hand are probably just made to see if you'll get the "Leaving Art club or not" path.

To my knowledge of what I tried and with other's flowcharts, that's as close as I can to find the answer to Rin's route. It's extremely long and streneous to go over all the choices, even in skip-mode, since it takes a while before you can check if you leave the art club or not.
Attabui

Post by Attabui »

Feuver wrote:Version 2.3 of my flowchart Released!
This time, I fixed Hanako's bad ending and removed Detour ahead if you read your book during LET.

I can't thank you enough for making/maintaining this. I've absolutely fallen in love with this game, but can't seem to find the time to discover all of the different paths myself.

<3
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

Feuver wrote:Version 2.3 of my flowchart Released!

Thank you Feuver! for the complete version of the flowchart!
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

I wish I could change the OP, I made an account after posting my first version to see if people was interested, it'd be faster for everyone to get the newest version.

Thanks for the feedback, and have fun.
Zet

Post by Zet »

Thanks for the flowchart, now I won't get any bad endings. <3
anarki

Post by anarki »

Thanks for the chart, I just need to correct something that really bothers me for some reason: The bubble before Hanako's arc reads "Hanko arc" :lol:
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

anarki wrote:Thanks for the chart, I just need to correct something that really bothers me for some reason: The bubble before Hanako's arc reads "Hanko arc" :lol:
Aww damnit, I'll go fix that up right now, and check for other mistakes I could've made.