So why such strong opposition to a sequel?

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Sonata101

So why such strong opposition to a sequel?

Post by Sonata101 »

So (first post by the way, yay!) why are the devs so against the idea of a sequel, either made by them or by fans? I don't mind that they've made that choice, after all it's their property and therefor their decision, but I am simply curios for the reason why it is so explicitly stated "No". Personally, I think continuing these characters lives and stories into the college universe presents a lot of interesting options for creating new characters, new ideas, and new obstacles to overcome in these characters relationships. I know I've personally thought of a story for Rin, and have a few others in mind as we speak. Also, to be honest, I'm certain I'm not the only one who's done this. However, sadly I'm just dreaming here. I respect the devs enough not to start working on this project since they so forbid it. However I'm still curious why.
So, how bout it devs? Care to through a guy a bone?
Sonata101

Re: So why such strong opposition to a sequel?

Post by Sonata101 »

Also even though the sequel is undoubtedly out of the question, are any of the devs going to make something else? I mean we're talking about a real team of really talented people, not often do you see something like that. Also, if any of them are interested in making something different and new, any way to contact them? I understand that making Katawa was a disaster but I have some experience working with groups on projects (although admittedly the people I've always worked with have been close by, not literally halfway around the globe). Anyway it's an offer. I'm a writer and composer and am working on some solo stuff, but am always looking for people to collaborate with. After all, what's the point of thinking of this stuff if you can't share it with people?
P.S. If you want to talk to me about any kind of collab, you don't have to be a dev. I'm always open to working with people as long as you're responsible and take things seriously.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

If you've thought of a good story, why not write it down? There are several epilogue fics on this board.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Pretty simple answer:
The devs dont want to.
Thats all there is too it, dont go dissecting it.

Not everyone wants a sequel either, I dont for example.

The majority of VNs never get a sequel, or if they do its in the form of a fandisc, which KS dosent really need. This is due to the Devs ending the story how they want, and leaving the rest for the fans to decide, creating an epilogue sequel would break the majority of fics on this board.

Thats pretty much why,
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

This has been answered repeatedly in the Ask! thread. An intentionally-limited devstalking guide has been linked in the Public Service Announcement sticky as well, and this is ignoring the fact that you're on our public forums which provide a member list.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.