Hisao Nakai cosplay

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

radicalfaith360

Hisao Nakai cosplay

Post by radicalfaith360 »

I went to a local anime convention as Hisao, paying attention to detail by letting my hair grow out some, clean shaved face, white dress shirt, black tie, and green khakis. I don't quite have the hair but I made sure to keep it a little messy like those hair ends Hisao has.

Checking on my heart.

So, what do you guys think?
Steinherz

Re: Hisao Nakai cosplay

Post by Steinherz »

I think that this is supposed to go in Fan Works, not Public Discussion :lol:

Nice cosplay in any case
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Nice attempt, but the problem with cosplaying Hisao is that he just doesn't really look like anybody. His outfit is just incredibly normal looking.
Not Dead Yet
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Oddball wrote:Nice attempt, but the problem with cosplaying Hisao is that he just doesn't really look like anybody. His outfit is just incredibly normal looking.
Hisao's whole design is incredibly generic. I think that's the point, though.
radicalfaith360

Oddball wrote:Nice attempt, but the problem with cosplaying Hisao is that he just doesn't really look like anybody. His outfit is just incredibly normal looking.
Yes I did consider that when I put this together. On my way to the convention it looks like I'm just going to work otherwise. I'm hoping to run into another Katawa cosplayer but it's not likely.
Umber

Post by Umber »

radicalfaith360 wrote:
Yes I did consider that when I put this together. On my way to the convention it looks like I'm just going to work otherwise. I'm hoping to run into another Katawa cosplayer but it's not likely.
I think it would've looked nice with the trademark bandaged heart. But I agree with the others, what you pulled together was pretty sweet, considering the fact that Hisao's style of dress isn't quite...memorable.

Honestly, if you found another Nakai cosplayer, you could both fake heart attacks on the floor, and I'm sure more people would understand the reference then. :P
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I like it, especially the second picture. Needs a little moar ahoge tho.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Sohtak

Post by Sohtak »

I like the 2nd picture too :P

As everyone else has said it just kind of looks like you went to a convention dressed up in formal clothing but we know who you really are cosplaying :P

I've seen a quite a few Hanako cosplayers and a few Kenji's/Rin's
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

I like the second also, however i also agree that Hisao is far too normal looking, especially in school uniform. Add the swaggervest instead, And its more obvious who you are, I mean, there's not many protagonists that wear them. And if you want to go all out, get a girl to cosplay as one of the females for added effect.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

where is hisao's trademark sweater vest that nobody likes?:)) also try some lighter greener pants^.^, or maybe its the photo cause i barely noticed the green collor:)
radicalfaith360

Yes the photo is a little dark so it's hard to see the green. I eagerly uploaded the photo without taking the time to touch it up because I was anxious to share my obsession. XD
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

The SwaggervestTM would make this :P Looks good though, you have managed a tuft at the back of the head as well which was nice :)
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Seeker91

Post by Seeker91 »

You need more and messier hair. Then you'd be all set.
"The things that I want", by Hanako Ikezawa. A chocolate bar. A cup of tea. For the sun to shine. I want to sleep to forget. To change the past. My parents and skin back. Unlimited chess pieces and a license to skip turns. Right then, more than anything, I wanted him.