Guitar Tab - Post them here.

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

wellington_din

Re: Guitar Tab - Post them here.

Post by wellington_din »

Niall Hamilton wrote:Choosing a electric for a fingerstyle arrangement isn't the wisest choice, but the tabs correctly and honestly, it didn't sound that bad

Also, how did you add the violin and flute in later - it was a real nice touch
Well, the first step for add the violin and flute was when I edited every single note on the Guitar Pro. After this, I had to record the sound of the flute and the violin from Guitar Pro with an audio recorder software. And the last step was when I synchronized the sound of the violin and the flute with my video, using a video editor (Sony Vegas 8 ).

It takes a long time to be done, but it isn't hard to do.
wellington_din

Post by wellington_din »

Firewind wrote:That was a great cover, Im going to give it a try myself, even though maybe I'm not as good as I think I am with the guitar :?
Oh well, Firewind, I suggest you to do your best, so you will can handle this song, no matter how much time you'll need.

I remember I needed around 1 month and half to handle this song. I spend over 3 weeks just practicing from the measure 19 to the measure 22, the hardest part in my opinion.

Before this song, I had no experience with fingerstyle. Actually, I'm used to play fast songs with shredding styles on my eletric guitar. I used fingerstyle with just one song or two maybe (one of these was "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin, as I remember).I began to interest myself about this kind of music when a friend came to my house and played this song on his keyboard.

I liked it so much, and I started trying to"convert" the song (composed to be played on a piano) for my guitar. The result was better than I expected.

After this, I practiced many times with patience. The result came after some time. :D

So, my final words I would like to give you for help is: Patience and Insistence. These are the keywords!! :)
Niall Hamilton

Post by Niall Hamilton »

Firewind wrote:That was a great cover, Im going to give it a try myself, even though maybe I'm not as good as I think I am with the guitar :?
Post your cover here when your done!
It's only a matter of time
wellington_din

Re: Breathlessly Cover: Keyboard + Guitar

Post by wellington_din »

Hello guys! I'm back!!! 0/

Some weeks ago I had posted some tabs about a video cover I made of Breathlessly, on my eletric guitar.

This time, I recorded on my acoustic guitar playing with my pretty mom, who's learning to play keyboard. :D

I'm trying to help her, and I teached her how to play this song on the keyboard. So when she handled the song, we decided to record the video, in commemoration!! It was her first full song learned!!! :3

The tabs for the acoustic guitar for this song is the same I posted before for eletric guitar. So if you're interested, take a look on some pasted posts, so you'll find them.

Once again, leave me your comments. It's important to me! :wink:

The new video:

See you next time guys!! 0/
Thoth

Moment of Decision Guitar tab?

Post by Thoth »

Hey this is a long shot but I am a classical guitarist (Still learning) and after playing this beautiful game I couldn't help but be amazed at the soundtrack. I searched online and learned some of the songs on my guitar from the few people who made tabs. Learned some songs like Innocence and Breathlessly, although my favorite piece of the soundtrack was by far Moment of Decision. However, I haven't been able to find a guitar tab for it, so just thought I would take a shot in the dark on the forums and ask if anyone had or has ever found a guitar tab to this wonderful song. Not sheet music, still haven't learned to read notes (;_;)

Thanks.
SpunkySix

Re: Moment of Decision Guitar tab?

Post by SpunkySix »

No idea where that'd be, but good luck.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

I've converted a load of them into guitar tab, I think I have Moment of Decision but it's so far unfinished. Could probably have it done by the end of today if you don't mind waiting? :)
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Here we go:
Moment of Decision.txt
(8.38 KiB) Downloaded 490 times
(Thoth has already been told this but just for anyone else interested)
Where it says 'insert run here' there was supposed to be some crazy set of notes, where you play 24 notes in the place of 10 semiquavers. Now, this was making the ASCII exporting have a hissy, so that's a neat little improv bit you can put in, should you wish to :)

The other is, where it says 'POINT OF INTEREST 2', there are 6 notes when there should be 12. However, before each set of two notes there are supposed to be 2 notes that were on the bass clef. Without putting it 2 steps lower and making some parts unreachable on conventional guitars, I'm afraid I can't do anything here. Just play whatever sounds right.

The final thing is, as is probably quite clear from some parts looking like 'JEEEEZ', some bits of this do not translate well to guitar. At all :P I've tried to make it so that it's as playable as possible, but I've been told my playing style is sometimes a bit odd so if there's anything you think is easier to play by another note, go for it! And feel free to prod me if you don't understand a bit, or you just think 'this is absolute shit.' I won't mind :)
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.