KS Inspired album - coming this Christmas! (Hopefully)

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Josh_Mac

KS Inspired album - coming this Christmas! (Hopefully)

Post by Josh_Mac »

I made a few posts on here before when we finished individual songs but it became too cluttered, so instead I'm going to delete the old threads and use this one.

I'm a member of a band called Love Theory, and as the title says, we're working on writing and recording our debut EP of songs inspired by Katawa Shoujo. We hoped to have it done by Christmas, but after some new opportunities were opened up to us, it may take a bit longer. Anyway though, here's the link: http://soundcloud.com/josh_mccathern to hear our music as it's uploaded, and my signature links to the Facebook page. I recently realized that I'd forgotten to keep people updated on here, the primary location for fans, and so I'm gonna try to rectify that. I hope you guys will check us out, and that you enjoy the music (as unpolished as it is right now).
TheGlassTapper

Re: KS Inspired album - coming this Christmas! (Hopefully)

Post by TheGlassTapper »

Really Good Stuff! I see that you guys have some pink floyd influence hehe
Josh_Mac

Post by Josh_Mac »

Thanks! Our guitarist/songwriter listens to a lot of prog metal and prog rock, so I think those kinds of influence really show through. Funnily enough, he doesn't recognize it at all.
RomanceInAndante

Post by RomanceInAndante »

Well if you want my honest opinion (which you probably don't!) I have to say I really liked what you've got going, I think that the band comes together really well and the sound is passionate and carries presence. I particularly like the female vocals (such as in "Sun Shine") as they are confident and uplifting. The instrumental pieces are wonderful too and like those with vocal accompaniment I found myself jamming along as I worked this evening.

However to be blunt, I didn't particularly like the male vocals of the piece "My Heart, as I see it" or the female vocals in the pieces "Thief" and "Away" purely because the echo-y double-voiced thing kind of put me off whenever I tried to settle into the piece.

I'm not here to bring bad vibes and I really like what you've done in most of the pieces: the instrumentals are excellent, the lyrics are great and I think both male and female vocals are good but I personally find the echo off-putting..... But I'll still be downloading the album. ;)

Best of luck in the future, peace.