Staggering Harmony - Extras (3/10/15) Beta Needed!

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Zykes

Staggering Harmony - Extras (3/10/15) Beta Needed!

Post by Zykes »

This thread is where I will post Character information for any OC out of my fanfic, Any artwork for my fanfic and for Questions and Answers that people might have about the story.

Fan ficiton- Staggering Harmony -

Name: Hiroshi Yamashita
Birthday: Feb 18th
Zodiac: Aquarius
Blood Type: O+
Height: 173cm/5’8”
Weight: 66 kg/147lbs
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Violet
Hobbies: Reading, Writing, Playing the Violin.

Backstory (Contents slight spoilers)
Hiroshi was born to a normal middle class family, though he was born with an abnormality in his Irises, which give a shine to his eyes. During the early parts of his life, it seemed to affect his general interaction with other children. This left him living an enclosed social lie. This trend continued on as he grew into his early teens. Many were spiteful towards him, mainly the family students, leaving him with little to no experience on how to interact with them.

When Hiroshi entered high school, things seemed to change on how he was viewed by his peers. While for the most part girls had the same opinion as normal, male students seemed to be friendlier overall. This helped him come out of his shell a bit. This improvement continued until near the end of his second year when he during physical education pushed his body to the limit and collapsed. No one seemed to know what happened exactly.

He was taken to the hospital, it was discovered that Hiroshi’s heart suffered from Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. This would have been noticed earlier in his life; however he had avoided excessive physical activity during his youth. This gave doctors few options and Hiroshi would not be able to fully recover from it. Due to the stress put on Hiroshi’s heart, he had also been diagnosed with a permanent case of CFS. Katsumi, Hiroshi’s sister who just entered the medical field as a doctor recommended Yamaku Academy to their parents. Options were discussed, but it was finalized that Hiroshi would be transferred to the school. Hiroshi however did not seem to take the news too harshly, having had only just gone through changes in his life, the idea was not too much of a stretch for him.

After sufficient time is given for Hiroshi to recover, he is prepped to arrive at Yamaku Academy, one week after classes start.

His Condition
Hiroshi suffers from “Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy” and has been diagnosed with a permanent case of “CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)”, The symptoms of which have shown themselves are Slight impairment to memory or concentration, Post-exertional malaise (Where physical or mental exertions bring extreme, prolonged exhaustion and sickness), Unrefreshing sleep, Shortness of breath, Visual disturbances (Blurring, Sensitivity to light, eye pain/dry eyes), reduction of his immune system. He takes medication and is suggested to do light stretching to help improve blood flow. However, his physical appearance can be affected by his condition, including slight bags under his eyes, slower body movements, and a constant half-awake gaze.

Personality
Hiroshi has always been kind hearted by nature, but due to his lack of social skills, he can be seen as distant and somewhat cold. He is somewhat impulsive with his actions; he does mean the best when he tries to help others, even at his own expense.
Last edited by Zykes on Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:45 am, edited 17 times in total.
"I look down as I step forward, passing by all those that stare, and hold fear in my heart. I stop and look up, I realize I am not afraid of what others think of me. I am afraid of of what I think of myself."

Staggering Harmony - OC Fanfic
Zykes

Re: Staggering Harmony - OC Character(s) and Art (Updated)

Post by Zykes »

All artwork done by Echo.

Last edited by Zykes on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I look down as I step forward, passing by all those that stare, and hold fear in my heart. I stop and look up, I realize I am not afraid of what others think of me. I am afraid of of what I think of myself."

Zykes

Post by Zykes »

Name: Yamashita, Katsumi
Height: 174 cm/5'7"
Weight: 60 kg/132 lbs
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Violet

Act 1, Scene 1 - Hiroshi and Katsumi

Echo-Lin

Post by Echo-Lin »

its so weird seeing my art online....Dx
Zykes

Post by Zykes »

Echo-Lin wrote:its so weird seeing my art online....Dx
Not really :o

Echo-Lin

Post by Echo-Lin »

Zykes wrote:
Echo-Lin wrote:its so weird seeing my art online....Dx
Not really :o
Yes huh!
Zykes

Post by Zykes »

Act 1, Scene 5 - Hiroshi's vision

Zykes

Re: Staggering Harmony - OCs, Art, and Q&A (Updated 11/23/12

Post by Zykes »

Something as a sort of Holiday release

A sketch comic featuring Hiroshi, Shizune, Misha and Two other OCs

This is pretty old in contrast to my story as the artist wanted to use Hisao's nickname on Hiroshi, but I decided that would be confusing later down the line, so do not mind that on here ^^;

I do apologize for the quality, the scanner isn't the normal one I use.

Zykes

Post by Zykes »

Zykes

Post by Zykes »

Zykes

Post by Zykes »

A quick update to the Character information, to make it a bit less revealing and adjusted some information that was non-sense, haha

Banryu

Re: Staggering Harmony - OCs, Art, and Q&A (Updated 1/28/13)

Post by Banryu »

The fanart is decent for what it is, I'd say.

I'm wary of OCs for something like Katawa Shoujo, though, and am severely tempted to write them off as unnecessary and shoehorned in almost on sight.
Holy shit how do I practically have 50 posts already
Goddammit KS stop consuming my life
I mean it
Zykes

Post by Zykes »

Banryu wrote:The fanart is decent for what it is, I'd say.

I'm wary of OCs for something like Katawa Shoujo, though, and am severely tempted to write them off as unnecessary and shoehorned in almost on sight.
I see a lot of people make OCs from the Design your character thread and maybe give just some information and maybe a picture, and it ends there.

When I created this character, I wanted it to be more than just an idea. I wanted something built around him, make him stand out, even if just a little bit more.

Banryu

Post by Banryu »

Zykes wrote:
Banryu wrote:The fanart is decent for what it is, I'd say.

I see a lot of people make OCs from the Design your character thread and maybe give just some information and maybe a picture, and it ends there.

When I created this character, I wanted it to be more than just an idea. I wanted something built around him, make him stand out, even if just a little bit more.
I see. Well, I certainly wouldn't mind having my impression proven wrong... That's what happened to me with Katawa Shoujo itself after all, haha.

Good luck.
Holy shit how do I practically have 50 posts already
Goddammit KS stop consuming my life
I mean it
Zykes

Post by Zykes »

I figured I might as well start to figure out how to design my own characters

So this at my, unskilled methods, is Hiroshi's look, from what I have envisioned.