Where You Once Belonged (Hisao and Hanako WIP Comic)

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

mysterycycle

Where You Once Belonged (Hisao and Hanako WIP Comic)

Post by mysterycycle »

So here it is, my first attempt at fan-fiction: a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi about Hisao and Hanako, post-Good Ending.

I'm working on the script and the pages in my spare time, so I can't make any promises regarding how long it's going to take me to complete this. However, I'll post each page as I complete it.

In addition to the desire to write KS fanfic, I'm using this project as an excuse to accomplish two things: first, to return to a more manga-like style, something I haven't done since high school; and second, to teach myself to use Manga Studio EX, which I've had for quite a while but never really did much with.

I hope you enjoy it!
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
KiraYamato74

Re: Where You Once Belonged (Hisao and Hanako WIP Comic)

Post by KiraYamato74 »

Very nice! I'm looking forward to seeing more of this as it comes to fruition. I've been meaning to try out Manga Studio EX, too, but I've been too busy to do fun stuff like draw. :( Can't wait to see a good Hanako story!
Ozymil

Post by Ozymil »

Wow, looks great! Here's to hoping that you don't gradually disappear like a lot of the other prospective projects do.
Donnes-moi le chocolat, Hisao! Gib mir die Schokolade, Hisao! Dame el chocolate, Hisao! Dammi il cioccolato, Hisao! Ge mig choklad, Hisao! Giv mig chokolade, Hisao! 私にチョコレートを与える, 久夫! Daj mi czekoladę, Hisao! Geef me de chocola, Hisao! (Thanks for the Dutch ver. Leotrak) Bigyan mo ako ng chocolate, Hisao! Geef mij de chocolade, Hisao! Дайте мне шоколад, Хисао! Dá-me o chocolate, Hisao!
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

What I think would be a nice idea would be a comic book style video fanfic with full voice acting. THATD be impressive to see. Get some people to do voice acting and everything. But the art you posted definetely looks nice. Did you draw it?
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

Ozymil wrote:Wow, looks great! Here's to hoping that you don't gradually disappear like a lot of the other prospective projects do.
Thanks! Sticking to the project has always been a challenge for me, but I think art school helped me to develop a bit more of a work ethic. Having said that, the greatest motivation for me to keep at it is the knowledge that other people here and on DeviantArt will be reading it.
Camoufrage wrote:What I think would be a nice idea would be a comic book style video fanfic with full voice acting. THATD be impressive to see. Get some people to do voice acting and everything. But the art you posted definetely looks nice. Did you draw it?
Yes, I did - I'm doing the whole thing, art and writing.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

mysterycycle wrote:
Camoufrage wrote:What I think would be a nice idea would be a comic book style video fanfic with full voice acting. THATD be impressive to see. Get some people to do voice acting and everything. But the art you posted definetely looks nice. Did you draw it?
Yes, I did - I'm doing the whole thing, art and writing.
One helluva an artist, I must say. Here's to hoping the writings any good :lol:
AlchemistR

Post by AlchemistR »

I'm quite a Hanako fan, so I absolutely cannot wait to read this, it looks like it is gonna be awesome.
I've known of the game since around its official release and have lurked around the forums for a while, but I only just now made an account for the sheer fact that I wanted to reply to this topic.
^-^
Image "This is me...all of me."
Image "He wouldn't wake up...The one time he actually needed me and I wasn't there for him!”

The Suzu quote comes from this.

Hanako>Suzu>Rin>Lilly=Miki=Emi>Misha>Shizune

Snoozu and Miki need routes. As do Kenji and Jigoro. No homo.
Total Destruction

Post by Total Destruction »

HOW DID I MISS THIS

THIS IS DELICIOUS

:D
... Danger.
M4rked0ne

Post by M4rked0ne »

I'm looking forward to read it, looks promising.

I have a little question regarding the time the story starts: Does it hook up directly on the good-ending in the VN or is there a time jump? This matter always makes me curious.^^
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage."

Completed to 100%

Lilly -> Hanako --> Rin = Emi ----> Shizune
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Hot-damn that looks like you could make something nice :D

I use Manga Studio EX myself. It's quite a useful program if you don't need the infinite bells and whistles (and price) of Photoshop!
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
mainframe004

Post by mainframe004 »

W-wow, this looks phenomenal. Looking forward to it!

"We live as we do to show the world what it could be." ~ Machinae Supremacy - Overworld

Paths: Lilly > Hanako > Rin = Emi >>> Shizune
Characters: Hanako > Rin > Shizune > Emi > Lilly
Hongu

Post by Hongu »

Looks interesting I must say. Hanako is a decent character, but I must say that I'm slightly annoyed that she seems to overshadow every other character. I mean, I understand why people love her, but to me she seems a bit...overrated. Give the other girls the attention they deserve! D:
LOL WUT

Post by LOL WUT »

Hongu wrote:Looks interesting I must say. Hanako is a decent character, but I must say that I'm slightly annoyed that she seems to overshadow every other character. I mean, I understand why people love her, but to me she seems a bit...overrated. Give the other girls the attention they deserve! D:
I can see what you are getting at. Although either I suck at searching for things, or I am blind, but I have seen my fair share of fan fics for the girls and I think its a pretty 23%
(Oh Shit! LOL WUT Just went specific on all your asses!)
Now I do understand its a not a evenly spread out percentage but it will do...
I can't take it anymore. I am laughing so hard right now.
I don't know what the Fuck I am talking about!

So remember kids.
Unless I am talking to you about my high school classes, never trust me when precentages are involved!
Xanatos I'm Sorry.
Xanatos wrote: I was totally going to include the leaf. Otherwise it's just a Ken(ji) doll because I can't model cocks from nothing.
Hello! Did I mention that I have a form of Arrythmia?
LOL WUT: I Am Feeling The Urge To Get More Posts Than You By The End Of The Year. May The Best Man Win
Xanatos: Bring it, Clifford.
JOIN US
JTemby

Post by JTemby »

LOL WUT wrote: I don't know what the Fuck I am talking about!
So remember kids.
Never trust me when precentages are involved!
Hahahaha
You are one peculiar person I must say.
LOL WUT

Post by LOL WUT »

JTemby wrote:
LOL WUT wrote: I don't know what the Fuck I am talking about!
So remember kids.
Never trust me when precentages are involved!
Hahahaha
You are one peculiar person I must say.
Xanatos I'm Sorry.
Xanatos wrote: I was totally going to include the leaf. Otherwise it's just a Ken(ji) doll because I can't model cocks from nothing.
Hello! Did I mention that I have a form of Arrythmia?
LOL WUT: I Am Feeling The Urge To Get More Posts Than You By The End Of The Year. May The Best Man Win
Xanatos: Bring it, Clifford.
JOIN US