Hanako Dash - freeware fan game

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Gamera Ramen

Re: Hanako Dash - freeware fan game

Post by Gamera Ramen »

It's where she hides the bodies.
Some sort of dresser, maybe?
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
youka

Post by youka »

Gamera Ramen wrote:It's where she hides the bodies.
Some sort of dresser, maybe?
:mrgreen: ooohh...
Hanako Dash - what REAL MEN do when they're bored: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5547 :D
- -youka
demonix

Post by demonix »

youka wrote:But I have run into another obstacle. I need to model Hanako’s room for the intro scene and I’m totally lost when it comes to the layout :( Throughout the game, I’ve gathered that her room consists of an entrance, beige-coloured carpet, a coffee table with a large cover over it, reaching down to the floor, a window on the side opposite the entrance with two curtains a slightly darker colour compared to the carpets, white walls and a wooden shelf containing her dolls that's placed hell knows where. I’ve even loaded my KS savegame and checked out all the CGs and backgrounds of her room, but it's nearly as if they contradict each other. Here’s what I’ve managed to gather up so far:

The in-game background: Hanako’s room is shown in KS quite a few times (obviously in her route). I’m now speaking of the normal background that shows her bed and the shelving behind it.

CG of her angry face: Yes, the one from that horrible ending. This picture shows about the most detail I'll ever get. From here, I can see the walls, windows, curtains, floor, lighting angle, table and all that is on it. My guesses are that the bed is placed to the left of the curtain with its overhead shelf-thingy.

CG of them on the bed: Now I don't mean THAT scene as all I can see there is the bedding. The one just before it where they're sitting on the corner of the bed, there is a wooden object in the top-left corner of the screen. This is most likely the wooden shelf containing the dolls and so on HOWEVER!!!! The next picture contradicts this....

CG of the shelf itself: Here are two dolls, a book and a jar of stationary sitting on a hanky of sorts. Above are some glass cabinets containing more books and a bowl to the right. Looking at the lighting angle, the light seems to be coming from the left, leading me to believe that the window is situated to the left of the shelf, and the entrance to the room, to the right of the shelf. If it were in fact where I thought it to be in the previous CG, then it would have to be facing the wall, which would be pointless and retarded. Either that, or the window and the door's position are swapped, meaning the window is facing the passage and the door is leading out to the outside of the building from the 2nd floor? Once again, this does not work. The last possibilities are that either the bed is not placed where I think it is, or that the shelf behind the bed is this wooden shelf. But I disagree with the latter, because first off, there would be no gap between the left and side of the shelf and the wall, 2nd, there would be a bed right below it, 3rd, the light would be shining from the right, which totally kills that theory. And the shelf is not placed to the right of the window as the bad end CG shows that there is NOTHING in that corner of the room. Sadly it also shows that there is NOTHING in the only logical place for the shelf to be, unless the shelf is located a little further down and is out of view.

Scar showing CG no. 1: The one showing her back, this is useless, other than to show that the window most likely resides opposite the door.

Scar showing CG no. 2: Uh..... This is most likely no. 1 actually, but who cares. This is the one where Hisao shows hanako his boobs. If anything, this one looks like it was in the tea room and not Hanako’s room. In here there is a table in the middle that seems a little taller than the one shown in the bad end CG. On top of that, there no table cloth either. This one is also somewhat shinier. Next, the windows are half closed by what seems to be blinds (or a large wooden board), which DEFINATELY DO NOT EXIST on her room. There is more than enough evidence to prove this. Also, these windows don't have curtains. There also seems to be an aircon below the window (lol). Lastly, there is a wooden shelf of some sorts in the left corner of the room again, where I had imagined the bed to be. Maybe this scene was originally meant to take place in the tea room, but the devs changed their minds and were too lazy to replace the background and thought, “Hey! Let’s just put this in here and no one will notice! They’ll all be to busy having the feels to care!" I would e guilty of this too as I didn’t notice this either. Next, the lighting doesn't make sense. Look at the window, and look at where the light rays are shining..... HUH?! <-- My reaction XD

Hanako crying on bed CG: This is the one where she’s lying on her bed, sobbing over something I can’t seem to recall right now. I do, however, recall this also being the scene where Hanako is told that Lilly is leaving. In this scene there is ONLY the bed against what clearly seems to be a wall. Judging by my knowledge of beds, I’d say this covers nearly the entire length of that wall, meaning there is no place for anything else there other than the unidentified wooden object (UWO). And since the bed isn’t shown in that much in any of the other CGs, I believe it is located to the left of the entrance (if you’re facing the window).

All other CGs of Hanako’s route doesn’t show enough, sadly.

After all these deductions, I have come to this conclusion:

What do you all make of this mystery? Am I right? And if so, what is that wooden thing in the bottom left of her room supposed to be??? Where is the shelf supposed to be???
You've actually missed out Hanako's act 2 cut scene where she's sitting on her bed, and the light coming in from the window moved across her which would indicate that the bed is on the right side of the room and closer to the door then the window, but then it seems that the cut scene contradicts most of the games CG in relation to Hanako's route since the first CG with Hanako and Hisao on the bed clearly shows another object (most likely a wardrobe) next to it, plus there's mention of a desk in the scene after that (after Hanako comes back with breakfast, Hisao sits on the bed while Hanako uses the desks chair).
I also suspect that the shelf the dolls sit on is the one that you see above the bed, but I'll have to go back to that scene (since I'm on my laptop and I've only complete Hanako's good end on my desktop system) to see if there's any clues.
uwa

Post by uwa »

demonix wrote:[You've actually missed out Hanako's act 2 cut scene where she's sitting on her bed, and the light coming in from the window moved across her which would indicate that the bed is on the right side of the room and closer to the door then the window, but then it seems that the cut scene contradicts most of the games CG in relation to Hanako's route since the first CG with Hanako and Hisao on the bed clearly shows another object (most likely a wardrobe) next to it, plus there's mention of a desk in the scene after that (after Hanako comes back with breakfast, Hisao sits on the bed while Hanako uses the desks chair).
If you're talking about the animated movie, that could be before Hanako came to Yamaku.

I don't have time to look for it now, but one route mentions a sink in one of the girl's rooms, so there would probably be one in Hanako's. It's so obscure that I doubt anyone is going to notice if it's left out, though.

edit: there's one in Lilly's path, "The Day After." It technically doesn't mention a sink, but Hisao fills a glass with water at a counter in Lilly's room.
Last edited by uwa on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emi > Lilly > Misha > Hanako = Rin > Shizune... I might just prefer women who put out a lot.
Mind-stickiness: Hanako > Misha = Shizune > Rin > Emi > Lilly
youka

Post by youka »

Ah! Good point, I totally forgot about that video. What you say could be true and the background it shows normally could be showing from the window's side instead of the door, but that still doesn't explain the CG on the bad end where that side of the room is completely empty.

Background, video, bad end CG (respectively):
ImageImageImage

Either that or for the bad end CG, the bed's behind her and can't be seen. so far this seems to be about the best bet, but the CG of Hanako and Hisao sitting on her bed doesn't show anything other than a wooden thing (which I will assume to be a dresser from now on) and by the looks of it, they're definitely sitting at the bottom of the bed (unless Hisao tossed the pillow, lol :mrgreen: )

As for the whole sink thing, I don’t recall that being in Hanako’s route?
Hanako Dash - what REAL MEN do when they're bored: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5547 :D
- -youka
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

youka wrote:Ah! Good point, I totally forgot about that video. What you say could be true and the background it shows normally could be showing from the window's side instead of the door, but that still doesn't explain the CG on the bad end where that side of the room is completely empty.

Background, video, bad end CG (respectively):

Either that or for the bad end CG, the bed's behind her and can't be seen. so far this seems to be about the best bet, but the CG of Hanako and Hisao sitting on her bed doesn't show anything other than a wooden thing (which I will assume to be a dresser from now on) and by the looks of it, they're definitely sitting at the bottom of the bed (unless Hisao tossed the pillow, lol :mrgreen: )

As for the whole sink thing, I don’t recall that being in Hanako’s route?
Could the thing under the "door this way" arrow be the bed? Or is it the table?

Also the thing under the "no bed?!" arrow is a shade darker than the floor and has a higher "corner," so that could be something. Maybe.
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
youka

Post by youka »

Gamera Ramen wrote:Could the thing under the "door this way" arrow be the bed? Or is it the table?

Also the thing under the "no bed?!" arrow is a shade darker than the floor and has a higher "corner," so that could be something. Maybe.
the first picture shows the table to the left. the 3rd one might have the bed a little lower down so its not visible in the picture, meaning the layout would be something like this:

though if it is something like this, what's in the blank spot? either way, i don't quite agree with this layout
- -youka
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Maybe she can't get comfortable with her room and keeps rearranging the furniture.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry to much about it being 100% accurate, as the scenes in the game tend to contradict each other a bit. I'd rely mainly on the in-game background as the main source, as it's the one seen most often, and use the others just to fill in the blanks and add addition details.
Not Dead Yet
youka

Post by youka »

Oddball wrote:Maybe she can't get comfortable with her room and keeps rearranging the furniture.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry to much about it being 100% accurate, as the scenes in the game tend to contradict each other a bit. I'd rely mainly on the in-game background as the main source, as it's the one seen most often, and use the others just to fill in the blanks and add addition details.
i'm not too worried about 100%, but i want a solid idea to go with since this scene is quite big. i think i'll just think of a solid layout tomorrow using what i got so far and include any feedback from here if i get anymore before then
- -youka
demonix

Post by demonix »

Oddball wrote:Maybe she can't get comfortable with her room and keeps rearranging the furniture.
Or it could be a continuity error.

Also as to how the room looks I think the desk and the dresser that the dolls are on would be next to each other, with the other object that is next to the bed in one of the CG's being a wardrobe (Hisao's description of Hanako's room does mention what is in there).

There's also a sink in there as well, most likely on the left in the corner (there is mention of a sink in her room, but it can easily be missed).
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

Maybe the sink's in the "blank" spot?
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

This game (HD, not KS) strikes me as being rather dreamlike, in which case I'd say the way to go is simply to say all of the shots are correct. The room changes as the game goes on, and the inconsistency is never remarked upon; at every step, Hanako just knows that the layout she's currently experiencing is the correct one. That stands to enhance the trippy, dreamlike effect.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
youka

Post by youka »

demonix wrote:Also as to how the room looks I think the desk and the dresser that the dolls are on would be next to each other, with the other object that is next to the bed in one of the CG's being a wardrobe (Hisao's description of Hanako's room does mention what is in there).

There's also a sink in there as well, most likely on the left in the corner (there is mention of a sink in her room, but it can easily be missed).
I went back and look again, there is mention of a sink but I can’t find mention of the wardrobe at the bottom of the bed, plus the video shows there is nothing at the bottom of the bed. Putting the sink in the left corner is fine, but where do I put the dresser with the dolls? If I don't put it on the right side of the room (which I can't) then the lighting doesn’t match the CG. I’m not too worried about this though, but her room is too small to contain all these things. Another thing I noticed is that he mentioned her glancing at him from her desk every once and again, and all the logical places for the desk to be would require her to turn her head 180+ degrees to see him sitting on the bed.
Gamera Ramen wrote:Maybe the sink's in the "blank" spot?
That’s what I was thinking, though just maybe in the top or bottom corner
Nekken wrote:This game (HD, not KS) strikes me as being rather dreamlike, in which case I'd say the way to go is simply to say all of the shots are correct. The room changes as the game goes on, and the inconsistency is never remarked upon; at every step, Hanako just knows that the layout she's currently experiencing is the correct one. That stands to enhance the trippy, dreamlike effect.
Nice idea and yes, the game does mostly take place in a dream of sorts and is playable in alot of flashbacks too. But this scene takes place after her dream-like experience, meaning it's actually the end of the game, from there she thinks back on the whole experience. This is when the actual gameplay starts (if that makes sense). So in this scene, she is very much awake.

At the end of the day, the layout can be however, it must just somewhat resemble the real thing. But no matter how hard I try, I can’t seem to get a good layout without the room looking either too cluttered, too empty or placing the objects in places that don't match up.

I might just go with the above layout and suggestions, I'll move the window a little more to the middle and place a wardrobe there. On the other side of the window can be the desk (at least there she doesn't have to practically break her neck to "glance" at him). I'll place the sink in the blank spot against the wall in the top corner (like Gamera Ramen mentioned), move the door closer to the bed and the doll shelf can stay on that side, just move a little closer to the sink. Lastly, I'll make the little table a little littler :mrgreen: and place it more in the center of the room. No other dressers/wardrobes/desks will be included. I also think the overall size of the room can be a little wider to avoid the room being too cluttered up with all this stuff. The room gets used quite a few times so the more solid the layout, the better.

Here’s what I have this time, though it just doesn’t seem right:
- -youka
demonix

Post by demonix »

youka wrote:I went back and look again, there is mention of a sink but I can’t find mention of the wardrobe at the bottom of the bed, plus the video shows there is nothing at the bottom of the bed
As I said it's most likely a continuity error since I doubt any bedroom would be slightly over 2 meters from one wall to the other (I used my own bed as a guide plus you'd have to factor in the shelving at the head of the bed), plus if you look in the top left of the CG with Hanako and Hisao sitting on the bed you can see a part of the wardrobe (Hisao describes it as a cupboard, but I prefer to describe it as a wardrobe).
youka

Post by youka »

i'm going to go with the above layout, just move the window more to the center of the wall. i know it will probably not look like any of the CGs, but at least its a solid layout. plus, i need the window there for the cutscene in anycase :D
- -youka