I visited Yamaku High today

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

blackmage62

Re: I visited Yamaku High today

Post by blackmage62 »

oasis789 wrote:This should be one of the things that Brown campus tour guides should mention, like in a 'That's why I chose Brown' music video.
They should, but more likely than not folks would get offended by the idea of KS. All those fake headlines people have been posting about rights groups getting their jimmies rustled might come true.
Palaeologus

Post by Palaeologus »

Thank you. I knew I recognized that building.
ginywiny

Post by ginywiny »

All in all, what is similar in the school that is similar to the game? Are you able to access the roof, and is there also a small town nearby?

Oh this is so exciting. Rhode island isnt too far from quebec :D
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Looking at the roof in the photos, I strongly doubt you can access them ;-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Looking at the roof in the photos, I strongly doubt you can access them ;-)
If you can though, then mark my words... one day I will eat lunch on that roof.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

SpunkySix wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:Looking at the roof in the photos, I strongly doubt you can access them ;-)
If you can though, then mark my words... one day I will eat lunch on that roof.
Looking at the building there, I doubt I can find Hanako's dorm.

If you can though, then mark my words... One day I will find her.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

WHERE IS THE LIBRARY ?
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

Zarys wrote:WHERE IS THE LIBRARY ?
I remember the exact spot Hanako was sitting in in her custcene.

IT'S MINE DAMMIT
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

That is so awesome! I wonder who took Hisao's room in the dorm? That would be a really shocking moment if that person played Katawa Shoujo after moving in!
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Well, Hisao's dorm room doesn't exist at that university, so the answer to that question is Noone.
For one thing, Brown University has about 30 times as many students as Yamaku, so their housing is also quite different.
I think the only pictures in KS that are actually from Brown are the exterior views of the buildings.

griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Well, Hisao's dorm room doesn't exist at that university, so the answer to that question is Noone.
For one thing, Brown University has about 30 times as many students as Yamaku, so their housing is also quite different.
I think the only pictures in KS that are actually from Brown are the exterior views of the buildings.
Awww, That would have been so cool :/. I sometimes think that all the pictures for the school are used from Browning, but it seems I was wrong. I can only hope a rich Katawa Shoujo fan will make a real-life sized Yamaku academy and I can explore to my heart's content. Would that be considered copyright infringement :/ ?
mr.rodas32

Post by mr.rodas32 »

So to anyone who lives near the campus and or the hospital (especially the hospital, since there is the place i need the most) is it possible to ask some photos from them? Ive been working on VN that spin-offs out of KS, but is still in the same world (some years have passed, and it doesnt focus on the KS characters). I't started off as just me writting something for fun, but ive now have coded 1/3 of act 1 on ren'py and have done character design for some characters.

So if anyone has the means to go, could i ask for the help? Im only asking for a few background images of how the 2 places look now, so if u could, pls reply :D
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

mr.rodas32 wrote:So to anyone who lives near the campus and or the hospital (especially the hospital, since there is the place i need the most) is it possible to ask some photos from them? Ive been working on VN that spin-offs out of KS, but is still in the same world (some years have passed, and it doesnt focus on the KS characters). I't started off as just me writting something for fun, but ive now have coded 1/3 of act 1 on ren'py and have done character design for some characters.

So if anyone has the means to go, could i ask for the help? Im only asking for a few background images of how the 2 places look now, so if u could, pls reply :D
You might want to check the license there.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

If he asks someone to go to Brown and take a few photos, how is that violating the licence?

However, I suggest simply going to the website of Brown and see if you can't find a couple dozen photos there.

Edit:
Duh, right I should read more carefully next time^^°
Last edited by Mirage_GSM on Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sore wa himitsu desu.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Mirage_GSM wrote:If he asks someone to go to Brown and take a few photos, how is that violating the licence?
It isn't. It's the fact that he's making a KS spinoff.