I visited Yamaku High today

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

blackmage62

Re: I visited Yamaku High today

Post by blackmage62 »

Ryukrieger wrote:That makes me wonder about something else, the Art club and the track, are they in similar states in Brown?
Far from it! Brown is best known for being head over heels with artsy stuff. The attention given to the arts at Brown is often way out of proportion to the attention given to other sections of the school. We have a little sister of a school down the hill from us, the Rhode Island School of Design, and students from both campuses can take classes at each others' schools.

As for the track team, it's got pretty standard membership for a college track team as far as I can tell. I'm not on the Emi route irl (or at least my Emi doesn't run track) so I'm afraid I've never been to a track meet here :P
Ryukrieger

Post by Ryukrieger »

Ah, that is interesting, so in Brown they really like art, that's nice to hear, and interesting that you have a little sister school as well, I don't think it's common to see that. :D
And yet another question, about the festivals, do you have festivals similar in KS and how do you organize them? I think it'll be interesting to hear.
blackmage62

Post by blackmage62 »

Ryukrieger wrote:Ah, that is interesting, so in Brown they really like art, that's nice to hear, and interesting that you have a little sister school as well, I don't think it's common to see that. :D
And yet another question, about the festivals, do you have festivals similar in KS and how do you organize them? I think it'll be interesting to hear.
So in most American universities we don't have "festivals" in the sense of the ones often seen and done in Japan. However, individual student groups and clubs put on events using their own resources. Depending on the group, these can vary in size and scale dramatically. Some groups, notably the Asian student groups, band together to set up food stalls and have events and shows together. The last one I attended reminded me of the festival in Act 1 of KS. The biggest event by far is the Spring Weekend event, which involves a big outdoor concert among other things. However, this is not romantic in the slightest, and most students use it as an excuse to get high. :)
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

Just wondering, is the Track also on campus because, there is a combination American football/soccer goal in the background.
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
blackmage62

Post by blackmage62 »

bradpara wrote:Just wondering, is the Track also on campus because, there is a combination American football/soccer goal in the background.
Well, we have two tracks on campus, one indoor and one outdoor. The outdoor one is a little ways from campus proper, so it usually takes a long walk or a bus ride to get there. This is what it looks like.
Ry74

Post by Ry74 »

My grandpa went to Brown after he came back from the war, so there was a definite boggle moment. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have approved of his alma mater being used as the backdrop for an eroge, but things happen. :)
blackmage62

Post by blackmage62 »

Ry74 wrote:My grandpa went to Brown after he came back from the war, so there was a definite boggle moment. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have approved of his alma mater being used as the backdrop for an eroge, but things happen. :)
>implying every day at Brown is not an eroge in itself
kaliz8391

Post by kaliz8391 »

I live in Providence, RI where brown is located and the airport in lilly's route is actually RI Hospital
Darkish-One

Post by Darkish-One »

At least I finally figured out where I recognized a couple of the backgrounds from, I should of checked this thread days ago. Now I wanna figure out the rest of them.
blackmage62

Post by blackmage62 »

kaliz8391 wrote:I live in Providence, RI where brown is located and the airport in lilly's route is actually RI Hospital
Given the events of the route that is entirely appropriate :P
Ryukrieger

Post by Ryukrieger »

And just thought up something... can you really draw on the wall at the dorm?
Ryto

Post by Ryto »

...am I completely wrong for wanting to visit here someday? My girlfriend's sister lives up in RI, so I could totally make that a legitimate excuse...
100% Complete.
So here's my ranking:
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>=Emi>Shizune
blackmage62

Post by blackmage62 »

Ryukrieger wrote:And just thought up something... can you really draw on the wall at the dorm?
Facilities are a bunch of uptight assholes on the best of days. You can technically draw on the walls, but you have to repaint the walls the exact shade of white they were to begin with or you get beaten about the head and face with fines, fines, and more fines.
Ryto wrote:...am I completely wrong for wanting to visit here someday? My girlfriend's sister lives up in RI, so I could totally make that a legitimate excuse...
Do visit, it's really a quite nice campus :) But don't enroll here, its not worth the money :P
Darkish-One

Post by Darkish-One »

blackmage62 wrote:Do visit, it's really a quite nice campus :) But don't enroll here, its not worth the money :P
Oh man I should go there and say I want to enroll, since most colleges ask why and what makes you blahblah material.

So if I get "What made you want to enroll in our fine institute?"
I played this game and your college was like there and all, and you can get with disabled chicks and like do it with them! YEAH!

Or if I get "What makes you Brown Material?"
*List my mental disabilities* am I qualified?
oasis789

Post by oasis789 »

This should be one of the things that Brown campus tour guides should mention, like in a 'That's why I chose Brown' music video.