I visited Yamaku High today

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

mr.rodas32

Re: I visited Yamaku High today

Post by mr.rodas32 »

SpunkySix wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:If he asks someone to go to Brown and take a few photos, how is that violating the licence?
It isn't. It's the fact that he's making a KS spinoff.
I've checked a while back, and as i remembered as long as i dont use any assets from the real game im good to go (that's why im trying to get new images of the place, but i live in europe so...). I also dont Intend to make this nothing other than a fan work, and especially wont be selling it so i think im fine. i wont use any character of the main game (maybe hint some stuff idk) just the setting and i wont even use the school setting that much, as my story focuses mostly on the hospital near the airport.

EDIT: Also spin-off might not have been the exact term. Im doing a spiritual sequel (cant find a better term). Same place, but the characters and story are different (at least i hope it wont look like a copy-paste of the main game :S)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

mr.rodas32 wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:If he asks someone to go to Brown and take a few photos, how is that violating the licence?
It isn't. It's the fact that he's making a KS spinoff.
I've checked a while back, and as i remembered as long as i dont use any assets from the real game im good to go (that's why im trying to get new images of the place, but i live in europe so...). I also dont Intend to make this nothing other than a fan work, and especially wont be selling it so i think im fine. i wont use any character of the main game (maybe hint some stuff idk) just the setting and i wont even use the school setting that much, as my story focuses mostly on the hospital near the airport.

EDIT: Also spin-off might not have been the exact term. Im doing a spiritual sequel (cant find a better term). Same place, but the characters and story are different (at least i hope it wont look like a copy-paste of the main game :S)
Okay, that makes more sense then.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

mr.rodas32 wrote:EDIT: Also spin-off might not have been the exact term. Im doing a spiritual sequel (cant find a better term). Same place, but the characters and story are different (at least i hope it wont look like a copy-paste of the main game :S)
Technically, the name "Yamaku" is part of the property...
It sounds like it's far enough removed that they might approve it, but you still should ask them before you ask for submission of assets...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
mr.rodas32

Post by mr.rodas32 »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
mr.rodas32 wrote:EDIT: Also spin-off might not have been the exact term. Im doing a spiritual sequel (cant find a better term). Same place, but the characters and story are different (at least i hope it wont look like a copy-paste of the main game :S)
Technically, the name "Yamaku" is part of the property...
It sounds like it's far enough removed that they might approve it, but you still should ask them before you ask for submission of assets...
Fair enough m8, where i ask? dont think going on aura or delta's tumblr would fit, and other then those types of websites i dont know where to ask, so u have any advice?
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

mr.rodas32 wrote:Ive been working on VN that spin-offs out of KS, but is still in the same world (some years have passed, and it doesnt focus on the KS characters). I't started off as just me writting something for fun, but ive now have coded 1/3 of act 1 on ren'py and have done character design for some characters.
You gon' get cooked, son.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

PM to either Aura or Silentcook here on the Forum should work.

griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
mr.rodas32

Post by mr.rodas32 »

HarvestmanMan wrote:
mr.rodas32 wrote:Ive been working on VN that spin-offs out of KS, but is still in the same world (some years have passed, and it doesnt focus on the KS characters). I't started off as just me writting something for fun, but ive now have coded 1/3 of act 1 on ren'py and have done character design for some characters.
You gon' get cooked, son.
u thinking ima get a big old no? Wouldnt surprise me :/
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Don't ask US. Ask the devs.
They have approved a few projects, and while this might be on the border you won't know until you ask.

Sore wa himitsu desu.
Bluegaze

Post by Bluegaze »

Man, I would give a lot to visit Yamaku :( Even if it is only photos of some university.
But I am not from US so well, that is kind of out of question. Man, I haven't even started college yet and I am already sad it is not Brown :(
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Bluegaze wrote:Man, I would give a lot to visit Yamaku :( Even if it is only photos of some university.
But I am not from US so well, that is kind of out of question. Man, I haven't even started college yet and I am already sad it is not Brown :(
It's okay, I didn't end up at VN Wonderland U either.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"