KS: The Fighting Game

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

The Grey Wolf

Re: KS: The Fighting Game

Post by The Grey Wolf »

I'm want to help contribute somehow, but I don't have any experience with coding, music/SFX, or art :oops:. But if you need an extra pair of hands I'll be more than willing to help :D.
If you can read this you're too close.
Turupawn

Post by Turupawn »

The Grey Wolf wrote:I'm want to help contribute somehow, but I don't have any experience with coding, music/SFX, or art :oops:. But if you need an extra pair of hands I'll be more than willing to help :D.
Cool, I'll send you a PM, we'll find out if there is a way you can contribute.
mattgrubbtv

Post by mattgrubbtv »

I'm willing to help with intros/outros. I can make something in Sony Vegas and After Effects if needed, like an intro while announcing the competitors. Otherwise if you make a website for hosting the game, I can write some stuff in HTML and Javascript.
"Daddy, why doesn't this magnet pick up your hard drive?"
Turupawn

Post by Turupawn »

mattgrubbtv wrote:I'm willing to help with intros/outros. I can make something in Sony Vegas and After Effects if needed, like an intro while announcing the competitors. Otherwise if you make a website for hosting the game, I can write some stuff in HTML and Javascript.
Cool! I'll send you a pm so you can get the information of the project.
Our website is rosalilastudio.com and we're using joomla right now.
sakoi2

Post by sakoi2 »

Just wondering but, how's the development of this game going? i hope it's making good progress ^^
NightlyShore

Post by NightlyShore »

Belive it or not, we're still alive...

Current progress is, Shizune's basic move/ New Yamaku BG are done, Menu/GUI layout designed.
The mainly problem is the game engine currently hard to tweak the animation frame and layout position. furthermore, up to now the game only have VS mode, you will get boring after seeing two Shizune cat fight for few round. (Another big issue is somehow game can't run perfectly under Intel's machine, don't know they fixed it yet or not...)

KSFG (Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game) in fact did redevelope again once, so actually we only work on this one for like 10 month.
But why after 10 month of work and only Shizune be done? because I'm the only one doing the art work right now. Q_Q

Some show case of current progress.
ImageImageImage
(Especially thanks to other artist, before they leave the project, they leave a lot of good key frame animation.)

But like I said, game engine still need tweak, only Shizune playerble in PvP. It's hardly to call it a fun game.

So in the end, we pause the develope of KSFG, developing another game for enhace the game engine. If Turupawn and his friend sucess, the new game engine could be much better; easier to edit the frame time, story mode (with VN style), CG gallery... So yeah, if with story mode, even just a few character could be fun. (everyone can edit their own route)

Sorry guys, you may still have to wait for quite some time to see KSFG released...
Hope when other language translation done, this project could attract more artist around the world.
sakoi2

Post by sakoi2 »

ah, it's good to see some progress on this project ^^
I was hoping this wouldnt die, because it looked promising and the progress being made was pleasing to see.
If it takes a long time, then i'm willing to wait :3

as long as the progress is posted here, that's fine by me! ^^
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

Just keep on trucking, and we'll still be around when you get it done.
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Katawa Combat all of my yes. Take my money if you need it !
Technomancer

Post by Technomancer »

Gamera Ramen wrote:Just keep on trucking, and we'll still be around when you get it done.
This pretty much sums up this forum.

And ask around, I'll bet you can find someone willing to help with the art and stuff. (I would, but they were fresh out of art talent.)
Image "He wouldn't wake up...The one time he actually needed me and I wasn't there for him!”
Image "Then, please accept my first gift to you, Hisao."
I'm not good with words... what am I doing in a fourm...
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Holly crap! This thing is still going? I figured everyone left when no one could decide on what engine to use. I made a very 'mock version' a while back using recolored sprites and using the Mugen Engine as a base. But alas, my computer exploded...literally and I pretty much abandoned the project after that. It's nice to see this thing is still chugging along.
matty_poo

Post by matty_poo »

Snicket wrote:Holly crap! This thing is still going? I figured everyone left when no one could decide on what engine to use. I made a very 'mock version' a while back using recolored sprites and using the Mugen Engine as a base. But alas, my computer exploded...literally and I pretty much abandoned the project after that. It's nice to see this thing is still chugging along.
Same, I signed up both excitedly to discuss and fearful that it was long dead, glad to see I was wrong on the last bit. :D
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Cool, I'll be keeping an eye on this. Looks interesting.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Cool, I'll be keeping an eye on this. Looks interesting.
I second this!
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Unfair

Post by Unfair »

Seems interesting. Looking forward it :3