Katawa Haha

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

RedSavant

Re: Katawa Haha

Post by RedSavant »

Hey, great stuff! I'm glad to see this game has such a vibrant fan community when it's not even out yet. =)

Post by Guest »

Em, excuse the mega-necro-bump, but I just went through all of these and REALLY enjoyed the series, and was wondering if it'll ever get updated again, or if it's been discontinued?
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

I'd found other creative pursuits and diverted my attention to that ShizunEmi fic I wrote. I've had half-finished ideas for other omake chapters, and will gladly PM them to anyone who wants to take the Katawa Haha project. With the release so close, I may be more inspired after I play the full game.
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
nerrdygrrl15

Post by nerrdygrrl15 »

Well, I've read this, and I'd have to say, I'd love to try illustrating. It would be just for fun- a chance, perhaps, to hone my artistic abilities. I'll get started tonight or tomorrow. Don't expect much from a teenaged girl who's only been drawing for a few years, though I will try my best.

I'll start on Hanako's path, as that's the one I'll be taking first, and long haired, shy girls are the best. I have a week before classes resume. Wish me luck :D
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

Happy to see another artist interested in Katawa Haha. I never intended to keep this project to myself. I hope you find the scripts fun to illustrate!
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Pl4t0

Post by Pl4t0 »

Really neat snapshots into what happens after KS, rather well-written. Meta-props to you, good sir.
GG Crono

Post by GG Crono »

Man, has it really been two years? Amazing. This community has sure been through a lot, huh?

And these are still as good a read as they were two years ago. :D
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

It's nice how they all fit okay with the canon now that it's released...
uwa

Post by uwa »

Goldilurks wrote:It's nice how they all fit okay with the canon now that it's released...
Yes, I came to this linked off your sig, and it took a while to notice how old it was. It all still works amazingly well (except maybe for referring to Shizune as tsundere).

Oh yeah, and pregnant Hanako with her daughter... HHNNGGG
Emi > Lilly > Misha > Hanako = Rin > Shizune... I might just prefer women who put out a lot.
Mind-stickiness: Hanako > Misha = Shizune > Rin > Emi > Lilly
El Jay

Post by El Jay »

Well this thread brings back some memories. Even though I kinda feel like a goof for never finishing what I started to do. :( Kinda feel like I owe an apology or an explaination, however short it would be.

To put it short, I found myself realizing that I couldn't handle doing 'anime' drawings, I was right in the middle of transistioning from being trapped in that style to discovering my own and myself, more importantly. Every now and then though, I'd keep looking back at this and wondering how things would be now if I'd have just carried on at least a bit longer. Either way though, these stories are still a great deal of fun to see, and they did help me improve as an artist. Maybe some day, there'll actually be some finished art for them. That'd be a nice thing to see.
GOD DAMNIT, KENJI. -written sometime around 09-10-

Years later I now can't help but laugh my ass off around that blind sap.
elchicoloco

Post by elchicoloco »

Ive got to correct one thing on Hanako's chapter page 3 would have to be about something else cause there are no grandparents. They died in the fire. Thats why Hanako was at the orfanage.
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

El Jay: Hey, stuff happens. I'm glad to hear your art is progressing, even if it's in a direction away from this project. The Katawa Haha scripts will be available to anyone who wants to put them down.

elchicoloco: Paternal grandparents. I'm assuming Hanako didn't wed a fellow orphan.
Wesley15789

Post by Wesley15789 »

Good idea, I thought in working on something similar (the characters in adult way) specially shizune, which I have an idea for. When I've ended my actual projects (KS+TF2) I'll take a look and see if I can do something.