Spanish translation of the main website

We are not actively looking for more staff at the moment.
Pato2747

Spanish translation of the main website

Post by Pato2747 »

Well, first of all, hello everybody, first post and all. I first heard of Katawa Shoujo quite a while ago, when it was still an idea in progress. After my reappearance on the Internets I realized that it evolved into an actual developing game, and here I am.

Anyways, this is my grain of sand: The Katawa Shoujo main website translated in Neutral Spanish (Or simply Spanish). It's been proofread twice so is very unlikely that the translation has errors. One note though, is that I haven't translated the names of the songs mainly due to 1: They lose the original names and 2: Translations are nearly impossible and lose the wordplay in the original name.

Anyways, with this made, I'm also offering myself to do a Spanish translation of the game, once it's released in the future.
Attachments
Bemásolt_adat_997e.txt
Spanish Translation of katawa-shoujo.com. Disregard filename.
(19.35 KiB) Downloaded 775 times
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Re: Spanish translation of the main website

Post by cpl_crud »

The website should be easy enough; as soon as Delta sees this I'm sure he'll sort that out.

As for the game itself we will probaby have to talk in more detail; I advise that you join our IRC channel (#katawa-shoujo on irc.irchighway.net) or PM myself and we can discuss how to procede with the translation.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Kapisketo

Post by Kapisketo »

Hi, I'm also interested I'm doing a translation to Spanish.
I'm native Spanish from Spain, my experience as translator comes from fansubing and I also do proofreading. My English is only good at reading, so please don't look how I'm writing this :(
I know it's a BIG and HARD work, so I can't say that I will do that in a few days (only the demo seems to be work for months), but I would like to help with It.
Maybe is not a good way to show that I like team-working but I thing that the translation of the website did by Pato2747 isn't good. I'll explain, it's a literal translation without adapting it, too much literal, it's like a google translation. It's true that at a least he didn't made any misspelling (or at least in a quick watch) wich a think it's good. I should add that he's not from Spain, I know that because only spanish talkers from Center/South America talk about a "Neutral Spanish".
I'm certanly sure that I can do a high quality translation, but also I think that a help from some people from another Spanish-talking countries because I could use some set phrases that maybe they wouldn't know (it's is the most important change from Spanish from differents countries)

If you want, you can test me.
Also if you don't believe me you can use his translation of the website and do a poll for Spanish people to ask is they think it's well done. (I'll try to send my own version in a few days)

PS: I'm going to try to be in the IRC from now on with the nick of Kapisketo, so if you want to say me anything and you see me there I'll reply you ;)

To Pato2747: Bueno, si leíste lo de arriba posiblemente me estés odiando, pero no he dicho nada que no sea cierto. Lo del español neutro es algo muy típico de los del centro y sur de américa, lo que hacéis es utilizar un idioma muy frio e impersonal lo que quizás esté bien para escribir un curriculum, pero para una traducción es algo que queda muy mal. Ya puestos por curiosidad personal me gustaría saber si estás metido en el fansubeo y en que grupo estás. Por cierto, no confundas el que diga que tu traducción es fria y literal, es decir, mala, con que tu ayuda no sea útil, al menos por lo que he visto de tu traducción de la web no cometes faltas de ortografía a toneladas tal como hacen muchos compatriotas tuyos (lo siento, pero es cierto, por lo normal suelen tener una ortografía nefasta), así que para corrección del texto me parece que puedes hacerlo correctamente, además he de reconocer que la ayuda de personas de distintos países puede ser útil a la hora de eliminar frases hechas que no sean comunes en todas partes. Si quieres hablar conmigo personalmente me puedes encontrar por el IRC ;) (yo suelo conectar por las mañanas y por la tarde-noche de aquí, ten en cuenta el cambio horario ;) )
Pato2747

Post by Pato2747 »

Kapisketo wrote:Hi, I'm also interested I'm doing a translation to Spanish.
I'm native Spanish from Spain, my experience as translator comes from fansubing and I also do proofreading. My English is only good at reading, so please don't look how I'm writing this :(
I know it's a BIG and HARD work, so I can't say that I will do that in a few days (only the demo seems to be work for months), but I would like to help with It.
Maybe is not a good way to show that I like team-working but I thing that the translation of the website did by Pato2747 isn't good. I'll explain, it's a literal translation without adapting it, too much literal, it's like a google translation. It's true that at a least he didn't made any misspelling (or at least in a quick watch) wich a think it's good. I should add that he's not from Spain, I know that because only spanish talkers from Center/South America talk about a "Neutral Spanish".
I'm certanly sure that I can do a high quality translation, but also I think that a help from some people from another Spanish-talking countries because I could use some set phrases that maybe they wouldn't know (it's is the most important change from Spanish from differents countries)

If you want, you can test me.
Also if you don't believe me you can use his translation of the website and do a poll for Spanish people to ask is they think it's well done. (I'll try to send my own version in a few days)

PS: I'm going to try to be in the IRC from now on with the nick of Kapisketo, so if you want to say me anything and you see me there I'll reply you ;)

To Pato2747: Bueno, si leíste lo de arriba posiblemente me estés odiando, pero no he dicho nada que no sea cierto. Lo del español neutro es algo muy típico de los del centro y sur de américa, lo que hacéis es utilizar un idioma muy frio e impersonal lo que quizás esté bien para escribir un curriculum, pero para una traducción es algo que queda muy mal. Ya puestos por curiosidad personal me gustaría saber si estás metido en el fansubeo y en que grupo estás. Por cierto, no confundas el que diga que tu traducción es fria y literal, es decir, mala, con que tu ayuda no sea útil, al menos por lo que he visto de tu traducción de la web no cometes faltas de ortografía a toneladas tal como hacen muchos compatriotas tuyos (lo siento, pero es cierto, por lo normal suelen tener una ortografía nefasta), así que para corrección del texto me parece que puedes hacerlo correctamente, además he de reconocer que la ayuda de personas de distintos países puede ser útil a la hora de eliminar frases hechas que no sean comunes en todas partes. Si quieres hablar conmigo personalmente me puedes encontrar por el IRC ;) (yo suelo conectar por las mañanas y por la tarde-noche de aquí, ten en cuenta el cambio horario ;) )
Allow me to speak in spanish here for a second:

Son opiniones personales de cada uno, calculo. Si te parece una traducción fría probablemente lo sea, pero tenemos que considerar que provenimos de dos culturas diferentes, donde la mía se sesgó demasiado hasta tener una semántica propia. Si realmente encuentras una falla importante a mi traducción apreciaría mucho que la dijeras. Si te parece podríamos trabajar juntos en el futuro, cada uno haciendo una parte y proofreadeando (?) la del otro. Hay que considerar que traducir un sitio web tiene muy poco en común que ver con el fansubbing.

Anyways, since Act 1 is up and running, I might as well offer myself (again) to do the translation.
Yuyucow

Post by Yuyucow »

As a native Spanish speaker I must agree with what Kapisketo said. I was browsing the website and looked at the spanish translation out of curiosity and I wasn't pleased with the outcome. It's not a bad translation because the proofreading is perfect, but it gives you a strange feeling, as if it was done with babelfish. As for me I don't really care about the spanish translation of the site and the game, but I'm sure that a lot of non english speakers will gladly play it if it's good. That's why I think it should be redone, because this project deserves a better translation.

Pato2747: No quiero que pienses que he venido a quejarme de tu trabajo, me parece genial que quieras darle la posibilidad de jugar a todos los que no sean fluidos, o simplemente no tengan ni idea, con el inglés. Pero la verdad es que no me ha gustado demasiado la traducción. Me da igual la procedencia del traductor porque tengo muchos amigos latinoamericanos y estoy absolutamente acostumbrado a leerlos, pero este caso lo que me ha molestado es que parece hecho por un robot. Has intentado hacer algo que le gustase a todo el mundo y te has cargado la traducción, porque el resultado es soso, frío y artificial.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

I've made a pseudo-reply to this topic, so to save repeating myself, here is the link:

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?p=7250#p7250
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money