Spanish Translation *In Progress*

We are not actively looking for more staff at the moment.
ukshadow

Spanish Translation *In Progress*

Post by ukshadow »

Give or take 1 day. Bumping myself against a wall because I can't find witty enough quotes for the girls in the opening page.
Miquel

Re: Spanish Translation *In Progress*

Post by Miquel »

Hello!

I am Spanish (from Barcelona) and I would like to help with the Spanish translation. Moreover, I have a degree in English and Spanish Philology. I would like to help with the Spanish translation.

I don't have much free time but I'd like to help with this excellent project.

If you want to get in touch with me, I'll leave my email here

miquelangel.fuentes (at) gmail .com

Best regards.
Nack

Post by Nack »

Hello, I'm Nicolas, I'm from Argentina and I'd like to help with the spanish translation as well. I have taken the First certificate exam on english and I am currently studying to become a public translator so helping with the translation of this project has been on my mind since I learned of it's existence.

I'm not that busy with my studies so I'm fully at your disposal for the time being.

My email is nicko02ra@hotmail.com, my steam profile (in case you want to contact me using steam for some reason) is http://steamcommunity.com/id/nack210

Thanks in advance, best regards.
naeght

Post by naeght »

Hi, im matias, and im from Argentina too. I have 7seven years of english studies. I have experience translating manga from english, but always script-like, so i wouldnt be able to help with all the technical stuff.
Pato2747

Post by Pato2747 »

Again, allow me to speak in spanish for one moment here:

Les comento que ya estamos trabajando en una traducción al español para el juego. El sitio web sufrirá una revisión masiva ya que por ciertos motivos lo traduje como si lo hubiera pasado por Babelfish. Por ahora tengo que corroborar con el resto del grupo establecido a ver si podemos meter más gente, pero por ahora no les puedo tirar nada concreto.
Nack

Post by Nack »

Allow me a minute too:

Bueno, gracias por avisar. De veras me gustaría participar en esto, asi que si logran abrir otro cupo en el equipo, avisen.
SpainJ

Post by SpainJ »

My name is Joan
I am from Mexico.
I'd like to help translating this to spanish. My e-mail is joan_ivan@hotmail.com
I can't really say I have experience at this but I've been translating Megatokyo's (a webcomic/manga) strips to spanish for a month or two.
Himie

Post by Himie »

hello i'm from mexico i would also like to join the spanish translation

como muchos saben el español es diferente de mexico a españa, argentina y varios otros asi que propongo hacer uno por region

email: himie.las@gmail.com
Nack

Post by Nack »

To be honest, I'd rather have 1 version in "neutral" spanish.

I mean, the characters in this game are japanese, why would they use regional words from mexico, argentina, spain, etc.? I'd rather stick with 1 version only.
DeathPhoenyx

Post by DeathPhoenyx »

hi there! Raúl (a.k.a. DeathPhoenyx) from Spain reporting in

I came across this game a while ago and I'm happy to see that there is already a project to translate the game to Spanish because because I was thinking about offering myself to translate it. I can't say that I have such a high level of English knowledge as Miquel but the following year I'll finish my studies in the EOI, an advanced language school that when finished provides you with an almost native level of English, so I think I can help. Talking about the translation itself, Himie proposed making several translations because there are several differences in the way the people of the different countries of South America and Spaniards ourselves talk and the words and expressions we use, however making that much of translatios whould be a lot of work, so the idea of a "neutral" translation is the best choice, in my oppion. By the way, I hope tha by "neutral" Spanish you don't mean the "neutral" Spanish voice actors in South America invented, it was an awful piece of crap that didn't convinced South Americans nor Spaniards, it just sounds horrible to everyone.

Well, I think that's pretty much it, I hope this project end up being successful, even if I don't manage to work on it.
Nack

Post by Nack »

I'm talking about spanish without particular spaniard/south american words (gilipollas, boludo, are some examples)
Himie

Post by Himie »

Nack wrote:I'm talking about spanish without particular spaniard/south american words (gilipollas, boludo, are some examples)
I knew someone would come up with something better ;)
Neutral spanish seems ok
DeathPhoenyx

Post by DeathPhoenyx »

actually , so I don't think there will be a lot of trouble with each zone's expressions, mainly becouse they are very colloquial and most of the charracters speak very politely and the languaje used in the game is mostly highbrow

supressing each zone's colloquial expressions sounds like a good idea (one of the main flaws of the "neutral" spanish I was talking of is that it includes expressions and sintactic structures from all the countries but mixed all together), and also I think it can be accomplished that way becouse each zone's expressions use to be very colloquial and most of the charracters speak very politely and the languaje used in the game is mostly highbrow; also having a team full of people fron different Spanish speaking countries can help in making a translation understandable to everyone.

Anyways, I think I speak too much about the project without being involved in it :D
SpainJ

Post by SpainJ »

I agree at using neutral spanish, but what about swears?
I am almost sure that "goddamnit" has it's own translation in every country.
If I remember well in the Act 1 there are only 2 or 3 swears (ok I actually don't remember the whole thing but I am pretty sure that I saw a "goddamit").
Hopefully this won't matter that much in the final version.

¿Español neutral sería simplemente español sin regionalismos verdad?
Himie

Post by Himie »

SpainJ wrote:I agree at using neutral spanish, but what about swears?
I am almost sure that "goddamnit" has it's own translation in every country.
If I remember well in the Act 1 there are only 2 or 3 swears (ok I actually don't remember the whole thing but I am pretty sure that I saw a "goddamit").
Hopefully this won't matter that much in the final version.

¿Español neutral sería simplemente español sin regionalismos verdad?
i think there is a "neutral" swear for goddammit and others are different per region meaning the same thing but we can all (or official translator) decide in 1 thing