Why does shizune hate lily?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

nickoyoona

Why does shizune hate lily?

Post by nickoyoona »

just wondering why shizune hate lily.. cuz im tired of finishing shizune's route.. because i dont like her attitude XP... im more like lily fanboy :D
dewelar

Re: Why does shizune hate lily?

Post by dewelar »

I don't think Shizune hates Lilly so much as she sees her as a rival, and therefore somebody to compete against. If anything, I think Lilly's opinion of Shizune is worse than the other way around. Their opinions on a lot of things differ widely, leading to a lot of arguments, but I don't think it rises to the level of hatred. If you've seen the ending of Lilly's route, I think you'll see what I mean.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Not ony that, but they've never really had a chance to talk one-to-one.
Consdering Lilly usually only communicates verbally, and Shizune can only communicate visually, they don't have many options when it comes to those two communicating directly. Unless they both learn Morse Code or Braille, they're essentially in two separate worlds.
No doubt that just exasperates things between them.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

I think their disabilities have nothing do with it, they are upset against each other because of the influence of the family conflict (Lilly is more influenced by her parents than Akira, Shizune is certainly very dependent of the opinion of his father too) and the conflit they had on their own about the Student Council.
But it's clear they don't hates each other.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

nickoyoona wrote:just wondering why shizune hate lily.. cuz im tired of finishing shizune's route.. because i dont like her attitude XP... im more like lily fanboy :D
A) Finish the route, ya scrub. :P

B) Lilly wouldn't let her be Student Council Hitler. They don't hate each other, they just don't like each other much.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

And the familial conflict certainly don't help.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

Really. Finish the whole VN. You get bits and pieces throughout the different routes.

Fundamentally, they are two alpha females with really different leadership styles, and neither will bend to the other.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Lilly is more content with simply enjoying things as they are while Shizune sees that kind of view point as being lazy.

Shizune feels people need to work hard to accomplish things and prove themselves, while Lilly feels that the hard work is often unnecessary.

The fact that Shizune actively pushes Lilly and makes her made just so she'll do something doesn't help things. I'm betting the fact that Lilly actually seems to be rather popular as opposed to Shizune doesn't help either.
Not Dead Yet
nickoyoona

Post by nickoyoona »

OK ok... Thank you GUYS <3
BMFJack

Post by BMFJack »

I was under the impression that they got along really well until their second year at Yamaku, when there was some kind of "incident" that is never talked about in the VN.

They can communicate well enough through an interpreter, but failing that (and considering Lilly's ability with languages) Lilly could learn (If she doesn't already know) sign language to communicate with Shizune directly. There are methods for blind people to "see" sign language with their hands. (I learned American Sign Language when I was in high school)

Honestly I think it was just something the devs decided on because it made for a more interesting story, so there really isn't a reason.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

BMFJack wrote:
They can communicate well enough through an interpreter, but failing that (and considering Lilly's ability with languages) Lilly could learn (If she doesn't already know) sign language to communicate with Shizune directly. There are methods for blind people to "see" sign language with their hands. (I learned American Sign Language when I was in high school)
There's a good piece of fanart showing Shizune using tactile to talk to Lilly (Lilly appears shocked by what she's being told)

I was hopeless at the "holding the signer's wrists" method when I tried it.

EDIT: Here's the image! Aaaaand... now it's my avatar too.

griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

metalangel wrote:[img]Confession_of_Shizune_to_Lilly[/img]
That was used as the inspiration for a fanfic before the release of the full game.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

I find that not only a very fucking adorable image, but also a stark reminder about how shit it must be to be Deafblind
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Atario

Post by Atario »

metalangel wrote:There's a good piece of fanart showing Shizune using tactile to talk to Lilly (Lilly appears shocked by what she's being told)
Are we sure that's what's being depicted? Shizune seems to be lazily playing with Lilly's palm (in a yuri sort of way, thus the shock), to me. Of course that could just be wishful thinking! :mrgreen: But I was definitely under the impression that touch signing required both hands to be engaged…
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
FelOnyx

Post by FelOnyx »

Atario wrote:
metalangel wrote:There's a good piece of fanart showing Shizune using tactile to talk to Lilly (Lilly appears shocked by what she's being told)
Are we sure that's what's being depicted? Shizune seems to be lazily playing with Lilly's palm (in a yuri sort of way, thus the shock), to me. Of course that could just be wishful thinking! :mrgreen: But I was definitely under the impression that touch signing required both hands to be engaged…
Why not both? Or something between the two, at least. Given the blushing, it's clearly something yuri, but I've always thought that it was a love confession or something of the sort through tactile signing. Any inconsistencies with how tactile signing actually works can be chalked up to artistic licence/ignorance.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.