So, what's wrong with me? (Emi & Hanako route spoilers)

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Valjean Lafitte

Re: So, what's wrong with me? (Emi & Hanako route spoilers)

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

CoffeeDrive wrote:Never not trust lilly.

And Rin's choices are either easy, or make no difference to the story.
You just have to understand what the heck shes on about before the choices appear.
That's the thing though. Assuming it's your first run through the route, you're still struggling to understand Rin, and you don't want to consult a walkthrough, how can you possibly know whether a question like this will make a difference to the story?

The answer is not obvious, at least at that point of the story.
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
FBOF

Post by FBOF »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote:*snip*
*snip*
I'm eager to play Rin's story as it's the only one I haven't completed yet and I'm pleasantly suprised by this example. The choice(s) seem far more thought-provoking than they were in other story-lines. If only I can struggle through Act 1 now to begin Rin's romance as the walkthrough seems confusing as all hell in getting there. ^^"
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

You just have to understand what the heck shes on about before the choices appear.
Over the last school year, I've slowly turned into Rin when I'm alone. I think for a lot of the story I understood Rin to a certain degree, and that made some of the choices easier. But none of them make NO difference, it is just very small or mostly imperceptible without script comparisons. Each answer to a choice that isn't immediately good end/bad end affects your options in a later conversation which IS good end/ bad end.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
Valjean Lafitte

FBOF wrote:
Valjean Lafitte wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote:*snip*
*snip*
I'm eager to play Rin's story as it's the only one I haven't completed yet and I'm pleasantly suprised by this example. The choice(s) seem far more thought-provoking than they were in other story-lines.
Oh they are. I just hope you manage better than I did to avoid reading or seeing any major spoilers. I learned the hard way that 1) Rin's route is one of, if the not the most talked-about, and 2) since KS has been out since 2012, most people don't feel inclined to use the spoiler tag..

If only I can struggle through Act 1 now to begin Rin's romance as the walkthrough seems confusing as all hell in getting there. ^^"
I tried to figure it out without using a walkthrough, but I had to peek on on one or two ocassions. By far the hardest route to get, but it's worth it. :)

Edit: Please don't listen to anyone saying that the choices make you make yield small or imperceptible differences, because if you play with that mindset it'll be hard to take each question as seriously as I'm sure the writer intended. The fact is, you (FBOF) don't know which ones will have an impact on the ending, so treat each one as if it will and the storyline will be all the more immersive for it.
"Everything."
FBOF

Post by FBOF »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:*snip*
Much appreciate the advice. Gotta admit, every choice given in the game has been fueled by my own emotions & thoughts (For exampe: I had a hard time starting Shizune's route since I personally felt during the "Cold War"-scene that Shizune was scolding Lilly too hard and thus backed Lilly each time until I wanted to explore Shizune's route and hence was forced to side with her. The aftermath stung quite hard hence I'm never picking that latter option again. :P). From what I've seen: even the tiniest of choices have an impact, no matter how small, so I consider them all important (Exampe: Emi will react slightly different if you choose to go have lunch with Shizune & Misha or Hanako & Lilly when she bumps into you. Same goes for her dialogue at the track shortly there-after). Nevertheless, the input is always appreciated.

I will probably blaze through ACT 1 on auto-pilot with a walkthrough in hand though until I reach Rin ACT 2. I've played ACT 1 a few times now without aid and each time ended with either Emi, Lilly or Hanako and I can agree with that sentiment for those 3 feel the most natural to my own personality. Regardless, the completionist in me hungers! :P I wonder what abstract thoughts she'll put into a relationship with Hisao... Bet a lot of experimentation since she's an artist (drugs, sex, strange fetishes even? Her train of thought wouldn't dissuade those I reckon).
Last edited by FBOF on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valjean Lafitte

FBOF wrote:I wonder what abstract thoughts she'll put into a relationship with Hisao... Bet a lot of experimentation since she's an artist (drugs, sex, strange fetishes even? Her train of thought wouldn't disway those I reckon).
My lips are sealed. :)

Enjoy the route! It's currently tied with Hanako's and Lilly's as my favorite.
"Everything."
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:

That's the thing though. Assuming it's your first run through the route, you're still struggling to understand Rin, and you don't want to consult a walkthrough, how can you possibly know whether a question like this will make a difference to the story?

The answer is not obvious, at least at that point of the story.
Was to me. I understood Rin pretty quickly.

It's support because the entire route has been hinting that understanding someone is not necessarily required.
However, the one you pick makes no differnce to getting the good end, but support makes it easier.
Last edited by Silentcook on Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't quote images that were just posted, people...
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Atario

Post by Atario »

FBOF wrote:disway
I'm sitting here trying to puzzle out what this word was supposed to be
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Atario wrote:
FBOF wrote:disway
I'm sitting here trying to puzzle out what this word was supposed to be
Dissuade?
Atario

Post by Atario »

Charmant wrote:Dissuade?
I tried that, but it implies that sex, drugs, etc., have volition that can be discouraged. Hmmmm…
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote