The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

bhtooefr

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by bhtooefr »

If we're going for infidelity headcanons, mine is that Hanako and Iwanako are half-sisters. Hanako's father was seduced by Iwanako's mother while his wife was several months pregnant with Hanako.

This isn't full-on headcanon level, because H29 - Future trumps it, but Hanako's father successfully hid Iwanako's existence from his wife... for almost eight years. Then, his wife was filing their taxes (which she had to do because she ran a business as a freelance architect, which is H29 - Future headcanon), which would've been in February 1997, and noticed a discrepancy in their accounts. Turns out, Hanako's father had been paying Iwanako's mother. Fight ensues, fire starts, Hanako's the only survivor.

(My actual headcanon about the fire is from H29 - Future, though.)
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
brythain

Post by brythain »

All those funny paternity/maternity problems... 'After the Dream' headcanon has some notorious examples.

One of them is that Natsume's stepfather is actually the consigliere of one of the Families — and Hanako's secret protector, who rescued her from the fire because she is his late sister's daughter.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Speaking of the Mafia, I also had another train of thought whereby Hanako's grandfather had a brother who was a yakuza, That's why Hanako had no other close relatives.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
brythain

Post by brythain »

YZQ wrote:Speaking of the Mafia, I also had another train of thought whereby Hanako's grandfather had a brother who was a yakuza, That's why Hanako had no other close relatives.
Ah, but I wasn't speaking of the Mafia, nor the yakuza... however, yours is close to the reason why Hanako visits her parents' grave alone and doesn't let anyone go with her.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
NekoDude

Post by NekoDude »

bhtooefr wrote:If we're going for infidelity headcanons, mine is that Hanako and Iwanako are half-sisters. Hanako's father was seduced by Iwanako's mother while his wife was several months pregnant with Hanako.
Funny thing though, my thought that Lilly isn't his daughter at all makes Hiroyuki a misunderstood character, not the asshat Akira paints him to be. Despite her origins, he treats her no differently from Akira, aside for the obvious necessities of her disability. The reason he and Karla left is because of Karla's inability to deal with the situation, not his. Every time she saw Lilly, she was reminded of her transgression almost two decades before, plunging her back into another spiral of depression, and usually deeper into the bottle. They left because he thought he might be able to get her back on track. So far, he mostly has. He chose to let Akira blame and hate him, rather than risking her hating Lilly if she were told the truth. He's not a dick at all, but accepts being portrayed as one if necessary to keep the situation stable.

TL;DR - Hiroyuki made the incredibly difficult choice to abandon the girls to save his wife/their mother.
Art is never finished, only abandoned.
Nekonomicon thread and downloads
White Mice music!
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

To add onto mine, Hanako's birth mother was Hiroyuki's secretary. The affair had been going on since shortly after she got her job, but Lily's conception and Akira's troubles at school was piling on the pressure for the couple. Xmas Day '88 was when Hanako and her twin sister was conceived (Hiro made up an excuse to leave the house, and a few drinks at night can do a number on your senses). As the belly grew bigger, Hanako's mom confronted the father, but Hiro's father effectively blackmailed her: Medical fees for the delivery and care of the twins for the first 3 years would be covered by the Satous, but the twins must be separated (one given up for adoption) and never be told who their father is. Otherwise, life would be made into a living hell for Hanako's mom.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Hachisame ate Miki's arm by accident, and any other story she tells is just a cover-up.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Atario

Post by Atario »

A lot of you people are much bigger fans of spectacular coincidence than I am!
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Atario wrote:A lot of you people are much bigger fans of spectacular coincidence than I am!
Life can be stranger than fiction. Consider the fact that throughout his military career, George Washington has never been shot by a bullet or arrow, while his clothing has holes from bullets.

Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

Atario wrote:A lot of you people are much bigger fans of spectacular coincidence than I am!
Dickens.

Just saying.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

YZQ wrote:
Life can be stranger than fiction. Consider the fact that throughout his military career, George Washington has never been shot by a bullet or arrow, while his clothing has holes from bullets.
He was also a horribly incompetent commander. The only reason we hung on as long as we did for France to show up was that Washington retreated faster than the British could advance :lol:

Headcannon: Lilly's family is involved in international trade law. It's an extremely lucrative business, explains why Akira is working so hard, and the fluidity of going back and forth between countries with little to no notice.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Eurobeatjester wrote:
YZQ wrote:
He was also a horribly incompetent commander. The only reason we hung on as long as we did for France to show up was that Washington retreated faster than the British could advance :lol:

Headcannon: Lilly's family is involved in international trade law. It's an extremely lucrative business, explains why Akira is working so hard, and the fluidity of going back and forth between countries with little to no notice.
Yeah, he was no Napoleon, but his contributions were to have/appoint leaders who were more competent than he was, and his decline of power helped set the tone for a new nation.

As historian John Shy puts it, by 1783 Washington was "a mediocre military strategist but had become a master political tactician with an almost perfect sense of timing and a developed capacity to exploit his charismatic reputation, using people who thought they were using him"

FelOnyx

Post by FelOnyx »

YZQ wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote: He was also a horribly incompetent commander. The only reason we hung on as long as we did for France to show up was that Washington retreated faster than the British could advance :lol:

Yeah, he was no Napoleon, but his contributions were to have/appoint leaders who were more competent than he was, and his decline of power helped set the tone for a new nation.

As historian John Shy puts it, by 1783 Washington was "a mediocre military strategist but had become a master political tactician with an almost perfect sense of timing and a developed capacity to exploit his charismatic reputation, using people who thought they were using him"
Yeah, you do have to give the guy a lot of credit, he did some really important stuff. But as for his actual military command, Washington's greatest victory was when he attacked a bunch of drunk Germans in their sleep on Christmas Day.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Which the Germans were warned about, but chose to ignore, may I add. To steer back to the topic: Lily's ancestors from the Scottish side both fought for the British AND the Americans during the Revolutionary War.

Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Miki wasn't disabled when she first came to Yamaku. Her parents were just weird gross bigots who considered her tomboyish ways some sort of defect so they dropped her off. While the staff was busy trying to get hold of them and sort things out, Hachisame slithered past and got hungry...And that, kids, is how I met your mothe-...How Miki lost her hand, sorry.