The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Zarys

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Zarys »

Eurobeatjester wrote:My headcannon is that the few normal students with no disabilities that go to Yamaku experience the same sense of shunning, stigma, and exclusion that disabled students would receive in normal schools.
Yamaku's students are probably not really less jerkish than students from an regular school, there are still conflicts,ect...
But I don't think there would be a special resentment towards non-disabled students, all known teachers and members of the personnal aren't disabled and hearing people who have a serious interest in sign language are appreciated by deaf people, (whose life would be many much simpler if everyone knew sign language) and interpret are very usefull for them....sooo I think they are only very few deaf who would dislike Misha for being a normal who wants to be a sign language interpret. (But I suposse deaf have their lot of irationnal jerks like any other groupe)
And generaly, it's really not the kind of toughts most disabled people had. (if a certain resentment toward the society or how they are treated by many people)
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Zarys wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:My headcannon is that the few normal students with no disabilities that go to Yamaku experience the same sense of shunning, stigma, and exclusion that disabled students would receive in normal schools.
Yamaku's students are probably not really less jerkish than students from an regular school, there are still conflicts,ect...
This is something I feel is rarely touched upon.
My headcanon is that one of Yamaku's mottos is "A disabled Teenager is still a Teenager", or something to that nature, and it's true. A mentally healthy teenager, regardless of physical impairments, is still going to be a teenager.
There's a guy at my local nightclub in a wheelchair who regularly comes down and gets wankered and dances. It's fucking great.

On that tangent, you're still going to haveall the cliché teenagers. The druggies, the nerds, the popular kids... And the bullies.
I don't think Hanako's bullying, for example, finished upon joining Yamaku.

Sure, someone may have only one functioning leg, but a dickhead is always a dickhead. I draw upon this this in my up-and-coming chapter, although the students generally have a closer bond, due to them all being cripples, some obviously are a little harsher than others.

A rumour is a rumour, regardless of who says it.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Looking forward to reading it.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

It would be cool but it's not really suiting the japanase high school mentality, no ?
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Teenagers are teenagers, regardless of country.

Every country or school tries to provide their best face forward to the rest of the world. That, combined with the general romanticizing of all things Japan can cause that misconception.

With western culture becoming more prevalent, there's not much difference socially between an American high school and a Japanese high school, at least as far as the attitude of the students goes.

We had a few Japanese transfers (both students and teachers) at my high school and later on a few of my friends joined the JET program. All of them say that in that aspect, there's almost no difference between American high schoolers and Japanese high schoolers.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Atario

Post by Atario »

Munchenhausen wrote:There's a guy at my local nightclub in a wheelchair who regularly comes down and gets wankered and dances. It's fucking great.
I've not seen this phrase before, and my first interpretation of it is that it means he is turned into a habitual masturbator (though the effect must wear off or else how would he be able to do it again the next week?). :lol:
Eurobeatjester wrote:With western culture becoming more prevalent, there's not much difference socially between an American high school and a Japanese high school, at least as far as the attitude of the students goes.

We had a few Japanese transfers (both students and teachers) at my high school and later on a few of my friends joined the JET program. All of them say that in that aspect, there's almost no difference between American high schoolers and Japanese high schoolers.
There does seem to be some interaction between the social attitudes and the other attitudes, though. For example, in the US, students who excel academically oftentimes find themselves socially ostracized, whereas I understand it's quite the opposite in Japan…?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
KSPuff

Post by KSPuff »

Not trying to force a change of topics but I just finished the secret route and thought about it for a bit:

Kenji Murdered Hisao.

I know the game makes it seemed like Hisao fell over the roof fencing/railing in a drunken stupor. However, I think it worked out a little differently after I noticed that the height of the fencing is rather high. We seen a few shots of characters next to the fencing and there was usually an extra foot or two of fencing above their head.

Anyway, Kenji didn't get as drunk as he made it seem, Kenji seems to be some decent control over his body despite his jumpiness. He got Hisao drunk and then forced him over to the railing in fake fight over the wine, then just gave him a good "boost" over the fencing, letting Hisao fall to his death.

Why? Because he saw Hisao as a major threat to his future Anti-Feminist revolution. Kenji befriended Hisao hoping for an ally but instead created a possible double agent when Hisao started befriend so many woman in the school after sharing so much of his feminist conspiracy theories. Being paranoid as he is, Kenji needed to do it for mankind's future.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Not a secret route, its called the Manly Picnic.

And dosent it say he fell through a particularly weak point in the fencing?
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Ranyel

Post by Ranyel »

I don't know if you made all routes (so don't read this if not) but in each route you can learn a few about Kenji and I think he wouldn't do harm to anyone about his ravings. For example, in Lilly's route, he called her a bitch because he loose a bet about her origin. But he still decent with her and never annoyed any girl with the "conspiracy" (except his ex-girlfriend).
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Atario wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:There's a guy at my local nightclub in a wheelchair who regularly comes down and gets wankered and dances. It's fucking great.
I've not seen this phrase before, and my first interpretation of it is that it means he is turned into a habitual masturbator (though the effect must wear off or else how would he be able to do it again the next week?). :lol:
Hahaha he was pretty done, I wouldn't have been surprised :P Bu nah, 'to get wankered' is Britbong for 'to get really quite dunk' ;)
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Atario wrote:
Hahaha he was pretty done, I wouldn't have been surprised :P Bu nah, 'to get wankered' is Britbong for 'to get really quite dunk' ;)
I thought that was "get pissed"? :lol:
Normally when I hear wank in any context, it's usually in reference to masturbation :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Steinherz wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:
Atario wrote: I've not seen this phrase before, and my first interpretation of it is that it means he is turned into a habitual masturbator (though the effect must wear off or else how would he be able to do it again the next week?). :lol:
I thought that was "get pissed"? :lol:
Normally when I hear wank in any context, it's usually in reference to masturbation :lol:
You know how they say the Inuits have 30+ ways of saying 'Snow'?
We have hundreds of ways of describing how drunk someone is :P
'He was wankered', 'she was pissed', 'they were slattered', 'you were conkered', 'I was shitfaced' etc etc.

It literally is just as easy as adding '-ed' to the end of any word. :lol:
oh the joys of being working class (;
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Zarys wrote:
This is something I feel is rarely touched upon.
My headcanon is that one of Yamaku's mottos is "A disabled Teenager is still a Teenager", or something to that nature, and it's true. A mentally healthy teenager, regardless of physical impairments, is still going to be a teenager.
There's a guy at my local nightclub in a wheelchair who regularly comes down and gets wankered and dances. It's fucking great.

On that tangent, you're still going to haveall the cliché teenagers. The druggies, the nerds, the popular kids... And the bullies.
I don't think Hanako's bullying, for example, finished upon joining Yamaku.

Sure, someone may have only one functioning leg, but a dickhead is always a dickhead. I draw upon this this in my up-and-coming chapter, although the students generally have a closer bond, due to them all being cripples, some obviously are a little harsher than others.

A rumour is a rumour, regardless of who says it.
Hisao mentions in the game that there isn't any traditional bullying in Yamaku, and while he's not a 100% perfect narrator. I'd like to think this is true.

Now that doesn't mean everybody likes each other and they all get along, (just look at Lilly and Shizune's interactions for that) but in a school where everybody is the weird one I can't see all that much bullying going on. Another thing is that the number is students is quite small and they're apparently quite close to the faculty, any bullying would be found out quickly and I'd imagine the staff would come down hard on who ever was doing it. The whole purpose of the school is so students can get a normal education in a safe environment. Just because somebody is naturally a bully doesn't mean they get a free pass to bully people. They get in line or they get shipped out.
Not Dead Yet
KSPuff

Post by KSPuff »

CoffeeDrive wrote:Not a secret route, its called the Manly Picnic.

And dosent it say he fell through a particularly weak point in the fencing?
Apology for the secret route thing, that's how I seen it described on other sites like Gamefaqs/NeoGaf.

I replayed it last night and apparently I missed that detail the first time on that route unless...

He somehow weakened or cut the metal fencing as part of his plan. We know Keniji's rather good at sneaking around at night in out of the school given the milk situation in Shizune/Misha's route. Maybe he snuck in wire cutters or something.
Ranyel wrote:I don't know if you made all routes (so don't read this if not) but in each route you can learn a few about Kenji and I think he wouldn't do harm to anyone about his ravings. For example, in Lilly's route, he called her a bitch because he loose a bet about her origin. But he still decent with her and never annoyed any girl with the "conspiracy" (except his ex-girlfriend).
I did finish all the routes as of last night. I remember that and for the most part, you're right, he seems to be bark then bite. Of course, he could just holding back until his anti-feminist revolution plan are finally ready. Going after one girl might bring the wrath of all women before he's plans are complete, being paranoid as he is.

I've known guys who think and act like Kenji, paranoia-wise and eventually, they all snapped and did something terrible. Then again, this head canon, so it's free to open interpretation. :lol:
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

KSPuff wrote:I've known guys who think and act like Kenji, paranoia-wise and eventually, they all snapped and did something terrible. Then again, this head canon, so it's free to open interpretation. :lol:
I've thought for a while that Hisao might be watching the news one night and see a familiar face being forced into a police car...
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)