A character creator to create KS OC's (I have searched!)

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

megavipersnake

A character creator to create KS OC's (I have searched!)

Post by megavipersnake »

I am planning to write out a fanfic in the future and I have a OC in mind but to not let that idea slip by. I need to draw out my OC but the problem is I SUCK at drawing, so I was hoping to find a character creator that could help me create the character I have in mind but sadly to no avail. I have searched for anime character creators but none of these creators seem to have the same extent of portraying the character I want. Not to mention the characters look out of place if I would put them into KS world. What I ment I cannot seem to find a creator that allow me to add bandages or have customization options at the full height of the character not just the face but the body as well.

If anyone can point me to a good one please let me know or if there is none then this thread can be closed down.
CoffeeDrive

Re: A character creator to create KS OC's (I have searched!)

Post by CoffeeDrive »

I dont think that exists to be honest, probably easier learning to draw.

Also this should be in fan works.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Zykes

Post by Zykes »

I originally found someone to do art for me, but I found that I did better when I started to practice and learned to do it on my own (mind you I use a mouse with photoshop and pixlr.)
"I look down as I step forward, passing by all those that stare, and hold fear in my heart. I stop and look up, I realize I am not afraid of what others think of me. I am afraid of of what I think of myself."

Staggering Harmony - OC Fanfic
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Zykes wrote:I originally found someone to do art for me, but I found that I did better when I started to practice and learned to do it on my own (mind you I use a mouse with photoshop and pixlr.)
If you can, try use a drawpad connected to your pc, works quite well.

Also i think you need to edit your avatar, its stretched to hell. Try using differnt dimensions.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

The best character creator I've found has been Heromachine 3. It's more set up for realistic (or at least superhero) style characters, but there are some anime eyes in the selection as well, and you can customize and stretch things anyway you want, so all it would take is a bit of effort to make a more anime styled character using it. It'll never match KS's style, but at least you'll have a basic visual.
Not Dead Yet
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
Zykes wrote:I originally found someone to do art for me, but I found that I did better when I started to practice and learned to do it on my own (mind you I use a mouse with photoshop and pixlr.)
If you can, try use a drawpad connected to your pc, works quite well.
Graphics tablet or drawpad is the best way of getting something to your exact wants, but sadly that does mean learning to draw (possibly twice, as in my experience drawing with pen/pencil on paper is different to on a graphics tablet).

How do your mouse drawings come out, out of curiosity?
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Zykes

Post by Zykes »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
How do your mouse drawings come out, out of curiosity?

i drew my current avater (it is also posted on my thread in the Fan Works section)
"I look down as I step forward, passing by all those that stare, and hold fear in my heart. I stop and look up, I realize I am not afraid of what others think of me. I am afraid of of what I think of myself."

Staggering Harmony - OC Fanfic
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

I can help you with a certain program.

If I can have the name (written in Kanji makes my life easier), height, description, etc. I can get a '3D' model going (like the main cast I posted in the random KS discussion).

It's something like this:
That is Ryou Miyazaki, what role he plays and what's wrong with his other eye is for me to know and for you to find out :lol: *SHAMELESS ADVERTISING*

...on the other hand...isn't this kind of thread supposed to be in fan work section?
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
megavipersnake

Post by megavipersnake »

Megumeru wrote:I can help you with a certain program.

If I can have the name (written in Kanji makes my life easier), height, description, etc. I can get a '3D' model going (like the main cast I posted in the random KS discussion).

It's something like this:
That is Ryou Miyazaki, what role he plays and what's wrong with his other eye is for me to know and for you to find out :lol: *SHAMELESS ADVERTISING*
That will be appreaciated give me some time to build up my character qua details: I still need to decide how my character kind of looks like, I am building in Heromachine 3 (thanks for that). I will send you a pm of my character but I cannot sadly write into Kanji since my Oc for my story has to do with Wammy's House is one of several orphanages established by Watari or another orphanage established by him. (I am aware that his is Death Note and it will conflict with the so calle KIRA Incident but in my mind it has not happened (most likely that) or will not happen after I have figured out the timespan in which KS takes place. Anyway I will send you a pm some time later okay?
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

megavipersnake wrote:
That will be appreaciated give me some time to build up my character qua details: I still need to decide how my character kind of looks like, I am building in Heromachine 3 (thanks for that). I will send you a pm of my character but I cannot sadly write into Kanji since my Oc for my story has to do with Wammy's House is one of several orphanages established by Watari or another orphanage established by him. (I am aware that his is Death Note and it will conflict with the so calle KIRA Incident but in my mind it has not happened (most likely that) or will not happen after I have figured out the timespan in which KS takes place. Anyway I will send you a pm some time later okay?
Sure, take your time :)

I may be online almost daily, but depending how fast I can create your character depends on how descriptive you can be (for example,'generic male hair-style A' is not as descriptive as 'short, wavy hair') or something on that line. And if the name is written in kanji, I can easily understand more of what their character is like (for example, Shizune and her kanji '静音' basically made up of the kanji '静か' and '音'--quiet and sound, respectively. Just by that, I can understand what she is more or less).
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story