Would Hanako connect with someone that shows burn marks?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Guest Poster

Re: Would Hanako connect with someone that shows burn marks?

Post by Guest Poster »

People are at their most honest when their friendly inhibitions are in tatters. Things said in anger aren't improv'd on the spot, they're just the truth dug up from the hidden places in people.
Are you saying people never say stuff in anger and later think "I didn't mean it like that"? Because I think that happens all the time with people.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

Guest Poster wrote:
People are at their most honest when their friendly inhibitions are in tatters. Things said in anger aren't improv'd on the spot, they're just the truth dug up from the hidden places in people.
Are you saying people never say stuff in anger and later think "I didn't mean it like that"? Because I think that happens all the time with people.
Oh, they can say that later. But they're fooling themselves at most and just performing damage control at least. They only come to that when the anger is past and the defenses are back up.
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Sorry. I'm going to have to disagree. If somebody in already mad or in deep despair or whatever, they tend to blow things massive out of proportion.

"It annoys me slightly when you do this," all too easily becomes "I have always hated you and that one thing you do. You must be doing it because you hate me and/or are a horrible person!"
Not Dead Yet
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Also, YMMV, but I've always viewed Love and Hate as close kin, the true opposite of both being indifference. If one pushes a love too far in the wrong direction, that love can easily turn to an equal amount of hate.

Thus the saying, "Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned."
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

I dunno about being able to "connect" with someone who also has scars but I think she would be at the least curious about that person. Now wether she would act on that curiousity and actually talk to that person is entirely up to her.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

Oscar Wildecat wrote:the true opposite of both being indifference.
This is incorrect.

@ogorhan: Or up to Lilly. :lol:
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Khalego wrote:
This is incorrect.
How so?

Let's break it into three cases:
1. If I have strong positive emotions toward somebody or something, I can call that love.
2. Mirroring that, if I have strong negative emotions toward somebody or somebody, I can call that hate.
3. However, if I just don't care, then I call that indifference.

In cases 1 and 2, I have a strong emotional response to somebody or something, whereas in case 3, I lack an emotional response.

Given that the opposite of a strong emotional response is no emotional response at all, I conclude that indifference is the opposite both love and hate.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

Oscar Wildecat wrote:
Khalego wrote:
This is incorrect.
How so?

Let's break it into three cases:
1. If I have strong positive emotions toward somebody or something, I can call that love.
2. Mirroring that, if I have strong negative emotions toward somebody or somebody, I can call that hate.
3. However, if I just don't care, then I call that indifference.

In cases 1 and 2, I have a strong emotional response to somebody or something, whereas in case 3, I lack an emotional response.

Given that the opposite of a strong emotional response is no emotional response at all, I conclude that indifference is the opposite both love and hate.

Positive and negative are opposites. By extension, love and hate (being the positive and negative aspects of their particular spectrum) are opposites. Indifference, being a balance of zero for both responses, is in the middle somewhere. Also the opposite of a strong emotional response would be a weak emotional response, not none at all.

Indifference, being a lack of concern about a given thing, would be the opposite of concern.
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Khalego wrote:
Positive and negative are opposites. By extension, love and hate are opposites. Indifference, being a balance of zero for both, is in the middle somewhere.
Also the opposite of a strong emotional response would be a weak emotional response, not none at all.

Indifference, being a lack of concern about a given thing, would be the opposite of concern.
I can accept that interpretation. Given that love and hate is a topic that has keep philosophers and poets going for far longer than any of us have been around, I'll call it all good, and leave it there.

Now, back to the topic of Would Hanako connect with someone that shows burn marks?

Maybe, depends upon the someone. If another burn survivor had enrolled in Yamaku, I think she would be curious about that person. However, there would have be something more to the person than just burn marks for a connection to take place.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Remember that the focus of KS isn't solely about the disability or scars, but also their character as a whole. What attracts Hanako to Hisao isn't his white-knighting deed (which when overdone, would bring out Dragon-Born Hanako), but first it's his kindness and how he sees her more as an equal (Hisao knows Hanako has a scar that tells what happened--Hanako doesn't figure out Hisao's scar until much later) and treats her less like a baby (in contrast to what Lilly does--for better or worst).

Less, doesn't mean he doesn't; it's his 'escape' from his own problems, which he wouldn't reveal until much later. I think Hisao mentioned about how her scar carries a history--just like his--or something along that line.

So even if Hanako meets another scarred person, she might not connect with that person that well and would remain 'Hanako'.
I'd sure hope that other scarred person tries to steal Hisao from Hanakp though; I'm still crossin fingers for a chance to one day see/read yandere Hanako. :lol:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
megavipersnake

Post by megavipersnake »

Ok then I get it, she would be curios about that that person. Maybe I would not write something like that even when Hisao is paired with someone else, like you guys I really feel that Hisao and Hanako is a great pairing and I kind of feel betraying Hanako when I play the visual novel on a different path. Maybe it should be writing as an outside POV. Or he (the oc) can be paired by someone else.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

megavipersnake wrote:Ok then I get it, she would be curios about that that person. Maybe I would not write something like that even when Hisao is paired with someone else, like you guys I really feel that Hisao and Hanako is a great pairing and I kind of feel betraying Hanako when I play the visual novel on a different path. Maybe it should be writing as an outside POV. Or he (the oc) can be paired by someone else.
Pair him with a Shinigami.

Holding a black notebook.

and a pen.

And you have yourself a beginning of a twisted NTR-style fanfiction :twisted:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
megavipersnake

Post by megavipersnake »

Ok I get a Death Note, as much as I like the series. I am not gonna do that. I will see where things take me. I still need to get how much of the plot for Hisao is the same wether path he chooses in other words. How much of all the routes is shared until they diverge.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

One consideration, as far as anyone being worse off than Hanako... Yamaku doesn't accept mental patients, and Hanako barely counts as not being one.

Even outside of Yamaku (actually, scratch that... especially outside of Yamaku, inside of Japan), Hanako would really struggle to approach someone, and someone who runs in fear from her (remember, she does this to Hisao) would trigger her own anxieties hardcore.

And, I concur with the thought that someone who is better able to cope will make Hanako feel horrible about herself - intellectually, she knows that within the confines of Yamaku, she's not going to get bullied like she did before, and she resents that her anxiety gets in the way of a lot of things (and her resentment of Lilly's mothering... part of that is actually a resentment of herself. It's not a full-fledged hate, it's amplified many times over when she's at the most stressful time of year for her, backed into a corner, and many of her buttons simultaneously pushed).
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
megavipersnake

Post by megavipersnake »

He does not have it worst, just like Hanako Hisao was also scared mentaly and the sense of the story (the visual novel) is that Hisao need to adapt to his new situation. What if the OC is more like Hanako but instead of shy he does not like to talk to people, granted that sounds too anti-social but in mind the OC is not. He just prefers alone, reading and thinking somewhere for instance a library of some sorts. He is still polite he will still answer Sorry, I did not mean to startle you. When he meets her. Wether or not the scene is exacly the same is up to me.