Long term relationship with Rin? Be honest...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: Long term relationship with Rin? Be honest...

Post by SpunkySix »

To be clear, Hisao is far from the only one who bothers me in that route. In fact, as much as he gets on my nerves, he's still a good guy in the end. Even Emi, who I feel kind of bad for, has reactions to Rin on that route bother me at times, (although not as much since she tends to be a little more air-headed than Hisao when it comes to logical observation so her lack of comprehension makes a little more sense) so I by no means am trying to make him out to be a villain.

His outburst was understandable in an emotional way, I just think it was wrong.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

Megumeru wrote:When you think about it, we've pretty much seen the die-hard supporters of Shizuists, Lillithians, and Rin-dins; all that's left are those that come from Emites and Hanakins. :lol:
Rin-dins? That sounds like a bite-size ice cream snack...
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Megumeru wrote:I don't know if you realized, but 'Hanako' is the name of a female toilet ghost that haunts the furthest stall of the girl's toilet. Commonly 'found' in junior schools. So her using the 'mystery girl toilet' is Rin poking fun at her name--I know I did that to a friend of mine way back in middle school.
If someone is poking fun at the name and that myth it would be Aura. For Rin, to consciously poke fun at something like that would be extremely out of character.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Mirage_GSM wrote: If someone is poking fun at the name and that myth it would be Aura. For Rin, to consciously poke fun at something like that would be extremely out of character.
Remember though: setting takes place in Japan.

it's common knowledge here. By the age of 8+, everyone would've heard of 'Hanako' as the ghost of the female toilet. As well as other fun legends such as slit-mouth woman, wisps, etc. And hey, it's Rin! She's made up of 50% artsy-stuff, 50% cloud-stuff, and 50% too-deep-4-u stuff. That's 150%!
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Yeah, but playfully poking fun at something just seems OOC for Rin since she, in her own words, is always serious. Rather than poking fun at Hanako's name, it's a lot more likely that Rin heard at some point that the long-haired girl with the burn scars is named Hanako, which connected to the urban legend in Rin's mind, so now she uses that moniker for her because it's easier for her to remember it. Or maybe she's secretly convinced that all Hanako's in the world are actually that ghost in the flesh. Both are more likely than Rin being playful with someone.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Guest Poster wrote:playfully poking fun at something just seems OOC for Rin
I don't know why Rin can't be playful. She's the one who proposed "pants problems" for Hisao's disability, just because that would amuse her.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I don't think she was being playful. I think she was sincerely hoping for someone with "pants problems" to add to her collection.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Guest Poster wrote:Yeah, but playfully poking fun at something just seems OOC for Rin since she, in her own words, is always serious.
Then again, it's Rin. Are we really going to take everything she said whole?

Maybe it's just me, but I feel her more as the 'my pace'-type of character with a quirky sense of humor. That, or she's a girl with a room decorated with trophies won from a 'sarcasm competition'. There's just so much things she said that often doesn't make sense in or in other people's route (e.g. busting Emi and Hisao to look at clouds) that makes me think twice before actually taking her claims as a whole.

The few times when her claim of being 'always serious' holds up is during her ending scene where she blurts everything--that, plus the atmosphere and timing--is serious. Outside of that, I just can't take whatever she said as being 'serious'.

But that's what I think. After a number of re-reads she's still quite a puzzle.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Doesn't she joke about not having hands with puns at one point, or was that fan created? I'm having a hard time remembering...
slagman5

Post by slagman5 »

Megumeru wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote: If someone is poking fun at the name and that myth it would be Aura. For Rin, to consciously poke fun at something like that would be extremely out of character.
Remember though: setting takes place in Japan.

it's common knowledge here. By the age of 8+, everyone would've heard of 'Hanako' as the ghost of the female toilet. As well as other fun legends such as slit-mouth woman, wisps, etc. And hey, it's Rin! She's made up of 50% artsy-stuff, 50% cloud-stuff, and 50% too-deep-4-u stuff. That's 150%!
Don't forget she's also superstitious (constantly reminding people how unlucky it is to comment on a work in progress), so ghost stories isn't out of her realm...
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

Atario wrote:
I don't know why Rin can't be playful. She's the one who proposed "pants problems" for Hisao's disability, just because that would amuse her.
When did she say that was just for amusement? She talks about it like a legitimate deduction.
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
slagman5

Post by slagman5 »

Khalego wrote:
Atario wrote:
When did she say that was just for amusement? She talks about it like a legitimate deduction.
It wasn't deduction besides the little bit she does (not anything else visible) but it was mostly wishful thinking. When he denied it, she showed that she was disappointed and said that it would have been better if it had been since that would be more "scandalous." So she was being a TAD playful about it, but the suggestion was serious, but she was being playful with the idea of it.
brythain

Post by brythain »

slagman5 wrote:It wasn't deduction besides the little bit she does (not anything else visible) but it was mostly wishful thinking. When he denied it, she showed that she was disappointed and said that it would have been better if it had been since that would be more "scandalous." So she was being a TAD playful about it, but the suggestion was serious, but she was being playful with the idea of it.
Yeah. It's just like Shizune. She plays Risk, but she's awfully serious about it even while she's being playful. She judges Hisao on how he responds to the game's direction.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

brythain wrote:
slagman5 wrote:It wasn't deduction besides the little bit she does (not anything else visible) but it was mostly wishful thinking. When he denied it, she showed that she was disappointed and said that it would have been better if it had been since that would be more "scandalous." So she was being a TAD playful about it, but the suggestion was serious, but she was being playful with the idea of it.
Yeah. It's just like Shizune. She plays Risk, but she's awfully serious about it even while she's being playful. She judges Hisao on how he responds to the game's direction.
To be fair, you can tell a lot about a person based on how they simple things like play a strategy game. It's not 100% accurate, but enough to give you an idea.
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

Megumeru wrote:Hanakins.
Hanakin Skywalker?
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2