Long term relationship with Rin? Be honest...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

brythain

Re: Long term relationship with Rin? Be honest...

Post by brythain »

SpunkySix wrote:
brythain wrote:
slagman5 wrote:It wasn't deduction besides the little bit she does (not anything else visible) but it was mostly wishful thinking. When he denied it, she showed that she was disappointed and said that it would have been better if it had been since that would be more "scandalous." So she was being a TAD playful about it, but the suggestion was serious, but she was being playful with the idea of it.
Yeah. It's just like Shizune. She plays Risk, but she's awfully serious about it even while she's being playful. She judges Hisao on how he responds to the game's direction.
To be fair, you can tell a lot about a person based on how they simple things like play a strategy game. It's not 100% accurate, but enough to give you an idea.
I am being fair! :D Just pointing out that 'being playful' and 'being serious' sometimes do have overlap… and yes, I agree with you.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

HarvestmanMan wrote:
Megumeru wrote:Hanakins.
Hanakin Skywalker?
Burn marks? Check.
Social anxiety disorder? Check.

And then we just need a picture of Hanakin Facing Lilly-wan-Kanobe.

"I ALWAYS LOVED YOU!"
*insert yuri*
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Given my personality, I feel any relationship I could have with Rin or a character like her would be very passionate, short, and destructive.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
ilFogo

Post by ilFogo »

Even though Rin wouldn't be my choice (or first choice) and that would automatically leave out of this, this seems like an interesting question and imagining it I don't see why not.

I mean, I don't find her hard to understand (unlike Hisao, how frustrating can this guy be?) and she's a lovely character just a tad quirky.
But honestly I would give it a try.
"It's not a lake, it's an ocean"
-Alan Wake
slagman5

Post by slagman5 »

ilFogo wrote:Even though Rin wouldn't be my choice (or first choice) and that would automatically leave out of this, this seems like an interesting question and imagining it I don't see why not.

I mean, I don't find her hard to understand (unlike Hisao, how frustrating can this guy be?) and she's a lovely character just a tad quirky.
But honestly I would give it a try.
Seriously. If you focus more on Rin pre-art exhibition, she was actually quite easy-going and easy to talk to it seemed. It was only after she was kind of urged into doing that art exhibit thing where things started to go wrong...

Although, during Lilly's route, you randomly run into Rin walking around town one night and she seems to act like she has no idea why she's there, lol. I still wonder what that was all about...
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Eurobeatjester wrote:Given my personality, I feel any relationship I could have with Rin or a character like her would be very passionate, short, and destructive.
This is fitting, somehow. Artsy, even.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

It just popped into my head that Hisao might ask her to 'paint me naked' which Rin would interpret as 'strip off and give Hisao a nuru massage but with watercolours'. :twisted:
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

metalangel wrote:It just popped into my head that Hisao might ask her to 'paint me naked' which Rin would interpret as 'strip off and give Hisao a nuru massage but with watercolours'. :twisted:
Sounds like a fun Friday night!
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

metalangel wrote:It just popped into my head that Hisao might ask her to 'paint me naked' which Rin would interpret as 'strip off and give Hisao a nuru massage but with watercolours'. :twisted:
Now there's some DLC I can approve of! :D :P
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
slagman5

Post by slagman5 »

She would get no argument from me if that happened to me, lol. That is definitely a "misunderstanding win."
Acesahn

Post by Acesahn »

It would be absolutely possible. You just have to stop expecting her to think and feel like you do... she doesnt, and never will. I wrote a giant comment on "Is Rin Schizophrenic" about how she has autism, but ill shorten it here. She wont be able to explain herself to you, no matter how hard she might want to, and the only way past that is to accept it, and love her anyway. Nearly all of Rin's story, and the drama, are from Hisao trying to force himself and her to understand each other. Hisao cant understand her, Rin cant explain nor understand "normal" people. In the beginning and end of the story, when Hisao is not trying to force her to behave like a "regular person" they get along fabulously.

Rin's a quirky, fun, creative enigma, I could totally love someone like that.
Resonance

Post by Resonance »

Well, I'm a bit late but I wanted to reply to the thread anyway.

First off, I want to say my virginity level is over 9000, to the point of me never having been in a relationship or shared a kiss. So I'm just assuming this is how things would turn out, without much to base those assumptions on. That aside, Rin is definitely my favorite character and I don't even feel like playing any other routes after finishing hers :/

Now, without considering the disabilities (as OP put the question), I think I could make it work. I don't see her as too difficult to deal with, honestly I don't know why it was so difficult for Hisao. She really isn't as bad with words as she thinks, and a lot of what she says makes sense. I'm not much of a talker myself anyway, and I don't think I would try to force a conversation out of her every time like Hisao did. I'd rather just spend our time together, whether it be doing something or doing nothing. I also love how she thinks about stuff in an unconventional way, and the occasional philosophical ideas she discusses are fun to think about. It would probably be more of a problem for her to deal with me, to be honest.

I'm not much into lying on the ground and staring at the sky for hours on end and sitting at a festival doing nothing for the whole day, and usually unproductive days make me feel really terrible. But I think it's not a bad thing that Rin can be so carefree, and it would be something I'd like to learn how to do myself. Maybe I could become the best cloud watcher in the world, I've never tried it before, so who knows, maybe it's just the right thing for me :P

Something that might be hard for me to adapt to, though, is her constant painting. I like art and it's fun to look at, but just like Hisao, I don't really understand it. I guess no one does, people interpret it, but I don't think that's too interesting. I like art that makes me feel something when I look at it, but I don't try to think about what the piece means to me or what it could mean to the artist. It's also kind of crummy that Rin would spend so much time painting, since it requires a lot of concentration for her, which means I can't enjoy being with her as much when she is painting. When she was working at the atelier, Hisao had to pretty much spend all of his time sitting on the couch and reading a book. I'd probably have to do the same.

It's fine if it's a month or two of her preparing for an exhibition, but she would probably paint for hours every single day, and that would be a tad bothersome. Or maybe she wouldn't, in the beginning of the game she was procrastinating a lot on her mural. I guess she only paints with such dedication when she is striving towards a set goal, like the exhibition. So maybe it would be alright. In any case, I guess I could learn to draw myself if it got really bad. Always wanted to try art but I never had enough motivation, and it requires a shitton of effort for someone like me, who is logical and has zero experience with art. I even was impressed by that sketch of a bird Hisao did in class once. Would take me months to get to that level. If Rin was there, maybe it would provide enough motivation for me to really get into it.

Although, it wouldn't really be helpful in dealing with her to learn art anyway. Nomiya understands it but it doesn't help him at all in understanding Rin. I wonder, as Sae said, everyone interprets art differently, which means it's a bad medium to communicate your feelings through and get other people to understand you, is it not? Does that mean Rin was wasting her time when she was trying to make people understand her through her art? I guess that's why in the good ending, Hisao starts to somewhat understand Rin without the help of art.

Hmm, and then there is the situation where Rin still has her disability and whether I could make a relationship work with that in mind. Everything still remains the same as I think I could come to terms with it pretty quickly, but there was one post where someone emphasized the first meeting as important.. and I agree. I think if I was just in the same class as Rin or something I might not try to meet her because of her disability. It would probably be just a little off-putting enough to where I would feel awkward starting a conversation with her. (Though, I guess this is true for me with anyone, even if they don't have a disability. But moreso with someone who has no arms, I would imagine. What if I blurt something stupid out? What if I stare too much?) However if our first meeting was like in the VN, where she was alone in an empty classroom and I had to ask where the supplies were, it would probably work out fine, since you can tell pretty quickly she doesn't feel insecure about her disability.