Did kenji murder me?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Hiimamage

Did kenji murder me?

Post by Hiimamage »

So as we all now if you get the ''manly picnic'' ending, you end up falling off the building leading to your death which was caused by the influence of alcohol. This was my first ending so i thought it was just a silly thing that they put in. BUT i restarted the game and tried to go for rin but i accidently ended up with emi instead. And when you pick emi/rin you are going to eat lunch at the rooftop at somepoint, kenji comments on this in the game telling you to be carefull.(No big deal kenji is always paranoid when it comes to girls) But at this time he tells you to stay away from the roof because he says that if he were to murder someone he would lead them to the roof and throw them off making it look like an accident...

So did kenji murder me for some reason?

Also i apoligies if someone already made this topic, couldn't find it anywhere ;_;
Last edited by Hiimamage on Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
metalangel

Re: Did kenshi murder me?

Post by metalangel »

I think it's to make you laugh if you've had the manly picnic already.

Although... if the victim is drunk, it's easier to explain as an accident...
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

His English name is "Kenji," BTW. Just so you know.

Wouldn't think so. You have your eyes on him so you would be able to tell.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
Hiimamage

Post by Hiimamage »

Broomhead wrote:His English name is "Kenji," BTW. Just so you know.
Fixed it ^^
Zarys

Re: Did kenji murder me?

Post by Zarys »

Did kenji murder me?
In the real-life ? no, it's a game so you cannot you have not really been killed by Kenji :mrgreen: (Unfortunately, the girls are no more reals and I have no really dated Hanako... :cry: )

In the game ? the fact he says that if he were to murder someone he would lead them to the roof and throw them off making it look like an accident, is certainly a reference to the Deep End, but I don't think it's was really a murder. (it does not really look like a murder, and Hisao dies more by him that due to Kenji)
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Potato

Post by Potato »

SPOILERS, GAWD!

But no. At least, not outside of fanfiction...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

What the fuck mate?... Spoilers.

You just ruined the Ultimate Bad Ending.
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

At what point does the Manly Picnic stop being a spoiler on this forum? It's basically a running gag now.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
TK8305

Post by TK8305 »

The first time I saw that ending I got quite the laugh. xD

All those pretty girls and he decides to be stupid and do that.
My YouTube | My Twitter[/font][/size]<p>Currently LPing: Pokemon Diamond (NDS) / Link's Birthday DX (ZC)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

TK8305 wrote:All those pretty girls and he decides to be stupid and do that.
Yes, all of those pretty girls, and he decides to be stupid and get so horribly depressed due to a life-altering condition totally outside of his control that he burns every bridge he comes to with them because of how sad and under confident he is without even realizing it, which causes him to feel so lonely and unwanted that he sees getting drunk with somebody he doesn't even like to wash away his regrets as his only option, then he makes a one-in-a-million chance mistake and dies young, never knowing what love really is or what could have been. How funny, and how dumb Hisao the loser is. Let's all point and laugh at him, and call him names.

I mean, I don't want to be that guy, but... in a way, that ending is by far the saddest of them all. That guy desperately needed a hug.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

SpunkySix wrote: Yes, all of those pretty girls, and he decides to be stupid and get so horribly depressed due to a life-altering condition totally outside of his control that he burns every bridge he comes to with them because of how sad and under confident he is without even realizing it, which causes him to feel so lonely and unwanted that he sees getting drunk with somebody he doesn't even like to wash away his regrets as his only option, then he makes a one-in-a-million chance mistake and dies young, never knowing what love really is or what could have been. How funny, and how dumb Hisao the loser is. Let's all point and laugh at him, and call him names.

I mean, I don't want to be that guy, but... in a way, that ending is by far the saddest of them all. That guy desperately needed a hug.
That made me really sad :(. I never thought about it that way before. I guess it is a way for Hisao to drown away his troubles, and forget about his life altering condition. The fact is; maybe this route was put in to remind us of how troubling have such a change like arrhythmia is to your life. I mean Hisao is already depressed and hates life, he had everything he loved ripped away from him. I think if that happened to us, we might even make the same choice as Hisao in the manly picnic. If I didn't end up with Emi in the game, based on how I act in real life; its a very real possibility that I would get the manly picnic.

Bah, but to answer you're original question, I do believe Kenji killed Hisao.
TK8305

Post by TK8305 »

SpunkySix wrote:
TK8305 wrote:All those pretty girls and he decides to be stupid and do that.
Yes, all of those pretty girls, and he decides to be stupid and get so horribly depressed due to a life-altering condition totally outside of his control that he burns every bridge he comes to with them because of how sad and under confident he is without even realizing it, which causes him to feel so lonely and unwanted that he sees getting drunk with somebody he doesn't even like to wash away his regrets as his only option, then he makes a one-in-a-million chance mistake and dies young, never knowing what love really is or what could have been. How funny, and how dumb Hisao the loser is. Let's all point and laugh at him, and call him names.

Well, when you put it that way....

I guess it does seem like a lot to take in. But still WE are deciding his fate and WE all want better for ourselves so we do it through him!
My YouTube | My Twitter[/font][/size]<p>Currently LPing: Pokemon Diamond (NDS) / Link's Birthday DX (ZC)
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

TK8305 wrote:The first time I saw that ending I got quite the laugh. xD

All those pretty girls and he decides to be stupid and do that.
I dunno, I could totally see myself just doofing and winding up like that.

Kind of like http://imgur.com/gallery/xCwCm0T this.
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

And to answer the OP, based on Kenji's face in the Manly Picnic as Hisao goes over the edge (flat, clinical, emotionless) I believe Kenji killed Hisao.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Liminaut wrote:And to answer the OP, based on Kenji's face in the Manly Picnic as Hisao goes over the edge (flat, clinical, emotionless) I believe Kenji killed Hisao.
Honestly, Keni can barely see shit while sober. Being drunk, I doubt he had any idea what was even happening. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.