Shizune's favorite restaurant?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Atario

Re: Shizune's favorite restaurant?

Post by Atario »

Potato wrote:If only Shizune wouldn't be the only person there and someone else who works there could help out until everyone adjusts. Or, like, Shizune would turn around at some point. Besides, peripheral vision is a thing that exists. She'd take an order, turn to move to another table, catch things in her peripheral. And patrons presumably have some manner of menu available to them. Instruction could be printed there.
Well, now you've pretty much changed The Shanghai into Signs.

I'm just saying, there's a reason the manager of Signs says in the video "in a workforce that they wouldn't otherwise be able to work in".
Then there's always the chance that Misha loiters about as her assistant, which she always does, probably for discount parfaits in that scenario. :lol:
Hey, then we get Misha in the uniform too. Now we're onto something… :lol:
metalangel wrote:servers who are both hearing and sighted will also fail to notice you waving and saying "excuse me!"
They will, but that's just because they suck. :P
There is also a restaurant with staff who are blind, called O.Noir. The proprietor of Signs doesn't think much of their concept.
Haha, shots fired!
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Interesting. I'll have to show that video to my mother sometime, she knows AMSLAN and has done some interpreter work.
But I don't know if that would be Shizune's favorite restaurant. Do they have enough fried things on the menu for her tastes?
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
brythain

Post by brythain »

I thought this was a discussion on where Shizune would like to go to have a meal, but most of it seems to do with other things besides food… :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

emmjay wrote:Interesting. I'll have to show that video to my mother sometime, she knows AMSLAN and has done some interpreter work.
But I don't know if that would be Shizune's favorite restaurant. Do they have enough fried things on the menu for her tastes?
AMESLAN? Wow, it hasn't been called that in over 40 years.

{tedious}Of course it would be her favourite restaurant, she has to like it because she's Deaf.{/tedious}
brythain

Post by brythain »

metalangel wrote:{tedious}Of course it would be her favourite restaurant, she has to like it because she's Deaf.{/tedious}
Isn't it better (since more precise and hence meaningful) if you can show she would like it because she's Shizune? :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Canada is not a bit far for Shizune ?
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

brythain wrote: Isn't it better (since more precise and hence meaningful) if you can show she would like it because she's Shizune? :)
That's emmjay's point, she's not defined by her disability but by her personality. There isn't much in the way of fried stuff on the menu there, but there's plenty of greasy-spoon style Korean, Japanese and Chinese places in the neighbourhood that would have the sort of things she likes. Plus there's a few banh mi spots around...

She'd need an interpreter anyway so better to go based on her cravings, right? Mmmmm, gyoza...