Kenji

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Broomhead

Re: Kenji

Post by Broomhead »

I'm gonna agree with Yuto there.

In my school career, I met around 3 girls a year who were vehemently "feminist." When someone asked me why I hated them, I'd answer that they were Misandric (which no-one understood) however. I find that in every movement, there will be a few who hide under it to cover their discriminations and biases. I think, also, if you introduce yourself in an unrelated context with a big-issue identifier, then you're a jerk or extremest. ("Hi, I'm Billy Joe, a straight, White, christian male." "What does that have to do with acholism?" "It's just who I am.")

What happened to a lot of movements that are fundamentally good but now very controversial in a nutshell:
Feminism.gif
Feminism.gif (9.71 KiB) Viewed 3723 times
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

A voice or reason! :D
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Anybody think Kenji has Asperger's or something along those lines? He seems somewhat socially anxious, and when he does talk to people he doesn't seem to have a good grasp of when people are bored or not really listening (something I have difficulties with). He also has (apparently) sensitivity to the cold (hypersensitivity is common to some degree in Asperger's), seems to pursue strong interests and likes things done in a certain way (see the banner painting scene in Act 1).

Hey, remember when fictional characters could exist without everyone who isn't actually qualified to do so tacking Asperger's and autism onto them?

That was a neat time. Like, awkward anime guys could just be awkward and that crazy lemon Hitler from Adventure Time could just be crazy lemon Hitler. And not every cigar is a penis.

I mean, really. Kenji's not a social genius but that isn't exactly grounds for Asperger's so much as grounds for being a self-absorbed teenager. He doesn't much care for the cold. He pursues things he is interested in and he has a certain way he likes things done. Every single one of those is a pretty common human trait.
Last edited by Khalego on Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
brythain

Post by brythain »

Khalego wrote:[Hey, remember when fictional characters could exist without everyone who isn't actually qualified to do so tacking Asperger's and autism onto them?

That was a neat time.
I wanted to give you a 'like', or failing which, some kudos. But I couldn't find those options. All I can say is, yes, that was a neat time. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Khalego wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Anybody think Kenji has Asperger's or something along those lines? He seems somewhat socially anxious, and when he does talk to people he doesn't seem to have a good grasp of when people are bored or not really listening (something I have difficulties with). He also has (apparently) sensitivity to the cold (hypersensitivity is common to some degree in Asperger's), seems to pursue strong interests and likes things done in a certain way (see the banner painting scene in Act 1).

Hey, remember when fictional characters could exist without everyone who isn't actually qualified to do so tacking Asperger's and autism onto them?

That was a neat time. Like, awkward anime guys could just be awkward and that crazy lemon Hitler from Adventure Time could just be crazy lemon Hitler. And not every cigar is a penis.

I mean, really. Kenji's not a social genius but that isn't exactly grounds for Asperger's so much as grounds for being a self-absorbed teenager. He doesn't much care for the cold. He pursues things he is interested in and he has a certain way he likes things done. Every single one of those is a pretty common human trait.
Bloomin' 'eck, bring that up now?! :roll: It's already something I realise it was a bad move for me doing, and I'm pretty sure everything's already been vented at me that needs to be said.

The danger of the internet I suppose, my past mistakes are there for all to see.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

Do you think Kenji has made any friends at Yamaku, arguably you could say Hisao.

I'm talking about other students, from his classes maybe? Sure, he's socially awkward, weird, and not to mention batshit crazy. Though, in my life weird people from my highshcool and university have made friends. So I couldn't say for sure that Kenji has never made any friends, I guess Yuuko could be a friend. I'm thinking he could be friends with a few classmates, that accept him for his weird and peculiar behaviour.
FBOF

Post by FBOF »

Kenji was put in as some comic relief character, but after the second scene with him I couldn't wait to skip every line he had to say. It made no sense and was the only major negative I'd attribute to this game. Meeting him a 3rd or 4th time, I just wanted to tell em to f*ck off. Thank god for Auto-mode & max speed.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

FBOF wrote:Kenji was put in as some comic relief character, but after the second scene with him I couldn't wait to skip every line he had to say. It made no sense and was the only major negative I'd attribute to this game. Meeting him a 3rd or 4th time, I just wanted to tell em to f*ck off. Thank god for Auto-mode & max speed.
It makes perfect sense from his own perspective. That's why he doesn't know he's crazy. If only we got a scene where he suddenly realizes he is...