Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

brythain

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by brythain »

HarvestmanMan wrote:
Tyrael wrote:"Misha fixes everything, but who fixes Misha?" That line. My god. That is all for now.
http://i.imgur.com/O71tBlm.jpg
...More proof that Misha is a robot.
Or a cyborg. You never know, you never know... :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

brythain wrote:
HarvestmanMan wrote:
Tyrael wrote:"Misha fixes everything, but who fixes Misha?" That line. My god. That is all for now.
http://i.imgur.com/O71tBlm.jpg
Or a cyborg. You never know, you never know... :D
Or she's a bird.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
scorptatious

Post by scorptatious »

Decided to go and download and play through KS again after like... what... two years?

I went down Hanako's path again. Initially, I felt the pacing seemed a little slow at times, but towards the tail end of the route, I remembered why I enjoyed this game so much and why I enjoyed Hanako as a character so much. I even discovered a couple of other things that I kinda glanced over the first time and grew to appreciate the route that much more. Like:

Hisao's character development over his desire to protect Hanako in fear of losing her. Just made the payoff that much stronger.

Katawa Shoujo really is something special. I'm glad I had the chance to play it when it came out.
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

scorptatious wrote:Decided to go and download and play through KS again after like... what... two years?

I went down Hanako's path again. Initially, I felt the pacing seemed a little slow at times, but towards the tail end of the route, I remembered why I enjoyed this game so much and why I enjoyed Hanako as a character so much. I even discovered a couple of other things that I kinda glanced over the first time and grew to appreciate the route that much more. Like:

Hisao's character development over his desire to protect Hanako in fear of losing her. Just made the payoff that much stronger.

Katawa Shoujo really is something special. I'm glad I had the chance to play it when it came out.
Nice to see people coming back to KS and also learn new stuff that they havent noticed before. I myself havent touched KS for half a year I think, just keeping myself busy with games & anime, but someday I'll replay KS :lol:

On a somewhat related note, it seems to me its kinda hard to find a decent rom/com anime's today, often plagued with no real development in the end or very bad pacing and filled with filler episodes. I can only guess its the same with VN's when you have read most of the popular/good ones, you start to notice the things you dislike more and more because you experienced them already and learn more of what you like as a reader when you move on to other stuff.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
Tyrael

Post by Tyrael »

HarvestmanMan wrote:

Omg it all makes sense now

brythain is a visionary!
ogorhan wrote: On a somewhat related note, it seems to me its kinda hard to find a decent rom/com anime's today, often plagued with no real development in the end or very bad pacing and filled with filler episodes. I can only guess its the same with VN's when you have read most of the popular/good ones, you start to notice the things you dislike more and more because you experienced them already and learn more of what you like as a reader when you move on to other stuff.
Fantastic rom/com anime from the top of my head:
- Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo (ah I just noticed you have a Shiina avatar... Well, disregard this one then :P )
- Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
- Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun
- Tonari no Kaibutsu-Kun
- Toradora!
- Lovely★Complex (you don't mind shoujo, do you?)
- Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.
- Kimi to Boku. (season 1 & 2)

NHK ni Youkoso! is probably my favourite romcom but that's only if you enjoy dark humour, otherwise this one is just gonna make you depressed...
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Murdering anime discussion on the spot, since it's not topical anywhere on these forums.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking Your Anime Discussions

:lol:

Anyway, to get back on the subject of Katawa Shoujo..

Doesn't anyone else find it surprising that despite the enormous amount of talented individuals on the interwebz who draw KS fan art, there's still less than a handful of KS doujins? There are those awesome 4-Koma Pimmy made, that crappy H-doujin from Palcomix, and that weird Misha futanari comic, and...am I missing anything?
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
brythain

Post by brythain »

Tyrael wrote:
HarvestmanMan wrote:

Omg it all makes sense now

brythain is a visionary!
More so than I thought. I had Misha in her epilogue arc becoming a UN interpreter. Today's newsfeed has THIS piece via IO9.

Let me quote a paragraph from it:
I walked upstairs to a glass-fronted booth, where I prepared to witness something both absolutely remarkable and utterly routine. The booth was about the size of a garden shed, and well lit but stuffy. Below us were the gently curving desks of the delegate hall, which was about half-full, occupied mostly by men in suits. I sat down between two interpreters named Marisa Pinkney and Carmen Soliño...
Just hold on a minute. I'm sure that the first interpreter is using an alias. She must be none other than our cyborg friend! :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Tyrael

Post by Tyrael »

Marisa Pinkney = pink Misha? Makes sense!
Silentcook wrote:Murdering anime discussion on the spot, since it's not topical anywhere on these forums.
I got carried away, sorry man
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Everyone knows Misha actually goes on to become Crown princess of Nova anyway.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

CoffeeDrive wrote:Everyone knows Misha actually goes on to become Crown princess of Nova anyway.
LONG LIVE THE QUEEN! LONG LIVE THE QUEEN! LONG LIVE THE- *POISONED*

Back on track...

I've recently been playing a number of rounds of my new obsession, Space Station 13, as KS characters.

There's nothing more fun than naming a Mime "Shizune Hakamichi" and waiting for that one other KS player to recognize you.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

ParagonTerminus wrote:I've recently been playing a number of rounds of my new obsession, Space Station 13, as KS characters.

There's nothing more fun than naming a Mime "Shizune Hakamichi" and waiting for that one other KS player to recognize you.
Sounds like that time when I went to (my first and only) anime and gaming convention in town dressed as Hisao.

Pro tip: this game does not use easily recognizable attire, so just dressing up in a shirt and pants won't cut it. Stop into the local burn ward and see if you can borrow a patient for a while, or stop into the zoo and see how well a pink wig fits on a rhino, then take that along with you.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
brythain

Post by brythain »

CoffeeDrive wrote:Everyone knows Misha actually goes on to become Crown princess of Nova anyway.
Actually, I figured the reverse; she was Crown Princess of Nova, took an otherwise-fatal assassination hit and was spirited away to another country for repairs. The Misha we see in KS is the Crown Princess with severe memory lapses and other debilities caused by her experiences.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Guys, stop. I totally can't stand the idea of that game because if I play it I'll be super paranoid and probably get Elodie killed and feel guilty about it 'cuz she's mad cute, and it would be way worse if that was Misha.

Let's talk about the fact that Rin, ironically, paints just about everything but her nails instead. :)
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

SpunkySix wrote:Guys, stop. I totally can't stand the idea of that game because if I play it I'll be super paranoid and probably get Elodie killed and feel guilty about it 'cuz she's mad cute, and it would be way worse if that was Misha.

Let's talk about the fact that Rin, ironically, paints just about everything but her nails instead. :)
I'd imagine it'd be very difficult for her to paint her nails...