Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Atario

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Atario »

SpunkySix wrote:No, no... sorry, that was a joke.

You asked what I've been "doing with myself". Think about that for a second, literally.
Urk. My bad. Usually I pick up on dirty jokes even where there are none. Must have been in a foul mood, sorry.
Broomhead wrote:[some colored names]
I admire your sudden commitment to color coding the names, but someone seems pointedly left out of the fun…!
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Ah, so that's how the colour for Shizune would be. I always thought it would be black, but seeing how other text is black...
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Atario wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:No, no... sorry, that was a joke.

You asked what I've been "doing with myself". Think about that for a second, literally.
Urk. My bad. Usually I pick up on dirty jokes even where there are none. Must have been in a foul mood, sorry.
Don't worry about it.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Atario

Post by Atario »

Broomhead wrote:Ah, so that's how the colour for Shizune would be. I always thought it would be black, but seeing how other text is black...
I cheated and copied it from the game 8)

Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

dewelar wrote:
pc-23 wrote:P.S. Regarding the current topic... Hisao is a pretty negative person too, but his relationship with Hanako is manageable. As long as any potential pairings keep a level head, I think the same can be said for them.
*nods* The difference for me is that Hisao's fall into negativity came about due to his heart attack and subsequent hospitalization, so it's a more recent (and therefore possibly more transitory) state. It's not as ingrained in his basic character as Hanako's or Misha's, so he's much better able to balance out Hanako. I'd argue that he's already starting to overcome it within himself by the end of her route, which then allowed him to help Hanako to take the first step toward doing the same in the final scene.
Hisao also has Lilly acting in a motherly role to him as well as Hanako, although not quite as pronounced as it is in her own route. I don't think the relationship between Hanako and Hisao would have happened at all if she wasn't there to act as a mutual sounding board for the two of them, or the relationship would have come about a much different way than it would have in her route.

Two negative people sometimes turn each other positive, but it's very rare. I don't really see Misha and Hanako in a relationship, but a one shot where they have a conversation and try to be better friends I could totally see working.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Atario

Post by Atario »

The other day Conan had a deaf comedian on. Made me smirk imagining Shizune and Misha trying stand-up.

http://teamcoco.com/video/d-j-demers-12 ... aWQiOjE0fQ

Tyrael

Post by Tyrael »

Atario wrote:The other day Conan had a deaf comedian on. Made me smirk imagining Shizune and Misha trying stand-up.

http://teamcoco.com/video/d-j-demers-12 ... aWQiOjE0fQ
Unfortunately, I think Misha would have a very hard time keeping a straight face on stage (she'd probably spend more time laughing at her own jokes than anything else)
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Atario wrote:The other day Conan had a deaf comedian on. Made me smirk imagining Shizune and Misha trying stand-up.
Deaf comedy routines are the best! The teacher of the evening class I just finished also taught at the summer camp I went to, and tells this epically long jokes and stories. I lose the ability to breathe sometimes I'm laughing so hard watching him. He did a list of fascinating animal facts and picked out his favourites to describe like a kid who gets a turtle and many years later, comes back as an old man to see the turtle is barely middle-aged and still completely indifferent to him.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Eurobeatjester wrote:Two negative people sometimes turn each other positive, but it's very rare. I don't really see Misha and Hanako in a relationship, but a one shot where they have a conversation and try to be better friends I could totally see working.
Been thinking again about this, since I agree with Eurobeatjester about the potential for two negatives to turn positive, but have been trying to figure out why Hanako and Misha wouldn't. The answer I came to is that the nature of their respective negative outlooks are too similar, in that they're both more in the category of being resigned to not being accepted by society, and therefore prone to fits of melancholy. That's exactly the kind of negativity that lends itself to feeding off itself. If, on the other hand, one of them were to meet someone whose negativity takes a different form, there would be a better chance of relationship success.

Just a random thought, so definitely appropriate for this thread :) .
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Atario

Post by Atario »

metalangel wrote:Deaf comedy routines are the best!
Did you watch that D. J. Demers set? Pretty funny stuff!
comes back as an old man to see the turtle is barely middle-aged and still completely indifferent to him.
Turtles are hard, slow cats!

brythain

Post by brythain »

While I was reading through some older fanfics and newer ones in the forums, I caught myself forgetting about the authors' internal logic and attempting to apply my own ideas of what should've happened. Bad, bad me. I wonder how many of us do that without realising it.

On the other hand, some authors just tell you what they're trying to do, and then fail to do it. Which means their internal logic is screwed up, but if the results are pleasing in some other way, you don't care so much.

Rambling, rambling...
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Tyrael

Post by Tyrael »

brythain wrote:While I was reading through some older fanfics and newer ones in the forums, I caught myself forgetting about the authors' internal logic and attempting to apply my own ideas of what should've happened. Bad, bad me. I wonder how many of us do that without realising it.

On the other hand, some authors just tell you what they're trying to do, and then fail to do it. Which means their internal logic is screwed up, but if the results are pleasing in some other way, you don't care so much.

Rambling, rambling...
Personally, I'd want you to comment on whatever I'd written as long as your critique is worded somewhat constructively. It's nice to know someone is taking your work seriously enough to actually take their time pointing out its flaws in a constructive manner, even if they are solely based on your personal tastes. I hope that makes a bit of sense :).
brythain

Post by brythain »

Tyrael wrote:Personally, I'd want you to comment on whatever I'd written as long as your critique is worded somewhat constructively. It's nice to know someone is taking your work seriously enough to actually take their time pointing out its flaws in a constructive manner, even if they are solely based on your personal tastes. I hope that makes a bit of sense :).
Oh, I would certainly try to do it for you; it's just that very sadly, I'm aware that sometimes I KIV something or get distracted or fail to 'read the author' properly and superimpose my own worldview too heavily on things—and then I become a weaker critic for all that. :(

I certainly hope that when people comment on my stuff, I have taken them seriously enough in return. I value it a lot too; my 'After the Dream' main index has a list of the people who've PM'd me, critiqued my stuff (sometimes harshly) etc, and I've edited my work or attempted to figure out why it deserved such criticism. This forum helps a lot of us become better writers. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Tyrael

Post by Tyrael »

brythain wrote:
Tyrael wrote:Personally, I'd want you to comment on whatever I'd written as long as your critique is worded somewhat constructively. It's nice to know someone is taking your work seriously enough to actually take their time pointing out its flaws in a constructive manner, even if they are solely based on your personal tastes. I hope that makes a bit of sense :).
Oh, I would certainly try to do it for you; it's just that very sadly, I'm aware that sometimes I KIV something or get distracted or fail to 'read the author' properly and superimpose my own worldview too heavily on things—and then I become a weaker critic for all that. :(

I certainly hope that when people comment on my stuff, I have taken them seriously enough in return. I value it a lot too; my 'After the Dream' main index has a list of the people who've PM'd me, critiqued my stuff (sometimes harshly) etc, and I've edited my work or attempted to figure out why it deserved such criticism. This forum helps a lot of us become better writers. :)
Ah, I guess I have no choice but to go read your work now, do I? ;)

PS: "Misha fixes everything, but who fixes Misha?" That line. My god. That is all for now.
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

Tyrael wrote:"Misha fixes everything, but who fixes Misha?" That line. My god. That is all for now.

...More proof that Misha is a robot.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2