Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Broomhead

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Broomhead »

Liminaut wrote: Then again: we know Shizune has caused a lot of problems. There used to be a substantial Student Council; she managed to drive them all off. That must have taken some doing.
I'd like to think she wasn't directly appointed president, she just became president by promotion. I was a patrol leader in my scout troop for 3 years because someone stepped down above me every time.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

I've just gone though a replay of Rin's route, and it is amazing how sad it is, even the good ending.

Rin is starting to prepare for the exhibit, and she knows that this work is going to change her and this change is going to be a difficult and scary time. She is very intentional about this, and makes it clear to Hisao. In the process Rin goes a little nuts, as is to be expected.

The Master of Romance is good with this for a while, and then pulls a big "But what about meeee?" deal where he berates Rin for being so distant, even though he knows full well that she is driving herself into her painting. When Rin is through with the work and back to (relatively) normal and trying to patch things up with Hisao, he is such a jerk that she throws him out of his own room. Hisao does pretty good at the art exhibit, but in the days afterwards has such a big argument with Rin that she's reduced to tears.

After all of this, and Hisao crashing and burning the relationship and then dumping gasoline on the wreckage, Rin seduces Hisao by standing out in the rain until she is soaking wet and then going to Hisao because she is the oh-so-helpless cripple girl that can't even dress herself.

How lonely does she have to be, to seek solace in the arms of somebody that's repeatedly rejected her, and then the only way she has of reaching him is by acting helpless?

:( :( :( :( :(
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Liminaut wrote:How lonely does she have to be, to seek solace in the arms of somebody that's repeatedly rejected her, and then the only way she has of reaching him is by acting helpless?
I never really thought about it that way. How somber...
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

KeiichiO wrote:
Liminaut wrote:How lonely does she have to be, to seek solace in the arms of somebody that's repeatedly rejected her, and then the only way she has of reaching him is by acting helpless?
I know. I was all like "Oh Boy! Here comes the good end!" and then I was all like "Jeez-o-Pete! That's the *good* end?"
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Well, all good ends are happily ever after...

I think, logically speaking, most of us are willing to discomfort ourselves in the short term for the benefit of our long term. Whether or not you actually do it is another matter. While I'm not Rin, I think she just made that choice.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

KeiichiO wrote:
It's okay though, because she deserved it!

See, she didn't totally change her personality around 180 right when Hisao wanted her to, and so when he blew up on her immediately after confronting her for the first time, it was her fault. Then when Hisao tried to continue the relationship despite knowing that he was extremely annoyed by one of her primary traits, it was still her fault that she didn't just magically make sense to him, which is why she had to reduce herself to the position of victim in order to gain his approval- to make up for her wrongdoings!

Doesn't that make so much sense now?

I love Rin's route, but the theme of "oh gosh I like Rin except her entire personality pisses me off so it must be HER that needs to change rite nao" makes me really mad.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Umber

Post by Umber »

SpunkySix wrote: I love Rin's route, but the theme of "oh gosh I like Rin except her entire personality pisses me off so it must be HER that needs to change rite nao" makes me really mad.
You mean Hisao. Hisao makes you mad. Nobody likes Hisao, y'know.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

Umber wrote: You mean Hisao. Hisao makes you mad. Nobody likes Hisao, y'know.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there.

I like Hisao, I find he embodies humans as a whole. He makes the same mistakes as most of us do, same achievements. I think he's meant to embody the player, everything we are; whether we like it or not.

While he can be a jerk at times for example in: EBE, SBE, RBE/RGE, HBE. He's only human, but a mere man, makes mistakes, acts a jerk-we all do. SO I think,that hating Hisao, is like hating how we are.

(Get ready for the inevitable replies of hatred :P)
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

No, I do agree with you. In fact, Hisao really does go out of his way for each of the girls. He makes mistakes and people like to state they would have done better than he would have done. Of course, having the benefit of hindsight and distance is an advantage the player has that Hisao doesn't.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Guest Poster wrote:No, I do agree with you. In fact, Hisao really does go out of his way for each of the girls. He makes mistakes and people like to state they would have done better than he would have done. Of course, having the benefit of hindsight and distance is an advantage the player has that Hisao doesn't.
I still find it very hard to believe that I'd be as pissy about the whole situation to Rin as he is in that route. Being depressed isn't an excuse for attempting to basically force a relationship with somebody and then try to change everything about them right away, and then blowing up on them when they don't respond well to that. Like... I wouldn't even think of doing that because it's just unreasonable.

I liked Hisao a lot better in Emi's route, because the only time he's actually a dick to Emi is when you make the wrong choice at her house. Otherwise, he behaves like a concerned, caring person and doesn't try to completely change Emi at a base level.
Last edited by SpunkySix on Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Actually, I think Hisao is a pretty decent guy in all routes but Rins, where he's a bit of a twat. In Emis, he's shown to be caring and playful, competitive and understanding in shizunes, someone who really cares for those around him In lillys.
Not sure what to say about Hanakos though since I hated that route quite a bit so can't really remember anything significant. And if I did it would probably be biased.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

YutoTheOrc wrote:
I like Hisao, I find he embodies humans as a whole. He makes the same mistakes as most of us do, same achievements. I think he's meant to embody the player, everything we are; whether we like it or not.
Good grief, could he really be the Everyman archetype?

It's hard to relate to some of his dense moments but the idea of his being something of a blank slate is what makes the story work.
HanakosForeverFriend

Post by HanakosForeverFriend »

Today i realized once again : " If i were to mute the game and turn on Benny Hill or Super Mario's happy music mix , i wouldn't be so down every time playing Katawa Shoujo ...
But since the music is really a part of it , this must not be done :c
" Breatlessly " and " Moment of Decision " always keep depressing me :'/
A full one hundred hours is not enough to complete for me :D
Atario

Post by Atario »

Liminaut wrote:Rin is starting to prepare for the exhibit, and she knows that this work is going to change her and this change is going to be a difficult and scary time. She is very intentional about this, and makes it clear to Hisao.
Objection, your honor. Rin is never clear about anything.
pulls a big "But what about meeee?" deal where he berates Rin for being so distant
I read it as more of a "you used me and dismissed me and you're destroying yourself" deal.
Rin seduces Hisao by standing out in the rain until she is soaking wet and then going to Hisao because she is the oh-so-helpless cripple girl that can't even dress herself.
I love how you imagine she calculated all that…
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Sohtak

Post by Sohtak »

I recently learned where all the KS backdrops came from.

Like most of the school backrounds are from Brown University and I learned that the Shanghai is also REAL!

The GATE! http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ ... 1c9fb2.jpg

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.259162, ... amMU-A!2e0

http://katawashoujo.wikia.com/wiki/Shanghai

It is so SURREAL seeing these places in RL...even though..they were already there long before Katawa Shoujo >.>

I mean I always realized it was Real life pictures with a filter on it but...it's just surreal