Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

azumeow

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by azumeow »

CoffeeDrive wrote: All of it is translated on the site, and a good 30% of validated text isnt in the game.
Wat....does that even mean?
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
brythain

Post by brythain »

azumeow wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote: All of it is translated on the site, and a good 30% of validated text isnt in the game.
Wat....does that even mean?
Means we're moving away from 'Random KS Discussion' and into 'Non-KS Hence Cooked'.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

brythain wrote: Means we're moving away from 'Random KS Discussion' and into 'Non-KS Hence Cooked'.
Right, that's my bad.
I'm actually replaying Rin's route after finishing -most- of the others. (Couldn't finish Shizune before 1.2 release, deer god I forgot how...ugh that route was.)

I'm scared, Brythain. I'm scared.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

azumeow wrote:
brythain wrote: Means we're moving away from 'Random KS Discussion' and into 'Non-KS Hence Cooked'.
Right, that's my bad.
I'm actually replaying Rin's route after finishing -most- of the others. (Couldn't finish Shizune before 1.2 release, deer god I forgot how...ugh that route was.)

Lol.
Does that mean I've played too much KS if I've reread her route almost uncountable times?
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

Megumeru wrote:
azumeow wrote:
Right, that's my bad.

Lol.
Does that mean I've played too much KS if I've reread her route almost uncountable times?
YES, yes it does. I've been through all but Rin and Shizune's routes twice. Made it through most of Shizune's before giving up.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

azumeow wrote: YES, yes it does. I've been through all but Rin and Shizune's routes twice. Made it through most of Shizune's before giving up.
( ̄▽ ̄)。。。

It's funny though since those two routes are the only one I'm willing to replay over and over just to see how much I remember something or see if I can catch something I missed in previous playthroughs. Then, there's Emi's route which I went through about five-six times for the same reason. Only went through Hanako and Lilly's route twice or three times before I got bored.

SHII-HAEL!
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
XcaaaL

Post by XcaaaL »

azumeow wrote:
Megumeru wrote:
azumeow wrote: Right, that's my bad.

Lol.
YES, yes it does. I've been through all but Rin and Shizune's routes twice. Made it through most of Shizune's before giving up.
Shizune's route isn't bad. I just thought it was short compared to the amount of time that passed in her route. A22 did a great job. I never really understood why people disliked Shizune's route so much.
brythain

Post by brythain »

azumeow wrote:
Megumeru wrote:
azumeow wrote:I'm actually replaying Rin's route after finishing -most- of the others. (Couldn't finish Shizune before 1.2 release, deer god I forgot how...ugh that route was.)

Lol.
Shizune's route is the one I'm going through now, for the third time. Since we're all KS alumni, so to speak, when you go through it again, you'll be more prepared for it, and it's more meaningful. I think it is more interesting than normally given credit for, but also a lot more taxing because you're a passenger in a rather long trip. It's amazing how early on Shizune makes her intentions clear, but can't communicate them. She gets food for Hisao while trying to keep Misha's friendship, and the tension is palpable once you know (from past experience of the KS milieu) what's going on.

The length of her arc makes hers the 'datum spine' (in a sense) of the whole story if you see them as a bundle of alternate universes. Hanako's and Lilly's are early hiving-off alternates, which can still converge to Shizune's. Rin's is most unstable, and Emi's is most divergent. This is the reason why my 'After the Dream' has Shizune's arc as a spine even though it evolves out of Lilly's neutral ending.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

brythain wrote: Shizune's route is the one I'm going through now, for the third time. Since we're all KS alumni, so to speak, when you go through it again, you'll be more prepared for it, and it's more meaningful. I think it is more interesting than normally given credit for, but also a lot more taxing because you're a passenger in a rather long trip. It's amazing how early on Shizune makes her intentions clear, but can't communicate them. She gets food for Hisao while trying to keep Misha's friendship, and the tension is palpable once you know (from past experience of the KS milieu) what's going on.

The length of her arc makes hers the 'datum spine' (in a sense) of the whole story if you see them as a bundle of alternate universes. Hanako's and Lilly's are early hiving-off alternates, which can still converge to Shizune's. Rin's is most unstable, and Emi's is most divergent. This is the reason why my 'After the Dream' has Shizune's arc as a spine even though it evolves out of Lilly's neutral ending.
If you happen to encounter something you're unfamiliar with (cultural references etc.), just holler. I love her route more than the rest mainly because it feels more like 'home' to me. :D

SHII-HAEL!
brythain

Post by brythain »

Megumeru wrote:If you happen to encounter something you're unfamiliar with (cultural references etc.), just holler. I love her route more than the rest mainly because it feels more like 'home' to me. :D
Me too, man, me too… :)
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

Im trying to find this fabled (now locked?) thread of shizune with all the big analyzing about all the stuff that are in her route and the meaning behind them like cultural references etc. So if anyone can push me in the right direction it would be much appreciated :mrgreen: .
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

I'd like to see it too. Either way, another bit of a topic.

Anyone here wear glasses? I recently went in for an appointment and found out my eyes degraded since my last (I've needed them since I was 11, I'm used to them now.) and was thinking about our favorite art teacher, Mr. Shinichi Nomiya. He owns a pair of Rose-tinted glasses, and I have for all time had a set of transitions and a coloured pair. (about 10-20%)

Do you suppose any of the characters in the series need glasses, or would have preferences about them? I could imagine Emi turning them down and getting contacts/lasers immediately when she found out. Hanako would probably get some sorta circular transitions. Lilly... Lilly probably wouldn't care. Would Rin even wear glasses if she needed them?
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

Broomhead wrote:I'd like to see it too. Either way, another bit of a topic.

Anyone here wear glasses? I recently went in for an appointment and found out my eyes degraded since my last (I've needed them since I was 11, I'm used to them now.) and was thinking about our favorite art teacher, Mr. Shinichi Nomiya. He owns a pair of Rose-tinted glasses, and I have for all time had a set of transitions and a coloured pair. (about 10-20%)

Do you suppose any of the characters in the series need glasses, or would have preferences about them? I could imagine Emi turning them down and getting contacts/lasers immediately when she found out. Hanako would probably get some sorta circular transitions. Lilly... Lilly probably wouldn't care. Would Rin even wear glasses if she needed them?
I think Rin would totally wear glasses....sometimes. Think about it, it's literally a way for her to carry another perspective with her. Colors and shapes blur and blend at different distances depending on how bad your sight is, and I think Rin would fall in love with that idea.
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

azumeow wrote: I think Rin would totally wear glasses....sometimes. Think about it, it's literally a way for her to carry another perspective with her. Colors and shapes blur and blend at different distances depending on how bad your sight is, and I think Rin would fall in love with that idea.
:shock:
Whelp, that answers one question. I'm totally seeing Rin carrying around one of those Department store racks with different prescriptions and colours. And I can vouch for the colours blending bit. I can barely see writing on the white board without glasses if I sit in the back of class.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

I've worn glasses since I was 5, and bifocals since I was 10. Annoyingly, last time I got lenses, they couldn't get photochromic lenses in my prescription, from a supplier that was any good. (The only time I was able to get them, they used a really poor quality coating.) I could go contacts with some of the modern contact designs, but glasses are still the preferred option, and I've worn them for over 4/5 of my life, so...

Lilly couldn't care.

Beyond that... Hanako's vision is, according to Word of Dev, fine. If she needed them, she'd probably go for the most inconspicuous pair she could - remember, she doesn't want to draw attention to her face.

Emi would go contacts if she could, for sure.

Rin would get these: http://www.adlens.com/ (Screw it, now I want to get those just to screw around with them. They're cheap enough... and, off to the adaptive technology thread.)
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!