Why Hanako Must Be Wearing A Wig

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Potato

Re: Why Hanako Must Be Wearing A Wig

Post by Potato »

Zarys wrote:If you are looking for pictures of real burned girls it's very variable, and difficult to see to what exactly Hanako would correspond.
It's only difficult because Google defaults to the most horrific examples possible which makes searching through them a task too awful to even complete. :lol: Luckily, I have this saved so I can default to it when I need a real-life Hanako comparison.

Eastern emoticons best emoticons. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

I knew a guy who had nasty, nasty burn scars over 100% of his face.

The weird thing is he had such a ready smile and bright eyes that the scars weren't a very important part of his appearance.

He had a full head of hair, too.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Those contests annoy me, but she still looks plenty cute.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Potato wrote:
Zarys wrote:If you are looking for pictures of real burned girls it's very variable, and difficult to see to what exactly Hanako would correspond.
It's only difficult because Google defaults to the most horrific examples possible which makes searching through them a task too awful to even complete. :lol: Luckily, I have this saved so I can default to it when I need a real-life Hanako comparison.

Eastern emoticons best emoticons. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Seriously ? the kids who intimidated Hanako were really assholes. :roll: (Not that they were less assholes if she was really horrible, but the fact that it is so little, makes it even worse their case : anger is sometimes an infantile reaction to fear, but now even that motivation does not hold.)
This woman looks totaly fine for me. :mrgreen:

It's funny, maybe the reaction of people is not as bad that imagines Hanako (at least in Yamaku), but people can't stop looking at her scars when they meet her for the first time and with her shyness, it wreaks havoc ? (Even if I understand her, it's not easy to talk to someone when you suffer from social anxiety, and if you also have a physical defect which is the first thing seen by others ...) which does not encourage most people to see beyond her scars or don't see her as a weirdos, (they hold their first impression of her : the scarified asocial girl, where people who know her better less associate her to her scars or shyness) kind of a vicious circle.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
turbulentDuvet

Post by turbulentDuvet »

http://www.skinandhealth.com/berns_girls_history

Found this article WRG burns and such. Not a huge amount of citations, but the girls seem to be in great health apart from the burn scars.
People are like chemicals, they only need to come together once and they can change eachother forever.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Zarys wrote:don't see her as a weirdos
I agree completely.

But Hanako has been burned for some time. As has the girl in that picture. So what we see in both cases is only after a great deal of healing. It probably was quite a bit worse in the beginning.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

Hanako may have some hair loss on the side of the burn, may shave her pubes, and most certainly does not wear a wig? Is this our group consensus? I myself think she does not wear a wig.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

If Hanako wore a wig, she would have taken it off when she showed Hisao all of herself.
Not Dead Yet
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Potato wrote:
Zarys wrote:don't see her as a weirdos
1)I agree completely.

2)But Hanako has been burned for some time. As has the girl in that picture. So what we see in both cases is only after a great deal of healing. It probably was quite a bit worse in the beginning.
1)Why you mention that particular part ? it is explicit that it's how she is seen by some people in Yamaku (the girl in the girls' dormitory, who openly despises her) and the fact that she is a curiosity in general in her class. (When other pupils begin to see that there is something between her and Hisao) and "weird" is certainly the best word for those who see her in the most negative way possible.
Or you agreed with my whole message ?

2)Yes, it could have been worse at the beginning, and the primary school is not necessarily the best context for tolerance. (without being cliché, an orphanage or a school for the disabled tend to be more tolerant by nature)
But that does not stop me from thinking that they are not entirely forgivable only because they were children.

If Hanako wore a wig, she would have taken it off when she showed Hisao all of herself.

That's why I don't she wears a wig, she's too honest in the sex scene.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Potato

Post by Potato »

Zarys wrote:1) Why you mention that particular part ?

2) But that does not stop me from thinking that they are not entirely forgivable only because they were children.
1) Because it was amusing.

2) Okay. Great. It wasn't meant to. But they are still considerably more forgivable than if she'd always looked as we see her. :lol:
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Potato wrote: 2) Okay. Great. It wasn't meant to. But they are still considerably more forgivable than if she'd always looked as we see her. :lol:
Or maybe it's worse because it hurts someone who is in a even worse shape...(She probably had to deal with more physical problems than in Yamaku)

Hmm ... I would say more "understandable" but not better.
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Atario

Post by Atario »

Oddball wrote:If Hanako wore a wig, she would have taken it off when she showed Hisao all of herself.
Most salient point in the whole thread right there
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Oddball wrote:If Hanako wore a wig, she would have taken it off when she showed Hisao all of herself.
Yet if she do, that would give one huge comedic value--would make a good one-shot comedy
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

Reminds me of this.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Megumeru wrote:
Yet if she do, that would give one huge comedic value--would make a good one-shot comedy
A fanfic where this happens and Hisao loses his boner for laughter? Yes please :lol: We've all been there
Atario wrote:Most salient point in the whole thread right there
Fuck's sake, Atario. *Googles 'Salient'* :P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon