Disabled Animals

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Disabled Animals

Post by SpunkySix »

I feel like this is a real world thing that, upon searching the forum, I've seen hasn't been touched on yet. Sure, people have brought up Lilly having a seeing eye dog, but it's not quite the same thing. In fact, it's kind of the opposite.

Wouldn't it be great if one of the girls ended up adopting a physically handicapped animal, especially if it was one that they could relate to? It could probably help with their feelings about things, and it'd be for a good cause. I thought of this today when I saw this picture posted on a friend's Facebook wall:

Poor thing got its legs taken off by farm equipment, and now it has little prosthetics to help it get around. Still needs a home just like everybody else though, and in relation to the VN, what better person to give it or any other animal that home than somebody who knows their pains? Whadda ya think, good idea, maybe?
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Potato

Re: Disabled Animals

Post by Potato »

Could help Hanako a lot, I'd think. I wonder how Kenji would spin it...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

My mom actually just recently took in a little dog that's almost completely blind.

he gets around her house somewhat okay, although he does bump into things now and again.
Not Dead Yet
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Oddball wrote:My mom actually just recently took in a little dog that's almost completely blind.

he gets around her house somewhat okay, although he does bump into things now and again.
That's really nice. And he shouldn't feel bad, my dog does that too, and she can see perfectly fine.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Ah, I remember that kitty. Long time ago, though. Funny it never occurred to me recently. Emicat!

Speaking of… I find it a crime that there's no fanart of a catgirl-Emi.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Umber

Post by Umber »

I've always wanted a cat, but I've never really lived in the proper conditions to take care of one. The major conflicting factor in such a desire is my parent, as well as the fact we live in the same household currently. And she doesn't like animals, so that helps.

I really can't see Emi with a pet, for some reason, but I can clearly see Rin with a deadpan-attitude animal of some sort with two hind legs and none at the front. I don't know why, either.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Umber wrote:I can clearly see Rin with a deadpan-attitude animal of some sort with two hind legs and none at the front. I don't know why, either.

I can see it too. Imagine her next to this, and both of them just being like... "Yeah, I've got no arms. What of it?"

And give me catgirl Emi or give me death...
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

I can imagine Rin with a tortoise

Just like Hisao comes home from uni or something, and she's sat there with her tortoise balanced on her head and how it got there will always be a mystery for him.

I can definitely see a similarity in Rin's and a Tortoise's perpetually bored expressions
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Personally, i volunteer in an animal shelter with plenty of "blind" cats. At first it was kind of repulsing, but you get used to it.
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Kutagh

Post by Kutagh »

One of the interpreters I know has a deaf cat... Gotta love the irony :-)
Potato

Post by Potato »

Rin with a tortoise is the best idea ever. Shizune'd do well with a bird, thanks to being deaf and unable to hear the constant squawking.

Jigoro would have a bear with a sword-arm.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Munchenhausen wrote:I can imagine Rin with a tortoise

Just like Hisao comes home from uni or something, and she's sat there with her tortoise balanced on her head and how it got there will always be a mystery for him.

I can definitely see a similarity in Rin's and a Tortoise's perpetually bored expressions
It's when you walk past them and there's Rin and her tortoise (the anti-Emi) casually both eating grass...
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:I can imagine Rin with a tortoise

It's when you walk past them and there's Rin and her tortoise (the anti-Emi) casually both eating grass...
"It's really not that bad, Hisao, try some. It tastes like green."
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

My first thought for Lilly was a unicorn, due to her being Scottish and all, but then I remembered something along the lines of them not being real or something and I felt sad.
But back on planet Earth, a seeing eye dog would obviously do Lilly a lot of good. And I'm sure Hanako would just melt at the sight of a dog :')
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Potato

Post by Potato »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:My first thought for Lilly was a unicorn, due to her being Scottish and all, but then I remembered something along the lines of them not being real or something and I felt sad.
But back on planet Earth, a seeing eye dog would obviously do Lilly a lot of good. And I'm sure Hanako would just melt at the sight of a dog :')
I believe Lilly had one at some point prior to the finalized version.