Waitaminute... Misha HAS to be bisexual.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Atario

Re: Waitaminute... Misha HAS to be bisexual.

Post by Atario »

metalangel wrote:in the real world, I tolerated her.
Huh?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

Atario wrote:
metalangel wrote:in the real world, I tolerated her.
Huh?
It was only a matter of time before one of them figured out how to cross over to our side.
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

I don't see why it's so shocking to dislike some types of people. :lol:
And don't forget that he also speaks about a real person he thinks he/she is like Misha; people are generally sympathetic to fictional characters with they would be jerkish if they were real (because many people in the real life are upset by anything and don't care about what people feels espacialy when they decided to classifty them as "disturbing ones" because they have problems in their attitude; but they do it with more often with fictional characters because everyone thinks he is better than he is really in his life : be honest, must of us would be horrible with real people like Hanako or Rin) so if they recognize real people in fictional characters , they will be less emphatic with them to rationalize their behavior about this kind of people in real life. (But since I don't know if he knowed Misha before of after met this person, it's maybe not that, just a hypothesis)

Although to be honest, I think you must be a bit superficial and jerkish (superfcial to don't see the person beyond that and jerkish to be upset for so little) if you dislike so much Misha to be "artifical and obnoxious" when you knows why she has this façade (and I don't even speak about the "fat") but like metangel said, it's just a personal opinion. :mrgreen:
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Not sure if troll or... Atario.

Anyone who didn't get it: I meant that, in the game I tolerated her, the same way I would with someone like her in the real world. Sadly there was no "Fuck off Misha! Wait, I'm Misha" moment.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Okay, just that the "she is fat, obnoxious, and artificial" is a bit harsh combinated to the "I know someone like her". :lol:
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

Something else I thought of that wouldn't exactly earn Misha any popularity points IRL: the fact that she calls Hisao "Hicchan" just moments after meeting him for the first time. Kind of flies in the face of Japanese etiquette, I think.
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

And only one other woman calls him that. Maybe Misha reminds him of his mother. :P

But at any rate, this thread seems to have turned from "Misha is bisexual" to "Real Japanese people would probably hate Misha."
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Mahorfeus wrote: "Real Japanese people would probably hate Misha."

They would.
Case closed.
Can we move on?
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

So it means most of them are jerk ? :P
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Zarys wrote:So it means most of them are jerk ? :P
Not really, thats like saying american people are jerks because they eat burgers.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

To say that the Americans have bad food habits is true , it's not because it's the norm that it's change something. :P

I mean, if the Japanese would tend to reject Misha , and since I think reject Misha is a bit jerkish; then the Japanase would tend to be jerkish (in my opinion) since by definition they are charactherized by something I find jerkish. :P
It's like yeah the Japanase would tend to be less tolerant than westerners (about disabled or lesbian for example), and It just means they tend to be a little untolerant, I don't will minimize and excuse it because it's a standard. :mrgreen:
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Anyway, I should actually post a relevant opinion, I guess. Well, relevant in the sense that other people have probably stated something similar already. Probably a hundred times over the past two years or so.

I'm willing to take for granted any answer that a dev gives in earnest (that means no "deflowered by demon space horses" crap), so I am firmly in the "Misha is homosexual" camp. I don't think anything in the game implies otherwise either.

It had little to do with actually finding any sort of "comfort." Having sex with Hisao was something she very much knew would fuck up his relationship with Shizune, something which some part of her wanted. By rejecting her advance, Hisao basically snaps her out of it by making her understand that he is probably a guy that deserves Shizune. That kind of reality check hurts, but it probably helped in the long term. Alternatively, he caves and she awkwardly defies her sexuality to serve her nefarious purpose, sowing the seeds of guilt.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
brythain

Post by brythain »

Mahorfeus wrote:And only one other woman calls him that. Maybe Misha reminds him of his mother. :P

But at any rate, this thread seems to have turned from "Misha is bisexual" to "Real Japanese people would probably hate Misha."
Well, in my headcanon, his mother does indeed sound like Misha. I've got that in a chapter where he goes home to visit his parents! :)

And no, I think it's about 'reasons why Misha must be bi' changing to 'reasons why RL Japanese might be uncomfortable around Misha'.

The latter is likely true of -all- the Yamaku students. Not so long ago, and even now, in many countries, there are people who think non-heterosexuals are suffering from a physical or mental disability, and that people who suffer from disabilities are uncomfortable (for various reasons) to be with. That is a fact which, far from excusing anything, serves to highlight Misha's predicament in a country where this is still common.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Atario

Post by Atario »

metalangel wrote:Not sure if troll or... Atario.

Anyone who didn't get it: I meant that, in the game I tolerated her, the same way I would with someone like her in the real world. Sadly there was no "Fuck off Misha! Wait, I'm Misha" moment.
"Would" is a pretty critical word to omit from that original sentence and then call someone a troll over…
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Sorry, reading that now, it sounds way harsher than intended - there should have been a :p on the end.