I wonder how many dreams Hisao inadvertently crushed

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

d2r

Re: I wonder how many dreams Hisao inadvertently crushed

Post by d2r »

SpunkySix wrote:
brythain wrote:Perhaps the reason they're all available in Hisao's possible futures is that they're the ones who don't have any dreamers. After all, there must be a lot more 'eligible' females in the pool, considering you've got at least four classes in that level. And of course, the ones a bit more junior.
Come to think of it, the gender balance is off...
To be fair, keep in mind that we're viewing the school through Hisao's eyes. If he doesn't interact with many men, you'll see far fewer.

Cook: You may be right about that. :p
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

d2r wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
brythain wrote:Perhaps the reason they're all available in Hisao's possible futures is that they're the ones who don't have any dreamers. After all, there must be a lot more 'eligible' females in the pool, considering you've got at least four classes in that level. And of course, the ones a bit more junior.
Come to think of it, the gender balance is off...
To be fair, keep in mind that we're viewing the school through Hisao's eyes. If he doesn't interact with many men, you'll see far fewer.
Exactly. Remember, when Hisao first arrives at Yamaku, he finds a bunch of guys sitting around in the common room watching TV or whatever, and makes a comment about only the girls being sociable.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

dewelar wrote:Exactly. Remember, when Hisao first arrives at Yamaku, he finds a bunch of guys sitting around in the common room watching TV or whatever, and makes a comment about only the girls being sociable.
That actually gives me an idea...

Pick one of the girls, and write multiple routes for them, one of them being their POV of their canon route with Hisao.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
brythain

Post by brythain »

The one thing we canonically know about all of them is that within this window of time, they aren't attached; hence Hisao has at least one clear opening for an attempt at any of them. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

I actually tried to work things out such that Hanako actually was attached when Hisao came to Yamaku, and she dumped her girlfriend for him in her route, but I couldn't make it work.

It was going to end up both massively out of character for her, and with some things that borderline conflict with canon.
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

On the flipside slightly to the original idea, it could be argued that on any route apart from hers, Emi ends up heartbroken or at the very least disappointed for a while. With the benefit of having played her route, and knowing right from the off (courtesy of the nurse) how much she 'appreciates [Hisao] running with her', on every other route when he decides to exercise some other way, saying 'Emi probably won't mind either way' (or words to that effect) has a kind of sad undertone to it when the reader knows that she just... will. There's a couple of occasions later on in some routes (I can't remember which ones), where I'm pretty sure she acts in a way which is accepting, but slightly downtrodden, wondering what could have been. Or at least, that's how I've interpreted it.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:On the flipside slightly to the original idea, it could be argued that on any route apart from hers, Emi ends up heartbroken or at the very least disappointed for a while. With the benefit of having played her route, and knowing right from the off (courtesy of the nurse) how much she 'appreciates [Hisao] running with her', on every other route when he decides to exercise some other way, saying 'Emi probably won't mind either way' (or words to that effect) has a kind of sad undertone to it when the reader knows that she just... will. There's a couple of occasions later on in some routes (I can't remember which ones), where I'm pretty sure she acts in a way which is accepting, but slightly downtrodden, wondering what could have been. Or at least, that's how I've interpreted it.
Aw... now I'm even happier I ended up on that route by accident. Hisao sure is an unknowing chaos butterfly, isn't he?
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

SpunkySix wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:On the flipside slightly to the original idea, it could be argued that on any route apart from hers, Emi ends up heartbroken or at the very least disappointed for a while. With the benefit of having played her route, and knowing right from the off (courtesy of the nurse) how much she 'appreciates [Hisao] running with her', on every other route when he decides to exercise some other way, saying 'Emi probably won't mind either way' (or words to that effect) has a kind of sad undertone to it when the reader knows that she just... will. There's a couple of occasions later on in some routes (I can't remember which ones), where I'm pretty sure she acts in a way which is accepting, but slightly downtrodden, wondering what could have been. Or at least, that's how I've interpreted it.
Aw... now I'm even happier I ended up on that route by accident. Hisao sure is an unknowing chaos butterfly, isn't he?
Haha, you and me both :D God bless you Emi.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

I imagine in Lilly's and Hanako's routes, Shizune is just cheezed that Hisao is, well, sleeping with the enemy.

Hisao, go with Emi. It's the least pain all around :D
brythain

Post by brythain »

I figured that after the Lilly neutral ending, Hisao still has a chance with ANY of the remaining girls. Heck, dewelar's engineered it to look that he might even have another chance with Lilly AND any of the remaining girls. The glories of writing your own epilogues… :)

But Liminaut's right. Emi is the least pain all round. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Liminaut wrote:I imagine in Lilly's and Hanako's routes, Shizune is just cheezed that Hisao is, well, sleeping with the enemy.
Except Shizune has nothing against Hanako, and in fact wanted to befriend her, but she was always too close to Lilly.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

brythain wrote:Heck, dewelar's engineered it to look that he might even have another chance with Lilly AND any of the remaining girls.
You make it sound like I did that intentionally. Which I didn't.

<_<
>_>

No, seriously.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

dewelar wrote:
brythain wrote:Heck, dewelar's engineered it to look that he might even have another chance with Lilly AND any of the remaining girls.
You make it sound like I did that intentionally. Which I didn't.

<_<
>_>

No, seriously.
Or DID you?! :shock:
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

bhtooefr wrote:
Liminaut wrote:I imagine in Lilly's and Hanako's routes, Shizune is just cheezed that Hisao is, well, sleeping with the enemy.
Except Shizune has nothing against Hanako, and in fact wanted to befriend her, but she was always too close to Lilly.
What was it she said? "A friend of my enemy is my enemy"?

She doesn't seem to have any personal problems with Hanako but there's a time or two she seems to take her frustrations with Lilly out on Hanako.
Not Dead Yet
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

Fun fact: in the opening shot of Hisao's classroom, there are 11 gals and 5 dudes. Plus that one snoring kid who appears to be a guy in a girl's uniform.

So at least in the only "group shot" we see, the balance is indeed off.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2