I wonder how many dreams Hisao inadvertently crushed

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

I wonder how many dreams Hisao inadvertently crushed

Post by SpunkySix »

Think about it... the fast, cheery girl in track, the artsy thinker, that cute shy girl hiding out in the library, the independent, intelligent council girl and the elegant, kind-hearted blonde. Somebody had to like these people. They were all there much longer than Hisao. There's given reasons why they're all single at the beginning, but it still makes you wonder just how many guys were thinking about giving it a try, or had always wanted to and were too timid to go for it before sweatervest guy showed up and dropped the VN protag bomb on their plans.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
AaronIsCrunchy

Re: I wonder how many dreams Hisao inadvertently crushed

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

The power of the sweatervest, right there.
Lilly certainly would have done, and she actually did (or at least I think it was alluded to). I don't know how anybody who had been there long enough would have found approaching Hanako - a few have tried (as Miki seemed to suggest) but I doubt it would have ended well without using Lilly as the immediate mediator. Rin? Maybe, but how someone would try to relate to her would have been anyone's guess, (hell, Hisao and his sweatervest had a hard enough time!), Emi probably did and I think a couple of said dreams were crushed when Hisao rocked up. That leaves Shizune... maybe people would have felt intimidated, but I think the main issue would have been communication.

But with all of these, if Hisao can do it, why couldn't anyone else? SWEATERVEST. (Or he was so emotionally in a pickle he felt the need to latch onto something, or someone, whereas everyone else had been there long enough to accept the status quo)
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Grimnir

Post by Grimnir »

They all were dump or crayzy enough to listen to Kenji and eat up his feminist conspiracy bullshit.

But seriously, I have no idea, either they were simply not interested, which raises the question why they are in a sweatervest wearing dork. (I hate these things, a painfull death to all sweatervests.)
Maybe they have a (oh god) sweatervest fetish? But let's get to the girls themselves.

Lily and Shizune: Too intimidating, Lily because she is rather tall and European looking and Shizune because she is ... well Shizune.
Rin: "Let us not ask the girl out that mentions my junk in our first conversation and I can't understand allthough she speaks my language."
Emi: She mentioned she had at least one boyfriend before, right?
Hanako: I guess at every try she would run away and the dude would think she is SO not interested.

EDIT: Damn it Aaron get out of my head.
Misha: "Oh, Hi, I'm Misha and this is my hetero-life-mate, Silent Shicchan."
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Lilly's actually had several confessions both in high school and middle school, but she turned them all down. I think by the time Hisao came along, most interested parties already gave it a shot and were rejected or never confessed but weren't going to try anyway.

And actually, I doubt Hanako received any confessions. Miki most likely merely alluded to people trying to talk to her and get to know her, which already failed spectacularly.

What I said about Lilly probably goes for all girls. By the time Hisao comes along, the girls have already been part of the student body for slightly over 2 years and most other students know who they are. If there are still guys out there pining for them, but they haven't made a move in the last 2 years, when are they going to do that? During the last couple of months which tend to be known as examination hell? Yeah, that'll work.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

All valid points with what would logically be the reasoning so far. I just imagine there was that one kind of meek kid who had been to the fair alone each year and was just like, "I'm done hiding my feelings- I'm gonna do it this year! I'm finally gonna ask that cute student council leader out!"

HISAO'D
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

SpunkySix wrote:All valid points with what would logically be the reasoning so far. I just imagine there was that one kind of meek kid who had been to the fair alone each year and was just like, "I'm done hiding my feelings- I'm gonna do it this year! I'm finally gonna ask that cute student council leader out!"
Then he ends up with the same bitter regrets I have from grade ten. I didn't get beaten to it by someone else, but she wasn't there in the final year and I don't know where she went.

This is another reason why you go for it now.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Natural selection
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I just imagine there was that one kind of meek kid who had been to the fair alone each year and was just like, "I'm done hiding my feelings- I'm gonna do it this year! I'm finally gonna ask that cute student council leader out!"
Then surely that kid would have already been on the student council as part of the process of getting to know her better since it's obvious that the council only has two members and Shizune wouldn't turn down offers to help out.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Quite an interesting idea...
I'm sure we've all been in that position, haven't we? Beaten to the chase?
Reminds me of a fanfic idea I had in a parallell universe when Naomi going out with Hisao, leaving Nataume in that lonely position, pining for her blonde epileptic companion...

But to my main point. I do believe we are missing one big Canon dream shattered by Hisao.
Hanako's attraction to Hisao during Lilly's route
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Munchenhausen wrote: But to my main point. I do believe we are missing one big Canon dream shattered by Hisao.
OH LAWD, forgot about this one! She had to I suppose swallow her pride and whatnot here, but for a large part of Lilly's route watching Hanako in the background is actually quite painful :(
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

d2r

Post by d2r »

Grimnir wrote:Emi: She mentioned she had at least one boyfriend before, right?
Why anyone would be put off by this fact continues to astound me.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

SpunkySix wrote:VN protag bomb.
I think you should call that the "dude who actually DOES something bomb" there.

Because well, the process kind of goes A declares interest in B, B accepts interest from A, acceptable trial run, PROFIT!

All the steps need to be successful, but you'll notice that both A and B need to take positive action at SOME point.
d2r wrote:Why anyone would be put off by this fact continues to astound me.
I figure a sizable part of the motive behind that is, even if you suck dohohoho, an inexperienced girl would still be unable to realize it immediately.
We males often prefer to accept bodily injuries rather than injured pride.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote: But to my main point. I do believe we are missing one big Canon dream shattered by Hisao.
OH LAWD, forgot about this one! She had to I suppose swallow her pride and whatnot here, but for a large part of Lilly's route watching Hanako in the background is actually quite painful :(
Yeah... the worst part is that "swallowing her pride" is sort of a cruel salt in the wounds for her at that point. For other people it might not be so bad, but for her specifically... poor thing.

d2r, I do think it'd be weird to be put off by a boyfriend in the past, but there definitely is a certain appeal to being "first" and I can see why sexually that'd be slightly disappointing. Not enough to turn me away obviously, but at least a little like "darn".

And Cook, good point.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Perhaps the reason they're all available in Hisao's possible futures is that they're the ones who don't have any dreamers. After all, there must be a lot more 'eligible' females in the pool, considering you've got at least four classes in that level. And of course, the ones a bit more junior.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

brythain wrote:Perhaps the reason they're all available in Hisao's possible futures is that they're the ones who don't have any dreamers. After all, there must be a lot more 'eligible' females in the pool, considering you've got at least four classes in that level. And of course, the ones a bit more junior.
Come to think of it, the gender balance is off...