NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
SpunkySix

Re: I wonder how many dreams Hisao inadvertently crushed

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:sweet Potato.
Pun intended or no?

No, Risk is a battlefield. Love is more like Minesweeper, a frustrating crapshoot. :lol:

I wonder what Iwanako ended up doing during her year...
Yes. And I quite like that comparison actually, because technically there's a logic to it, but it's hard to see and a lot of it relies on luck at the beginning.

Iwanako though... hm. She probably did move on mostly, but something tells me that she was affected by what she saw. At least the version of her letter I've seen seemed pretty heartfelt, like she thought about it a lot before putting pen to paper. Day to day, probably just normal stuff. Doubt she dated much.

I want that music video now please...
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

bhtooefr wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:but she certainly hasn't had sex before
Do we actually know that?
After letting herself be fingered by Hisao, Rin mentions she lost her "marital purity".
And it's your fault since it was you who mentioned it in your fanfic. xD (Good job btw.)
I mentioned it because it was also in the game. :)
In Rins case I simply don't know since I didn't play her route yet, but from what you mentioned she could've had one that really didn't last very long and/or she didn't realize as such.
If she didn't realize as such, she probably didn't have one. At most it was a guy who was following her around and get rebuffed again and again, but I wouldn't call that a relationship.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Guest Poster wrote:After letting herself be fingered by Hisao, Rin mentions she lost her "marital purity".
Well, that kinda destroys a theory of mine. (I try to repress my memory of Rin's route. It took everything I could to not just skip mode the whole thing to get 100% without actually having to read through it.)
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Now, an interesting point you got me thinking on here, Spunk, is that Hisao has NO romantic rivals in any route. Nobody else pops up to make him compete for the girl's affection, no matter what route he's in. The closest things he gets to romantic rivals are Misha in Shizune's route (not much of a rival, since she was rejected by Shizune before Hisao even came along) and Unnamed Track Captain in Emi's route (even less of a rival, since he's gay). The story probably doesn't really need romantic rivals (since Hisao faces plenty of obstacles and suffering without them), but it does make you wonder a little...

I just had a vision of a two-player versus mode of Katawa Shoujo where the second player plays as Misha and has to try to win over the girl Hisao is trying to get. :lol: Better yet, why not just make Misha an unlockable character for the Yuri fans?
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
brythain

Post by brythain »

someguy1294 wrote:Now, an interesting point you got me thinking on here, Spunk, is that Hisao has NO romantic rivals in any route.
I still think the simplest explanation is that when you come into a high school in the last semester before graduation, most people are already taken, and those that aren't, which you are most likely to encounter 'free', are unlikely to suddenly spawn rivals for your attentions.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

someguy1294 wrote:I just had a vision of a two-player versus mode of Katawa Shoujo where the second player plays as Misha and has to try to win over the girl Hisao is trying to get. :lol: Better yet, why not just make Misha an unlockable character for the Yuri fans?
I... huh. You know, this is a joke, but I have to admit, I've often wondered how a 2 player visual novel would play, where both players make decisions independent of each other and have to deal with the consequences of each other's choices. Sort of takes part of the control away and makes it feel more like a real situation, where there's not always a set branch that you get to reliably get to.

As for no rivals, I think that was covered in the post above.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

SpunkySix wrote:
someguy1294 wrote:I just had a vision of a two-player versus mode of Katawa Shoujo where the second player plays as Misha and has to try to win over the girl Hisao is trying to get. :lol: Better yet, why not just make Misha an unlockable character for the Yuri fans?
I... huh. You know, this is a joke, but I have to admit, I've often wondered how a 2 player visual novel would play, where both players make decisions independent of each other and have to deal with the consequences of each other's choices. Sort of takes part of the control away and makes it feel more like a real situation, where there's not always a set branch that you get to reliably get to.

I think if someone could ever do such a thing, it would be really, really interesting. However, due to how time consuming it would be, whether it ever happens is quite another matter :(
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Grimnir

Post by Grimnir »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:

I think if someone could ever do such a thing, it would be really, really interesting. However, due to how time consuming it would be, whether it ever happens is quite another matter :(
With my luck, I would end up with the other player, who is also playing a dude.
Still a better ending than Kenji.
Misha: "Oh, Hi, I'm Misha and this is my hetero-life-mate, Silent Shicchan."
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:

The more I think about it, it is kind of a neat idea... hope somebody at Renai gives it a shot at some point.

It'd be tough to find another player to sit down with you while you essentially read a book, but if you made it an online thing where each player has to respond after the other's choice (kinda like a turn-based RP), it might work...
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
Potato

Post by Potato »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:I think if someone could ever do such a thing, it would be really, really interesting. However, due to how time consuming it would be, whether it ever happens is quite another matter :(
I've got something like that logged away in my pile of game/VN ideas but still no artist to help realize it. :lol: Now I'm imagining a version where you have to sabotage some psychotic plot of Kenji's...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Potato wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:I think if someone could ever do such a thing, it would be really, really interesting. However, due to how time consuming it would be, whether it ever happens is quite another matter :(
I've got something like that logged away in my pile of game/VN ideas but still no artist to help realize it. :lol: Now I'm imagining a version where you have to sabotage some psychotic plot of Kenji's...
I will get good at drawing, then this will happen. I'll talk to you in... 15 years or so? :P
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Potato wrote:
I will get good at drawing, then this will happen. I'll talk to you in... 15 years or so? :P
I want to be there to smell the art happening.
TexasRanger

Post by TexasRanger »

I know this thread has been dead for ever but there is something I just gotta point out. In Emi's route, Hisao doesn't "make the move", she does.
"There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." - Ronald Reagan
"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." - Thomas Jefferson
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

TexasRanger wrote:I know this thread has been dead for ever but there is something I just gotta point out. In Emi's route, Hisao doesn't "make the move", she does.
Same with 3/5 of the route, actually.

Hisao seems like the a-typical donkan/thick head that takes a while for him to notice (unless he pulls it first). The girls made the move and hands it to him in a silver platter--he just think he pulled it off on his own.

(Except Hanako and Rin. Those two are probably the least aggressive with Hisao making most of the move)
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story