So we all want these alternate routes, on paper

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

So we all want these alternate routes, on paper

Post by SpunkySix »

As in, the Akira route, the Molly route, those two April Fools DLC routes, the Miki route, the Misha and Yuuko routes, maybe some of us want a real Kenji route, and so on.

But, do people actually see these working? If so, then which ones, how, and where would they fit in to act one? It's one thing to talk about how great it would be to have all these things, but it's another to actually see them work in practice. Which isn't to say that i doubt they could, I'm just curious to see individual visions of it working in different ways.

Oh, and the goofy stuff like the sharktopus route is fine to bring up if you have an idea of how it could work for real within its own wacky premise, but try not to get too silly here- I really am looking forward to seeing well thought out responses, and we have the achievement topic for the really out there joke stuff.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
AaronIsCrunchy

Re: So we all want these alternate routes, on paper

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

To add another one to that list, I think a Naomi route could genuinely have been interesting, as both of them have potentially life-threatening conditions which can be affected by what they do and their environment. To see how they would support each other, but then their differing views on how they'd like to be treated by one another, would've made a good, full route in my opinion.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Comrade

Post by Comrade »

I personally don't see the need to add routes, i was quite pleased with the four if them (fuck you shizune!)
Though a Saki/Rika route could have been intresting, i'd imagine Saki's would be pretty hard :/
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

SpunkySix wrote:As in, the Akira route, the Molly route, those two April Fools DLC routes, the Miki route, the Misha and Yuuko routes, maybe some of us want a real Kenji route, and so on.

But, do people actually see these working? If so, then which ones, how, and where would they fit in to act one? It's one thing to talk about how great it would be to have all these things, but it's another to actually see them work in practice. Which isn't to say that i doubt they could, I'm just curious to see individual visions of it working in different ways.
Well Thanatos02's Akira route starting off of the Dead-end of Act 1 works for me.
Molly's route could start off somewhere after meeting Emi.
Rika's could start off at a point where Hisao goes to the Nurse, Saki could be after Hisao meets Rin.
Miki's route could be a branch-off of after Emi's.
Yuuko? Hisao helps her out in the library.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
d2r

Post by d2r »

Just gonna poke my head in here and point out that a hypothetical Misha route is fundamentally nonsensical given the fact that she's a lesbian, and thus would have zero interest in Hisao (Spoiler Act 3 Shizune). And don't go bringing up the fact that she offers herself to Hisao; being depressed and vulnerable makes you do things you otherwise wouldn't do.

A Yuuko route is also very dubious even on paper, considering the age gap & the fact that Yuuko is a bit too busy to hold down a relationship. Ditto Akira (age gap, minimal contact), despite my abiding respect for Thanatos02.

Also, inb4 the inevitable "no requesting". :p
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

d2r wrote:Just gonna poke my head in here and point out that a hypothetical Misha route is fundamentally nonsensical given the fact that she's a lesbian, and thus would have zero interest in Hisao
Actually she never comes out and states that.
She just happens to be in love with someone who's female.
In other words: She's Bisexual since she doesn't come out and say she's gay.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
d2r

Post by d2r »

Steinherz wrote:In other words: She's Bisexual since she doesn't come out and say she's gay.
(All spoilers are for Shizune Act 3)

Granted they don't come out and give us a big neon sign saying "MISHA IS TOTALLY 100% LESBIAN GAIZE", but I still feel like reading her as bisexual is wishful thinking, so to speak. I dunno, she just doesn't seem that interested in men to begin with; her "flirty" behaviour just seems like playfulness, besides which flirtation does not necessarily entail interest. To some extent there's room for interpretation, which is where fan fiction comes in, but in terms of the character as given to us in the VA, it seems fairly unlikely to me.

Besides which, if she is in love with Shizune, and has been moping about it for over a year, then it's extraordinarily unlikely Hisao would have a shot even if she was bisexual. You just don't get over that kind of thing - hell, she doesn't get over it in Shizune's actual route. Besides, as Hanako's route has taught us, Hisao's penis is not a magical healing wand of emotions.

P.S. If you go right out and say "She's in love with someone who is female", then that's basically giving away the plot twist anyway. You should probably spoiler tag that. :p
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

d2r wrote:Also, inb4 the inevitable "no requesting". :p
NOT REQUESTING AT ALL, TO BE VERY, VERY CLEAR. JUST LIKE SEEING IDEAS AND MAKING A PLACE FOR PEOPLE TO PUT THEM DOWN FORMALLY.
Last edited by SpunkySix on Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Pretty sure writing in big red letters is also forbidden
An American, 2014
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Comrade wrote:I'd imagine Saki's would be pretty hard :/
Understatement of the week...
I'm too scared to even consider a Saki route, because of the inevitable feelage :'(

Although FluffAndCrunch does a fantastic portrayal of Ghost!Saki in his fics, along with the decision to make Saki's infamous quote so goddamn tear-jerking
"Every day is a gift, every hour is golden, every second is a diamond.
Life can be wonderful, if you have the courage to live it."

Also totally agree with Aaron, here. Even though I ship NxN to the high heavens and back, a Naomi route would be pretty cool.
Although that may be because I find Epilepsy in itself fascinating ever since I researched it for that NxN fanfic
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Comrade wrote:Pretty sure writing in big red letters is also forbidden
Stop telling Spunky what to do on his forum.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

metalangel wrote:
Comrade wrote:Pretty sure writing in big red letters is also forbidden
Stop telling Spunky what to do on his forum.
Comrade is not amused.
Maybe you should take a vacation back east
An American, 2014
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I fixed it by making it small and green. Continue speculation/idea making, if you so wish.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

A full blown Kenji route would, I presume, start with him NOT falling off a tall building pished out of his skull, but he'd get to the end of the manly picnic, increasingly realise what Kenji is saying, and join forces with him. Where it goes from then? It could turn into a yaoi route, although I'm not entirely sure if the orientation of Kenji or Hisao would allow for that. That said, bunkers do get lonely...

Alternatively, it could turn into a route where Hisao tries to socially rehabilitate Kenji. This might have had potential to be interesting, as obviously there are quite deep-set obstacles that Kenji has in his mind that would have to be broken through - although not full-blown hikikomori yet, one false move could potentially lead to our little spectacled friend becoming one.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Atario

Post by Atario »

d2r wrote:Granted they don't come out and give us a big neon sign saying "MISHA IS TOTALLY 100% LESBIAN GAIZE", but I still feel like reading her as bisexual is wishful thinking, so to speak.
It's a continuous spectrum; there's more than three settings on the dial. I'd estimate Misha at maybe 70 to 90% lesbian, depending on the extent of her actual past history with girls.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote