Wha's the biggest differences between the routes *SPOILERS*

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

KrisIsLyra

Wha's the biggest differences between the routes *SPOILERS*

Post by KrisIsLyra »

...that shouldn't have been different, a.k.a. they weren't caused by Hisao's actions? For example, Hisao, Shizune, and Misha meet Akira and Lilly in Shizune's Act 3 even though both of them or at least Akira should've left for Scotland by then.

Also, in which routes do Hisao look the most different? I'm working on a crazy fan theory.
Liminaut

Re: Wha's the biggest differences between the routes *SPOILE

Post by Liminaut »

First off, about Lilly's exit to Scotland. She leaves around Tanabata, which is when Hisao confesses to Shizune in Shizune's route. So, I think in Shizune's route Lilly goes to Scotland, stays for the summer, and then comes back to finish the school year. It's quite possible that Lilly would have done exactly the same thing in the bad end to her route. It might have been a little awkward, of course. However, the point of the bad end was Hisao and Lilly deciding that they didn't mean that much to each other after all. No matter how much their own hearts were breaking, each had decided the other didn't care that much. Hence, Lilly could have easily decided to come back from Scotland and just kind of avoid Hisao. Granted, ignoring problems is completely out of character for Lilly. :-)

I think the biggest difference is going to be with Rin. She stills goes through with her art show, but without Hisao there to support her. That meltdown she has at the art show? Rin win still have Emi there, but I believe the text makes it pretty clear that Emi won't understand what Rin is going through. There are no good ends in that route. I could even see Rin giving up art because she can't take art shows.

The next big difference is something that gets alluded to during Rin's route. Misha talks about her and Shizune going to spend the summer with Lilly and her parents. An unreconstructed Shizune, an unrequited Misha, and Lilly out together in a house with nothing to do except take long walks in the countryside and give each other grief? Oh, that's a charming scenario.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Lilly's appearance in Shizune's Act 3 has been admitted to be a continuity mistake by the devs.
She was supposed to have ended up in Scotland in every ending except her own good ending.
As for Rin, without Hisao there it is doubtful she would even bother to do the exhibition at all, as he was a major factor in encouraging her to do it.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
d2r

Post by d2r »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Lilly's appearance in Shizune's Act 3 has been admitted to be a continuity mistake by the devs.
She was supposed to have ended up in Scotland in every ending except her own good ending.
As for Rin, without Hisao there it is doubtful she would even bother to do the exhibition at all, as he was a major factor in encouraging her to do it.
Wasn't it in Act 4 she appeared? I remember seeing her in one of the scenes leading up to the bad ending.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Lilly's appearance in Shizune's Act 3 has been admitted to be a continuity mistake by the devs.
They've said that.
They've also said that the only things that count are what's actually IN the game.

Take it for what it's worth.
Not Dead Yet
Potato

Post by Potato »

The biggest difference between all the routes is how different the girl Hisao bones looks.

And Misha and Shizune probably remain on lousy terms.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:The biggest difference between all the routes is how different the girl Hisao [sexually pleasures on a semi-regular basis] looks.
Is that a thing?
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

Durn. I liked her coming back. I was hoping she had finally figured out what kind of parents she had.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Liminaut wrote:
Durn. I liked her coming back. I was hoping she had finally figured out what kind of parents she had.
Eh, for all we know, that's what happened. They never intended for her to be there, but intentions =/= reality.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

What happened with Hisao and his science ambitions in other routes? I know they're there, but in Emi's route they're much more prominent if my memory serves me right. He certainly doesn't form a science club with Mutou in any of his others.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:What happened with Hisao and his science ambitions in other routes? I know they're there, but in Emi's route they're much more prominent if my memory serves me right. He certainly doesn't form a science club with Mutou in any of his others.
You remember correctly. He forms the science club, and he's also seriously looking to further his ambitions in college.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

I choose to interpret the Shizune route "error" as the exact opposite of word of author, especially because there's a scene earlier in Shizune's route that says that Akira and Lilly will be back, but Akira's giving up the Evo.

That is, my interpretation is that Lilly stays in every route except her own and possibly Hanako's. In her own route, she knows Hanako has Hisao, at least. In Hanako's route, she knows Hanako has Hisao in the good and neutral endings, and in the bad ending, Hanako napalmed the bridge with her. In every other route, Hanako isn't shown to have any particular growth, and may well still be dependent on Lilly.

For Shizune's route specifically, I could see what happens as, Akira's moving to Scotland, but is bringing Lilly back (Lilly having argued for her education and mentioning that there's someone who depends on her) after summer break.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Potato

Post by Potato »

Huh...It's actually kind of awful to contemplate how Hanako would handle Lilly's departure in those other routes...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Potato wrote:Huh...It's actually kind of awful to contemplate how Hanako would handle Lilly's departure in those other routes...

Nah. I'm wondering if Lilly would even leave for Scotland in the other routes. Circumstances could be drastically different with just a few changes.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Have we ever had a full-length discussion on Yamaku's Suicide Rate?
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon