How do you think the girls would react to different routes?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Atario

Re: How do you think the girls would react to different rout

Post by Atario »

Is it just me or has this discussion gone uselessly into meta territory?

How would someone react to knowing he was just a character in a story? It's a really old idea and has been addressed in many ways.

To me it's more interesting to talk about the girls' various reactions to what to them are "might-have-beens". Example: good-end Lilly's reaction to Shizune's good path. I think she'd be quite torn between the idea of Hisao overcoming a bad situation like that, and Shizune "winning" in her own way.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Potato wrote: Even worse, the knowledge that all of her pain and history was due to some jerk writers...
Now all I can think about is Hanako as Calhoun. "She's programmed with the most tragic backstory ever." :lol:
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Hanako might actually snap when she realizes that her parents were also fabricated purely to give her a tragic backstory.

Typically she internalizes all of her negativity, but that might just be enough to get her to lash out.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Potato

Post by Potato »

Atario wrote:Is it just me or has this discussion gone uselessly into meta territory?

How would someone react to knowing he was just a character in a story? It's a really old idea and has been addressed in many ways.

To me it's more interesting to talk about the girls' various reactions to what to them are "might-have-beens". Example: good-end Lilly's reaction to Shizune's good path. I think she'd be quite torn between the idea of Hisao overcoming a bad situation like that, and Shizune "winning" in her own way.
Or Shizune's reaction to Lilly's good path, seeing as they sort-of make up a bit during it. Really, when either catches the scene with that old festival photo, they're both bound to feel kinda shitty about things. As they should.

Hanako's reaction to either of Lilly's paths would be interesting, or vice-versa...

And now I can't help picturing Kenji's end. They arrive on the roof for their picnic, only Shizune's there to scold them and force them away after seeing what happens there.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.