How Happy Is Misha? Really? (Some Spoilers)

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mirage_GSM

Re: How Happy Is Misha? Really? (Some Spoilers)

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I'd like to know if there is a person alive who hasn't ever pondered that thought when depressed...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Liminaut wrote:My feelings about that scene was that Misha was essentially saying "For God's sake Hisao, tell me that you want me in your life and you'd be upset if I just up and died". And Hisao ... even in the good ending his response is pretty minimal. It was the one point in the VN where I was genuinely mad at the guy. Even Hanako's bad end didn't honk me off the way this scene did.

I will point out that there is reasonable evidence that Misha can be somewhat manipulative. For instance, in the "Misha's Disability" thread there was substantial discussion about Misha's comment to Hisao that she has trouble with stairs, and so Hisao has to do the bulk of the work getting stuff. The thread conclusion was that Misha was yanking Hisao's chain to get him to do all the work; i.e., Misha was being intentionally manipulative.
I imagine she picked up the habit of pawning work off on others from Shizune. Misha doesn't seem the type to be naturally manipulative otherwise...At least not successfully so.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

People seem to assume that if a person acts in a certain way one time that is a sure way to identify personality traits.
Misha muses one time about death when she is depressed - she must be suicidal.
She "manipulates" Hiao to do some work for her once - and please note that Hisao probably didn't even take that comment seriously - and that is "reasonable evidence" that she is... okay, "can be" manipulative. (Everybody can be manipulative.)
I admit that many VNs have characters that are one-dimensional like that, but I'd like to think that KS isn't one of them.
Last edited by Mirage_GSM on Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Mirage_GSM wrote:People seem to assume that if a person acts in a certain way one time that is a sure way to identify personality traits.
Misha muses one time about death when she is depressed - she must be suicidal.
Unfortunately, I've encountered it plenty of times in real life where you make such a statement and people take it literally and become distressed saying 'oh my god, don't talk like that' or 'don't do it!!!!'

The challenge when you are talking to someone you know has depression or mental illness - they might say the same things, but there is a much greater chance that they actually mean it.