Easiest/Most Difficult Routes? (SPOILERS EVERYWHERE)

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Pick the Easiest and Hardest Route.

Shizune's is Easiest
30%
Emi's is Easiest
14%
Rin's is Easiest
No votes
Hanako's is Easiest
No votes
Lilly's is Easiest
7%
Shizune's is Hardest
2%
Emi's is Hardest
No votes
Rin's is Hardest
39%
Hanako's is Hardest
5%
Lilly's is Hardest
5%

Total votes: 44

Potato

Re: Easiest/Most Difficult Routes? (SPOILERS EVERYWHERE)

Post by Potato »

Steinherz wrote:The thing is, people get "confused" because that's not what comforting means. Many people do not equate "comforting" with "let's get busy".
"Kicking the bucket" doesn't literally mean dying either but most people understand the subtext. :lol: Plus, again, the whole thing where she's very obviously hinting at it with her actions. There's honestly little if any room for confusion.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Potato wrote:
Steinherz wrote:The thing is, people get "confused" because that's not what comforting means. Many people do not equate "comforting" with "let's get busy".
"Kicking the bucket" doesn't literally mean dying either but most people understand the subtext. :lol: Plus, again, the whole thing where she's throwing herself at him. There's honestly little if any room for confusion.
To add to that, you need to examine the cultural context… see this Wikipedia link.

Edit: OK, I realise that might have been an unnecessarily cruel and unusual interpretation. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

brythain wrote:
Potato wrote:
"Kicking the bucket" doesn't literally mean dying either but most people understand the subtext. :lol: Plus, again, the whole thing where she's throwing herself at him. There's honestly little if any room for confusion.
To add to that, you need to examine the cultural context… see this Wikipedia link.
Thank you Japan :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Potato

Post by Potato »

brythain wrote:To add to that, you need to examine the cultural context… see this Wikipedia link.
I wasn't even thinking of that and it was still pretty obvious what 'comfort' meant. :lol: So Shizune's route is pretty difficult from a "AHHHH HOW CAN YOU PEOPLE NOT GET IT?" standpoint.

Still vote Rin's the most difficult though for having numerous choices that don't even change anything. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Steinherz wrote: The thing is, people get "confused" because that's not what comforting means. Many people do not equate "comforting" with "let's get busy".
If a girl who is not your girlfriend kiss-rapes you, that alone should be cause for alarm.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Potato wrote: Still vote Rin's the most difficult though for having numerous choices that don't even change anything.
But see, that doesn't really raise the difficulty, to me. Sure, it can make you a little nervous because you don't know which choices are going to fuck you over and which aren't, but having a bunch of choices that don't kill or save you doesn't make it harder to get the Good End.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

someguy1294 wrote:
Potato wrote: Still vote Rin's the most difficult though for having numerous choices that don't even change anything.
But see, that doesn't really raise the difficulty, to me. Sure, it can make you a little nervous because you don't know which choices are going to fuck you over and which aren't, but having a bunch of choices that don't kill or save you doesn't make it harder to get the Good End.
At least for me, that would actually be comforting. If I had a bunch of choices, I'd feel like I had more of a chance to push things in a positive direction and more control, then the placebo effect would kick in. If it just came down to one really tough choice and I knew it, the force of that might hit me all at once and make me more nervous.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:
someguy1294 wrote:
At least for me, that would actually be comforting. If I had a bunch of choices, I'd feel like I had more of a chance to push things in a positive direction and more control, then the placebo effect would kick in. If it just came down to one really tough choice and I knew it, the force of that might hit me all at once and make me more nervous.
More choices would decrease the chance of positive things, though...You have one choice (two options), there's a 50/50 chance of positive outcome...Each new choice drops that chance.

I remember though, I kept getting Rin's bad end. And each time I'd replay, I always figured the damning choice was one in that bunch that (it turns out) doesn't mean shit no matter what you pick. :lol: So it took me a while...
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Eh, I'm weird with the way my anxiety kicks in... it's not really rational, so chances are the choices DO actually make it harder.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

No.
More choices may create the illusion that the path is harder.
You may think that it is harder.
But objectively, if those choices don't effect the bad ending, they don't make it harder to get the good one.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.