Any references *to* KS?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Woody Alien

Any references *to* KS?

Post by Woody Alien »

It's been more than 2 years since KS graced our screens, but I still haven't seen any references to KS in other games... or anywhere else, really.
I thought that, being a "cult game" and something that affected many people all around the world, someone wanted to immortalize it in one way or another, but no.
Also I see a lot of indie game developers putting references to other indies in their games, and since they do that shit everywhere even where it doesn't belong, I thought "maybe they' re gonna put a nod to KS in there", but nothing so far.

The only thing I know of is a passing reference in the English translation of Danganronpa where one character says to another something to the effect of, "If you have a fetish for burn victims, then I have the game for you" (then again, I didn't play the game and found this info on TvTropes, so maybe it isn't even real).

Do you know of anything similar? What do you think?
Katawa Shoujo is a game that, by all accounts, shouldn't exist, but it does and we're happier because of it!
Shizune è una porcona

Click here for real-life Misha: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daddy_mulk/8637512452/
Potato

Re: Any references *to* KS?

Post by Potato »

It exists online. It is already immortalized.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I've kind of wondered this to. Haven't seen anything, but I'm keeping my peepers peeled.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
d2r

Post by d2r »

We could try and make it happen ourselves. Any of us doing a PhD or Master's degree could always name-drop characters in an essay (as figures in an example, for instance) and then try to get it published. :p
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?