If the girls were rpg characters

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

emmjay

Re: If the girls were rpg characters

Post by emmjay »

Oddball wrote:For some reason, I've had the urge to make Call of Cthulhu stats for the characters latley, even though I haven't played that game in years. (and I was probably playing it wrong back then.)

Also, I can't decide if Rin would have a high sanity score or a low one.
Well, that's a bad idea. I think we all know what happens when Japanese schoolgirls get too close to tentacles...
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

dewelar wrote:I'm currently in charge of an RPG group for the blind and visually impaired. The group still plays using D&D 2E - the group was founded before the release of 3E, and they decided not to switch. We recently started a new campaign, with my friend to whom I read KS as the DM. She's running Emi as an NPC thief (running with the idea of her as a pirate), and I'm playing Rin as a priestess of the goddess of the arts.
As a follow-up to this...

Last night, a couple other members of the group and I were chatting after our session, and I decided to ask them what they thought of my Rin character (none of the others know about KS AFAIK). Literally the first thing one of them said was "I like her a lot, but I've been wondering if she might be on the spectrum." Given how many people on these boards have said something similar, I took that to mean I was playing her right and proper :D.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

dewelar wrote:
dewelar wrote:I'm currently in charge of an RPG group for the blind and visually impaired. The group still plays using D&D 2E - the group was founded before the release of 3E, and they decided not to switch. We recently started a new campaign, with my friend to whom I read KS as the DM. She's running Emi as an NPC thief (running with the idea of her as a pirate), and I'm playing Rin as a priestess of the goddess of the arts.

Last night, a couple other members of the group and I were chatting after our session, and I decided to ask them what they thought of my Rin character (none of the others know about KS AFAIK). Literally the first thing one of them said was "I like her a lot, but I've been wondering if she might be on the spectrum." Given how many people on these boards have said something similar, I took that to mean I was playing her right and proper :D.
On what spectrum?
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:
dewelar wrote:

On what spectrum?
Autism. There's been a lot of speculation on this board about whether Rin might have some form of it.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Valjean Lafitte

dewelar wrote:
Valjean Lafitte wrote: On what spectrum?
Autism. There's been a lot of speculation on this board about whether Rin might have some form of it.
Oh. I've noticed that, but I didn't know how much of it was serious. Do people really think that? I would think that if she does have it she'd be pretty low on the scale. But then again I've only read her route once, so what do I know?
"Everything."
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Still adamant she dosent, just a case of Alexthymia. Which im pretty sure has been confirmed.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Alexthymia is not supposed to be associated with a lack of creativity and imagination ?
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:
dewelar wrote:
Valjean Lafitte wrote: On what spectrum?
Oh. I've noticed that, but I didn't know how much of it was serious. Do people really think that? I would think that if she does have it she'd be pretty low on the scale. But then again I've only read her route once, so what do I know?
... You've never heard of High-Functioning autism have you? While Rin being autistic is a fan-theory, she does exhibit signs of Asperger syndrome. Note: This is coming from someone with Asperger's.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Valjean Lafitte

Steinherz wrote: ... You've never heard of High-Functioning autism have you? While Rin being autistic is a fan-theory, she does exhibit signs of Asperger syndrome. Note: This is coming from someone with Asperger's.
But isn't Asperger's a form of high functioning autism, or considered to be the same thing? Anyway, what I was saying was that if she does have autism, I'm of the opinion it'd be on the lower end of the severity scale, i.e it's a form of autism that significantly impairs her. High functioning autism then, or Asperger's if you prefer.

Though to be honest, the more I read about Alexithymia, the more plausible it seems that Rin could have a mild case of it. Which isn't to say she couldn't have both, but one wonders where we draw the line of trying to diagnose her with something.
"Everything."
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:
Steinherz wrote: ... You've never heard of High-Functioning autism have you? While Rin being autistic is a fan-theory, she does exhibit signs of Asperger syndrome. Note: This is coming from someone with Asperger's.
But isn't Asperger's a form of high functioning autism, or considered to be the same thing? Anyway, what I was saying was that if she does have autism, I'm of the opinion it'd be on the lower end of the severity scale, i.e it's a form of autism that significantly impairs her. High functioning autism then, or Asperger's if you prefer.
They're considered the same thing, and HFS isn't even considered an actual diagnosis. Essentially it can be summed up as "someone with autism that isn't completely mentally disabled" (which Rin definitely isn't). And if it's on the lower end of the severity scale it'd be one that wouldn't impair her. She's able to function normally, if a bit eloquently odd at times. If she had something that significantly impairs her, she'd basically be mentally retarded.... which she's not.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Valjean Lafitte

Steinherz wrote:
Valjean Lafitte wrote:
They're considered the same thing, and HFS isn't even considered an actual diagnosis. Essentially it can be summed up as "someone with autism that isn't completely mentally disabled" (which Rin definitely isn't). And if it's on the lower end of the severity scale it'd be one that wouldn't impair her. She's able to function normally, if a bit eloquently odd at times. If she had something that significantly impairs her, she'd basically be mentally retarded.... which she's not.
Whoops. I had meant to write "that *doesn't* significantly impair her". :oops:
"Everything."
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Steinherz wrote: She's able to function normally, if a bit eloquently odd at times.
"Eloquently odd" is one of the best phrases I've ever seen to describe Rin.

Charmant

Post by Charmant »

emmjay wrote:
Steinherz wrote: She's able to function normally, if a bit eloquently odd at times.
"Oddly eloquent" works too. Oddloquent? If Rin ever needs an online handle...
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Charmant wrote:
emmjay wrote:
"Oddly eloquent" works too. Oddloquent? If Rin ever needs an online handle...
Eloquodd? (Sounds like a Pokemon.)

d2r

Post by d2r »

emmjay wrote:Well, that's a bad idea. I think we all know what happens when Japanese schoolgirls get too close to tentacles...

Call of Cthulu is actually a good idea, considering the characters therein aren't supposed to be typical heroes. Plus, being blind is an asset when confronted with sights which make you go mad. :P
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?